Windows 10: BSOD "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" WHEN INSTALLING GPU DRIVERS

Discus and support BSOD "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" WHEN INSTALLING GPU DRIVERS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, so around Christmas time I got a second hand GTX 1060 6GB ASUS on ebay and when I first installed the drivers I had a few issues but they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vB Skyz, Jan 2, 2020.

1. vB Skyz Win User

BSOD "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" WHEN INSTALLING GPU DRIVERS

Hi everyone, so around Christmas time I got a second hand GTX 1060 6GB ASUS on ebay and when I first installed the drivers I had a few issues but they were minor and were fixed easily. however I couldn't play games as they would either freeze or just crash. I tried everything but it didn't work. So I reinstalled windows 10 using a usb with the media creation tool. But ever since I've done this, every time I either install my gpu's latest drivers or windows automatically installs the basic ones for it i'll get a blue screen and the only way to stop it is to go into safe mode and use ddu to uninstall the nvidia driver completely. it never did this before I reinstalled windows and im really confused. I've used memtest86 and I says I have no errors so I think my cpu and ram are fine. all of my parts except my gpu and ram are new and all of my parts are compatible. I don't know much about computers but my bro who does had a look at my pc and said that it was strange and could be the drivers not working with windows but idk. Any help would be appreciated and if you need more info just let me know and i'll tell you.

PC PARTS:

CPU: RYZEN 2200G

GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB 2nd hand

RAM: 2x 4GB 2400MHz CORSAIR VENGANCE 2nd hand

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS B450M-A

SSD: SANDISK 480GB could be larger or smaller GB but can't find box

PSU: EVGA 600W SILVER RATED 80+

Like I said any help would be appreciated because I've looked online and can't find any solutions that have helped and the person I bought the gpu off told me that he never had any issues.

:)

vB Skyz, Jan 2, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" WHEN INSTALLING GPU DRIVERS [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jan 2, 2020
  3. MattCorey Win User
    New build - BSOD Video_scheduler_internal_error

VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR is Windows BSoD message telling about issues with computer’s graphic card. In some cases, the error can be caused by video adapter, hardware changes, corrupted system
    files or third-party software. Many users who encountered this issue report using NVIDIA graphic cards or Ryzen CPU processors.

1. Check if you’re running two security programs at once

2. Check and repair hard disk problems

3. Update drivers to Fix Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error

4. Uninstall Windows Update

5. Install Windows Updates

6. Uninstall third-party software

step by step tutorial on https://geeksadvice.com/fix-video-scheduler-internal-error-on-windows/

MattCorey, Jan 2, 2020
  4. DerJawsh Win User

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD on new computer with older GPU.

Hello,

After a miserable experience with a pre-built computer having a plethora of BSOD's and freezes that could not be diagnosed, I built a new computer about a week ago. Everything in it is brand new and checked for compatibility except the Graphics Card which is being replaced with the 1070 once it releases. The one currently in it is an old GTX 660 EVGA SC.

Anyways, it's been fine and dandy, I've been monitoring all temps/voltages and everything is going alright, except I encountered my first BSOD today and it terrified me (not again!!!!)

What I was doing at the time of the BSOD was opening Overwatch for the first time after a new patch, and also opening EVGA Precision X (I use the EVGA fan profile for Overwatch because it's a GPU killer) My screen froze and the feeling I know all too well perked up, yep, another Blue Screen.

The error identifier was:

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

Which I've determined is commonly related to GPU driver issues, however, I thought I'd be extra careful while I'm in my 30 day return period and see if this is an actual issue. It appears that the issue was caused by DirectX.

I've uploaded the debugging files as asked and have attached them below

Is this something to be concerned about, or is it likely just a buggy driver release some weird interaction caused by Overwatch Startup and EVGA Precision X startup coinciding?

DerJawsh, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" WHEN INSTALLING GPU DRIVERS - Similar Threads - BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR INSTALLING

2. BSOD video_scheduler_internal_error whenever I enable NVIDIA GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD video_scheduler_internal_error whenever I enable NVIDIA GPU: Hi.I've been experiencing BSODs for the last two days, the same error video scheduler internal error persists. I have tried reinstalling Windows, changing GPU driver version to older ones, checking disks and running other commands like "sfc /scannow", etc, but nothing has...
  3. BSOD Errors Video_Scheduler_Internal_Errors

BSOD Errors Video_Scheduler_Internal_Errors: have a HP EliteBook notebook that is giving me BSOD - Video_Scheduler_Internal_Errors I have traced through similar threads and have found a tool that allows me to look at the miniDump. Could someone help me understand which Device/drivers the Mini Dump is pointing to so I...
  4. BSOD caused by VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD caused by VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: I have been having a few BSODs. One by Non Paged...something I don't remember properly. One by DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. One was caused by atikmdag.sys file/driver. And this is the 3rd one. I am having AMD 530 Radeon. I did try uninstalling the driver & then using...
  5. BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: Hi, I suddenly got this error from yesterday. I tried to review the dump file and the problems seem to be about nvlddmkm.sys and dxgmms2.sys but then I don't know what should do for next step. I have made sure the display card driver and windows are updated, done sfc scan...
  6. BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119

BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119: I think it's about the Nvidia graphic card driver. BSODs started a couple weeks ago whenever I tried to start a game, most of the issues were dpc_watchdog_violation and system_thread_exception_not_handled. Then I uninstalled the previous video card driver (which was the...
  7. Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD help?

Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD help?: Hi all, Basically, I keep getting a bsod with this same thread. I thought at first it would be an issue with my graphics drivers so I simply reinstalled them. However, this keeps occurring. I have tried multiple versions of the drivers for my gpu and still the same issue....
  8. Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error

Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error: Hey! For around a week ago, I started to have blue screens every now and then. Usually happens 2-3 times a day and it can happen at any time. Error code is VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. What I've done so far is to update my video card drivers. Have not noticed any...
  9. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD when gaming

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD when gaming: I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 a week or two ago, and ever since I have been unable to play games for more than an hour without BSOD'ing. Usually I get a VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR, but once or twice it has instead been a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (atikmpag.sys). This happens...
  10. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD on new computer with older GPU.

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD on new computer with older GPU.: Hello, After a miserable experience with a pre-built computer having a plethora of BSOD's and freezes that could not be diagnosed, I built a new computer about a week ago. Everything in it is brand new and checked for compatibility except the Graphics Card which is being...