Windows 10: BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys while using bluestacks

Discus and support BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys while using bluestacks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using bluestacks when BSOD happened. Everything went blue and it said your pc has just run in to trouble we are collecting the error files then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ace1user, Oct 10, 2015.

1. ace1user Win User

BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys while using bluestacks

I was using bluestacks when BSOD happened.
    Everything went blue and it said your pc has just run in to trouble we are collecting the error files then you can restart. If you need help with this error search this Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys
    not exactly what said *Smile but yeah Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys

Also I recently got this crash
    Attachment 42271

My Graphic driver is up to date. I tried uninstalling it then installing it back again but still happens.
    Attachment 42272

:)

ace1user, Oct 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 Video Scheduler Internal Error BSOD

I have a Surface Pro 3, had this issue as well as a Video_TDR_Failure (IGDKMD64.SYS) BSOD.

ChrBrown30, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Zulous Win User
    Hard drive not working properly on Windows 10

These are the results from chkdsk: http://i.imgur.com/J2CFfqV.png

I also get a notification when the game crashes the "Intel graphics drivers have failed" and I also had "application is blocked from accessing graphic drivers" is there a fix for that too?

Edit: BSOD: video_tdr_failure igdkmd64.sys

Zulous, Oct 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi ace1user,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please move some files from the D partition to increase the free space to at least 10-15%.
    Every partition needs at least 10-15% free space so Windows can do its thing in the background.

BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys while using bluestacks [​IMG]
    Warning Less free space could cause BSOD's

The error 0x116(VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE) is related to the GPU.
    Please uninstall everything of Intel using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your manufacturer.

5. ace1user Win User
    The error 0x116(VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE) is related to the GPU.
    Please uninstall everything of Intel using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your manufacturer. D partition is the recovery drive that came with the hp p157sa notebook/laptop and I never touched it is used for system wipe, factory reset etc... and C is my main drive and has way than 15 % of space. Also hp manufacturer display driver isn't compatible for some reason. Also when I uninstalled driver from device manage before posting this thread the driver comes back after reboot

ace1user, Oct 11, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Alright, then it is fine.

Please use DDU and install the drivers from your manufacturer in case of corruption.

That is normal behaviour, Windows automatically installs drivers when you have removed then and not installed a new driver.

7. ace1user Win User
    Errrm.... I have done that before still no luck
    Also when I do that I get more BSOD'S and driver crashes

ace1user, Oct 27, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Yep, something you can say after 2-3 weeks *Tongue

How is it going meanwhile?
    Experienced any BSOD?

9. ace1user Win User
    Sorry I completley forgot *Smile
    No BSOD but i do get the driver crashes

ace1user, Oct 27, 2015
  10. ace1user Win User
    Also something in the driver crash error shows Windows 8.1(r) im on 10

ace1user, Oct 27, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
  12. ace1user Win User
    I found this software WhoCrashed and it identifies the causes of the BSOD'S here is mine:

System Information (local)
    Computer name: HP-HOME
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10240
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC , Hewlett-Packard, 227E
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4288U CPU @ 2.60GHz Intel586, level: 6
    4 logical processors, active mask: 15
    RAM: 8516689920 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 15/10/2015 16:56:57 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101515-22875-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x3C3D)
    Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x1, 0x11386E, 0x11386F, 0xFFFFE0014A6E23B0)
    Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Watchdog Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 15/10/2015 16:56:57 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog!WdLogEvent5_WdCriticalError+0xCD)
    Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x1, 0x11386E, 0x11386F, 0xFFFFE0014A6E23B0)
    Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Watchdog Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 11/10/2015 15:58:18 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101115-21125-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: igdkmd64.sys (igdkmd64+0x16560)
    Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFE000691204C0, 0xFFFFF80023926560, 0x0, 0xD)
    Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys
    product: Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R)
    company: Intel Corporation
    description: Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation).
    Google query: Intel Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Conclusion
    3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

ace1user, Oct 28, 2015
  13. ace1user Win User

Please can you look in to this. Thank you

ace1user, Oct 28, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please be patience, we are only volunteers offering our free time to help others.

Please uninstall everything of Intel using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your manufacturer.

15. ace1user Win User
    I have run this step and I got BSOD BAD BOOL HEADER AND NONPAGED ... I manged to fix it because i created a restore point before doing it I did it again this time it worked but when getting the drivers it is not on the HP website it is only from INTEL WEBSITE OR WINDOWS UPDATE which should I download it from before I did this and tried both of them individualy still both of them cause BSOD' and driver crashes here is the hp driver list it shows 3 intel hd drivers and NVIDIA but they arent compatible with my Laptop. So shall I download the Windows Update one or intel download centre one?

My manufacturers page list of drivers : HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

ace1user, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys while using bluestacks - Similar Threads - BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64

2. HDMI Display causes BSOD, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI Display causes BSOD, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys: Hello,For some reason, wherever I plug in an external monitor to my Inspiron 5570 Win64 running Windows 11, the laptop display flashes on and off several times before displaying the BSOD screen. On it was "Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" and "What failed: igdkmd64.sys". After...
  3. HDMI Display causes BSOD, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI Display causes BSOD, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys: Hello,For some reason, wherever I plug in an external monitor to my Inspiron 5570 Win64 running Windows 11, the laptop display flashes on and off several times before displaying the BSOD screen. On it was "Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" and "What failed: igdkmd64.sys". After...
  4. BSOD - Video_Tdr_Failure : igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - Video_Tdr_Failure : igdkmd64.sys: Hi! I have been facing this "Video TDR Failure" in windows 10 on my MI Notebook 14 Horizon Edition.When I install the latest intel graphic driver switching from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. It shows a yellow exclamation mark and in the properties, it shows "Windows has...
  5. HDMI Display causes BSOD, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

HDMI Display causes BSOD, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys: Hello, First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this. The HDD on my Dell Inspiron 5570 Win64 failed recently, so I replaced it with an SSD and reinstalled Windows 10. Everything has been working fine until I tried to connect my laptop to the HDMI port on my TV...
  6. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys: While launching a game, it freezes up (And a second of the audio loops), then an another second loops, then it gives me this squished blue screen, the error it gives me is "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys" This PC was bought from a pawn shop nearby me, for about ~200 US...
  7. VIDEO TDR FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VIDEO TDR FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I have the minidumps uploaded already they happened today https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvFsnLdTcUreg9cbpExrguEYwaeqyg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/video-tdr-failure-igdkmd64sys/7a765ab1-0ace-4b25-bac4-976c8b789d52
  8. BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I've been getting BSODs regularly while gaming since I upgraded to Windows 10. The error is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). I'm using Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics chipset and I've already updated the drivers to the latest from the Intel site. Searching around the...
  9. BSODs and hangs to do with igdkmd64.sys

BSODs and hangs to do with igdkmd64.sys: Hi, I've recently been struggling with hangs on my laptop. Using driver verifier as a guide, I disabled Intel Smart Connect (uninstalled and blocked updates) and uninstalled Realtek High Definition Audio (downgraded to the default Microsoft driver). I have also rolled back...
  10. BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): Hi there. I have a BSOD screen when I play a game 20-30 minutes . The error is : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). Before installing W10 i could play games as Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, Minecraft and League of Legends at their full power without interrupting. And...