Windows 10: BSOD (VIDEO_TDR_Failure) when plugging in a pocket projector via VGA

Discus and support BSOD (VIDEO_TDR_Failure) when plugging in a pocket projector via VGA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there, I just found an old Pocket Projector (3M Micro Professional Projector MPro110) and wanted to connect it via VGA cable to my Laptop (it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OpenSource, Mar 7, 2019.

1. BSOD (VIDEO_TDR_Failure) when plugging in a pocket projector via VGA

Hey there,

I just found an old Pocket Projector (3M Micro Professional Projector MPro110) and wanted to connect it via VGA cable to my Laptop (it is a VGA cable with some kind of Micro-VGA plug on the side that gets plugged into the Beamer)

Unfortunately, I always get a BSOD when I plug in the Projector (it doesn't matter whether it is turned on or off)

(VIDEO_TDR_Failure ; file: Igdkmd64.sys)

I already tried Updating all my GPU drivers (AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series, Driver: 25.20.15025.1002; Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Driver: 20.19.15.5058) but had no success.

I checked if my VGA output is working as well, since I connected a normal screen using a normal VGA cable to the Laptop.

As a last resort I tried using a HDMI-VGA Adapter to connect the Projector via HDMI, unfortunately then the Projector showes a big question mark on its Bluescreen. The only positive thing is, that I don't get a BSOD when I connect it via HDMI.

I certainly know that the Projector is about 10 years old, but it works perfectly on my other Laptop which is running on Windows 7. So maybe there is a problem with the compartibility of the Projector and Windows 10? And if so, how can I fix it?

I hope one of you can help me, I've been working on this problem the last three days now, but couldn't find any soultion that would work for me. *Sad If you nedd any further information just let me know (you'll find the ZIP-file in the attachment) *Wink

Thanks a lot! *Wink

:)

OpenSource, Mar 7, 2019

2. Black screen connecting projector through HDMI to VGA converter

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of the projector?

• Did you contact the projector manufacturer, as projector is only equipped with a VGA input?

• Have you follow the steps and suggestions provided previously?

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows in the future.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    VGA projector connection

Hello Gilbert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to gather some information first:

• Where you able to use the VGA projector before?
    • Where there any recent changes made on your computer?
    • Have you tried using a different VGA cable?
    • Are you able to use the VGA projector with other Computer?

Please write back so that we can assist you further.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naresh_K, Mar 7, 2019
  4. BSOD (VIDEO_TDR_Failure) when plugging in a pocket projector via VGA

Windows 10 settings for two vga projectors

If it is just a
    VGA Splitter
    and nothing else: there is no setting in the computer itself that would affect this.

• Cable could be bad going to one of the projectors.

(Not eliminated.)
    • Splitter could be bad and not amplifying the signal properly.

(You said you tried a different splitter - so that's out.)
    • Since you tried multiple devices and only the 'smaller' one worked... Run a temp cable from the splitter to a larger projector: work?

Shenan Stanley, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

BSOD (VIDEO_TDR_Failure) when plugging in a pocket projector via VGA

1. BSOD (VIDEO_TDR_Failure) when plugging in a pocket projector via VGA - Similar Threads - BSOD VIDEO_TDR_Failure plugging

2. BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE: Good evening,I am having trouble with my system:Old 12900KS died a few months ago, so I replaced it with a 13600K just the other day. Now I keep getting BSODs VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when I play a game and watch a video simultaneously one display for each application. I can easily...
  3. BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE: Good evening,I am having trouble with my system:Old 12900KS died a few months ago, so I replaced it with a 13600K just the other day. Now I keep getting BSODs VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when I play a game and watch a video simultaneously one display for each application. I can easily...
  4. Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 laptop with a HDMI port. When I try to connect an Epson projector e.g. EB-X9 with VGA input with a HDMI-VGA adaptor, the projector screen says "Not supported" and my laptop display goes on and off with an alarm sound. I have already tried changing...
  5. Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 laptop with a HDMI port. When I try to connect an Epson projector e.g. EB-X9 with VGA input with a HDMI-VGA adaptor, the projector screen says "Not supported" and my laptop display goes on and off with an alarm sound. I have already tried changing...
  6. BSOD when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when plugged in: Dear Sir/Ma'am,I am looking forward for your help.I am using a Laptop - DELL Inspiron 3584Processor - IntelR CoreTM i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHzWindows 10 Home Single Language 22H2I am facing a Blue Screen of Death, after I put my laptop for charging.I face the issue after...
  7. BSOD Video_TDR_Failure

BSOD Video_TDR_Failure: I'm getting BSOD regularly with many games. Usually when i alt+tab and open them again. Or my screen blinks and crashes whatever game i was playing, or it simply BSOD. The only pattern i found is that is minimizing/maximazing related (at least i think so, it always happen...
  8. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE when turning monitor on: I have dual monitors, one is VGA, one is HDMI, today when I turned the HDMI monitor on, my second monitor started flickering and it resulted in a BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. I am unsure why this is because it only happened on one other occasion, being a month ago. I did...
  9. Surface Pro 3 VGA/HDMI output to projector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 VGA/HDMI output to projector: I just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 OS. There are issues with the compatibility and I’m suspecting the driver built in Windows 10. Does anyone having the same issue with me. Thank you! 18703
  10. Continuous VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE BSOD loop

Continuous VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE BSOD loop: Hello everyone! I am having an issue when freshly installing Windows 10 on a new PC. I booted from an USB disk and installed the OS and everything went alright in the beginning. The trouble came when I got to windows. I prompted the auto-update to start and after a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvlddmkm.sys blue screen when connect projector

2. when plugging in my projector in video card windows closes