Windows 10: Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome

Discus and support Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A couple of times i have had a bsod while watching streamed video on firefox/chrome. I'm using a lenovo Ideacentre Q190 8gb ram Intel Core i3-3217U... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rib, Aug 8, 2016.

1. RIB
    rib Win User

Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome

A couple of times i have had a bsod while watching streamed video on firefox/chrome.
    I'm using a lenovo Ideacentre Q190
    8gb ram
    Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1.8 GHz
    64bit windows 10 home

:)

2. Can't see videos on Facebook since my upgrade to Windows 10

the issue of not being able to view videos on any of the common browsers after an upgrade to windows 10, seems to be related to the OS and not the browsers.

edge, chrome, Firefox all present the same issue.

TimSmith111, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10. However, Microsoft Edge does not let me view any videos from websites.

Doesn't matter the website, nothing loads correctly. All I get is a green screen wherever the video is suppose to be.

I've used Firefox and Chrome without problems.

How do I fix Microsoft Edge?

TracyAddison, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The latest dump indicates memory_corruption.

It also sho3s a problem with ehdrv.sys which belongs to ESET Smart Security:
    Code: ffffbc00`6b909258 fffff80c`95b8e54fUnable to load image ehdrv.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ehdrv.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ehdrv.sys ehdrv+0x1e54f[/quote] Please uninstall ESET and run with the built-in Windows Defender and Windows Firewall (make sure both are enabled) for awhile, see if that resolves the problem.

It would also be a good idea to test your PC memory because of the memory_corruption problem.
    ===================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+
    is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning
    MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note
    MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2016
  5. RIB
    rib Win User
    There seems to be a problem with the memory - so big thanks for the memtest help!!
    I'll mark it as solved when I tested it more thoroughly

6. Ztruker Win User
    That's actually good to hear. At least you have a probable cause.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome - Similar Threads - Bsod viewing video

2. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  3. BSOD when viewing netflix on firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when viewing netflix on firefox: Hey guys, I've been getting some BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA when I am on the netflix page (using firefox). I just had one a few minutes ago. I was watching something, paused it, came back after 15m, pressed play and got a BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. This has...
  4. BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome: Hello. Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 and since then I'm having a BSOD as soon as I open Firefox or Chrome. If I open edge it does open and I can browse find, however after a some random time I get the BSOD. I have tried all I can think of. I updated all the...
  5. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  6. Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge: This may not be a Windows 10 problem. I thought some of you might be able to help me get this problem solved. A few Youtube videos, some videos on contest sites I visit, and one on Woodsmith Shops. Most comments that I have gotten asking on another computer help site,...
  7. viewing local video files in chrome no longer works?

in Browsers and Email
    viewing local video files in chrome no longer works?: So I'm trying out the chromecast device to hopefully eliminate having to move my laptop across the room and connect it via hdmi every night to watch movies on my tv screen. In windows 7 I could just drag the file into a new chrome page and it would open the file which could...
  8. Pop out video for Firefox or Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Pop out video for Firefox or Chrome: Hi, Opera has really nice inbuilt pop out video feature. You can pop videos out on any website, you can resize them and they stay on top, so u can continue browsing or any other things & continue watching the video. I find it very useful, but I wanted to find similar...
  9. BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome

BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome: I recently made the switch to windows and I get BSOD very often while trying to full screen a video in Chrome. I tried reinstalling windows and I still get the error. I tried letting windows install the video drivers, it BSODs, i tried letting the lenovo update tool...
  10. BSOD while browsing Chrome and Firefox

BSOD while browsing Chrome and Firefox: Hello, Im facing BSOD many times while browsing internet using chrome, even i tried firefox both having same problem. My screen get artifacts block block all screen and freeze after 5 seconds. Gaming on computer more then hours no issue at all. im attaching some dump...