Windows 10: BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate

Discus and support BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have BSODs after waking my computer up. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8.1. Waking from hibernate generates Kernel_Security_Check_Failure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Renato Minucci, Feb 21, 2016.

1. BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate

Hello! I have BSODs after waking my computer up. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8.1. Waking from hibernate generates Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. Waking from sleep generates mostly IRQ NOT EQUAL. Could you please help? Thanks!

:)

Renato Minucci, Feb 21, 2016
  2. DaveCG Win User

Transition from sleep to hibernate fails

I have a problem with my laptop not hibernating from sleep following the creators edition update.

Before the update I had my machine set to sleep after 20 minutes and hibernate after 30 minutes

For my usage this worked perfectly, if I didn't wake the machine up from sleep then

I would probably not be back for some time so would hibernate to save power.

Following the creators update my laptop would sleep fine but when it wakes to hibernate it fails and

goes back to sleep. This repeats for ever until I wake the machine.

If I manually hibernate the laptop it works fine.

I have tracked the problem down to a wake timer being set for a backup to a server running Windows Home Server 2011.

This wake timer prevents hibernating from sleep even if the wake timer is set for many hours in the future.

If I disable the task that sets this wake timer the sleep then hibernate operation works as it used to but

of course the backup never runs.

If I change the power option for wake timers to important events only the laptop works as it used to but it does not wake up

to carry out the backup.

I have carried out a number of tests and have discovered that any wake timer that is timed within 24 hours of the

attempt to go from sleep to hibernate will cause the transition to fail.

Could someone please test this as I can't believe this is how Microsoft designed it!!

DaveCG, Feb 21, 2016
  3. nutnate Win User
    Schedule Windows 10 Update Time

Is there a way to set Windows 10 to not wake my computer from hibernation? Due to the nature of what I do with my computer, I have to leave it running for long periods of time without going to sleep, so I have disabled the auto sleep function, and when I
    stop using the computer to save power I put the computer to sleep or hibernate.

My issue is that when Windows Update determines that an update needs to be installed, it will wake my computer up from hibernate or sleep, and my computer won't go back to sleep until I get home, often 24 or more hours later. Can I schedule Windows Update
    to not wake my computer from hibernation, or wait to check until I wake it? I don't mind the updates, I just need my computer to stay in hibernation when I put it there.

nutnate, Feb 21, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate

5. Ok, thank you for the fast reply! Just followed your instructions and I will post after the next BSOD.

Renato Minucci, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate

1. BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate - Similar Threads - BSOD waking sleep

2. Windows 10 BSOD after wake from Sleep/Hibernate [DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 BSOD after wake from Sleep/Hibernate [DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE]: I have recently bought a new device Lenovo Legion 5 AMD Ryzen 7 Sr. No PF2332PR [Product Support Link] and since the beginning, I am facing a BSOD Issue, Whenever I put my device to sleep/hibernate and turn it back on then it shows a black screen for a few seconds and then...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD after wake from Sleep/Hibernate [DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD after wake from Sleep/Hibernate [DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE]: I have recently bought a new device Lenovo Legion 5 AMD Ryzen 7 Sr. No PF2332PR [Product Support Link] and since the beginning, I am facing a BSOD Issue, Whenever I put my device to sleep/hibernate and turn it back on then it shows a black screen for a few seconds and then...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD after wake from Sleep/Hibernate [DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...
  6. How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep: In Windows 10 version 1909, how do I prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep? I don't want my PC to wake from mouse and keyboard movements, but I am maybe okay for it to wake to install updates but if it does this, I'd like it to put itself back into...
  7. BSOD/Slow wake when waking from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD/Slow wake when waking from sleep/hibernation: So for the past few weeks I have been experiencing issues with waking up from either hibernation or sleep mode. Whenever I prompt the laptop to wake up (either WOL, using a usb device, power button) the display either hangs and takes a solid 2 minutes to display the log on...
  8. BSOD WDF_VIOLATION after wake from Sleep\Hibernation

BSOD WDF_VIOLATION after wake from Sleep\Hibernation: BSOD WDF_VIOLATION after wake from Sleep\Hibernation. The BSOD has happened reliably about 10 times. Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. 141742
  9. Wake from hibernation and random BSoDs

Wake from hibernation and random BSoDs: Hi, It happens very random and also everytime when I try wake PC from hibernation Thanks *Smile 30508
  10. Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation: Hello, My computer keeps waking when I put it to sleep and I can't determine the cause. How do I find out the reason it woke up, and how do I force it to ignore this event in future? I have a feeling it's one of my peripherals, but I can't be sure. Thank you! 45576