Windows 10: BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

Discus and support BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error.Here is the minidump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hicham_ab, May 28, 2023.

1. Hicham_ab Win User

BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error.Here is the minidump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AkVAEcxAYhPvjBA7xpyubjNG8dRH?e=J0IFMT

:)

Hicham_ab, May 28, 2023
  2. Eric F Win User

How to disable trackpad for HP Elitebook 840 G5

As the question states, I am simply trying to disable my touchpad on my HP laptop. So I think this is very specific for the HP Elitebook 840 G5 as I have tried the following generic methods to disable the trackpad:

1. Under mouse settings, using the Synaptics tab. This tab does not exist for me. (Reference https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03882926)
    2. Disabling the Synaptics driver. I thought this would work for sure too but I tried to disable all of the mouse drivers available under Mice and other pointing devices (Device Manager) and the trackpad still works.
    3. Using third party software. I tried "touchpad-blocker" and even when enabled, the touchpad still works.
    4. Double tapping the top left corner (how do i disable a touchpad on an hp elitebook 850 laptop? - HP Support Community - 5480918) This does nothing for mine.

I am open for other suggestions. I am really surprised that disabling the driver didn't work.

Eric F, May 28, 2023
  3. HP Elitebook 840 G3 external monitors on displayport connection blacks out every few minutes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues with the external display as it blacks out every few minutes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the cables are in working condition, as there might be chances for the cables to get damaged.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download the all the latest drivers including the chipset and motherboard from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue persists.
    If there is no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then download the latest drivers and try installing it in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version
    of Windows.

http://support.hp.com/ro-en/product/hp-elitebook-840-g3-notebook-pc/7815294/drivers

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 28, 2023
  4. BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

how to use sim card on my hp elitebook 840 g3

Many laptops that have cellular connection capability have that as an optional extra that is purchased when you get the laptop, it is not standard, while the SM slot will exist, if you did not pay extra for the 4G LTE chip, then that chip will not be on the motherboard.

See the detail provided in the Networking section on the HP website support for your laptop:

HP EliteBook 840 G3 Notebook PC Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Did the SIM connection on that laptop ever previously work?

Open Device Manager, then expand the Network Adapters section, is there a WWAN device listed in there?

If there is no WWAN device, then that 4G LTE chip may not exist on that laptop

If the SIM connection previously worked on your laptop, go to the support page for your laptop on the HP website to download and re-install the drivers for that network device.

DaveM121 (2), May 28, 2023
Thema:

BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

1. BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC - Similar Threads - BSOD Watchdog sys

2. HP 840 G8 randomlly BSODing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 840 G8 randomlly BSODing.: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.755 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: srv* Executable search path is: Windows 10 Kernel Version 19041 MP 8...
  3. BlueScreen Shut down unexpectedly HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueScreen Shut down unexpectedly HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC: I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error.Here is the minidump file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-shut-down-unexpectedly-hp-elitebook-840/bb2e792f-5416-41c4-b028-e468b0f4a354
  4. BlueScreen Shut down unexpectedly HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

BlueScreen Shut down unexpectedly HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC: I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error.Here is the minidump file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-shut-down-unexpectedly-hp-elitebook-840/bb2e792f-5416-41c4-b028-e468b0f4a354
  5. BlueScreen Shut down unexpectedly HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BlueScreen Shut down unexpectedly HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueScreen Shut down unexpectedly HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC: I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error. Here is the minidump fileProblem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 3b Parameter 1: c0000005 Parameter 2: fffff804aa879fb0 Parameter 3: ffffd40da0f8de20 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_19045...
  7. BlueScreen Shut down unexpectedly HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

BlueScreen Shut down unexpectedly HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC: I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error. Here is the minidump fileProblem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 3b Parameter 1: c0000005 Parameter 2: fffff804aa879fb0 Parameter 3: ffffd40da0f8de20 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_19045...
  8. BlueScreen Shut down unexpectedly HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC: I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error.Here is the minidump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AkVAEcxAYhPvjBA7xpyubjNG8dRH?e=J0IFMT...
  10. BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC: I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error.Here is the minidump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AkVAEcxAYhPvjBA7xpyubjNG8dRH?e=J0IFMT...