Windows 10: BSOD Watchdog timeout error

Discus and support BSOD Watchdog timeout error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built my PC about 3 years ago, about 3 months ago it started occasionally blue screening and has become much worse. I use my computer primarily for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JakeVernon, Sep 27, 2018.

1. BSOD Watchdog timeout error

I built my PC about 3 years ago, about 3 months ago it started occasionally blue screening and has become much worse. I use my computer primarily for gaming and it seems to blue screen when under heavy load during intense games. I was running windows 7, tried updating windows to see if that would help but after updating windows and restarting, windows refused to boot not even in safe mode. I wiped all my hard drives afterwards and upgraded to windows 10. Since the upgrade to windows 10 it still blue screens under the same scenarios, leading me to think its a hardware problem. When running windows 7 the error was "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor", but now on windows 10 it is WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_ERROR.

My Specs-

i7-4790k

Nvidia GTX 1070

16GB DDR4 RAM

Gigabyte Z97 Motherboard

250GB SSD

1TB HDD

2TB HDD

Minidump - https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1xwbt63pfi7z0s/092718-4625-01.dmp?dl=0

MSINFO32 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/knffqtxv10ykd4o/MSINFO32%209272018.nfo?dl=0

:)

JakeVernon, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 27, 2018
  3. BSOD clock watchdog timeout

While we look into those files, can you confirm if you have made any specific changes on your computer that may have triggered the issue? Also, have you tried to follow the steps provided in the link above? You may also refer to the post of ZigZag3143 from
    this
    thread
    and follow the steps provided there.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 27, 2018
  4. BSOD Watchdog timeout error

I received BSOD saying CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

Hello, recently my system was hard freezing and not restarting by itself so I had to do it manually, but today I received a BSOD saying CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT, after researching a bit on the forums I did the suggested driver verification thing. After that
    I had a BSOD saying DRIVER VERIFIED DETECTED VIOLATION. I'm posting the link for the dump file, thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/12eo34cmx8jf8gl/072117-4000-01.dmp?dl=0

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

BurakTemel, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Watchdog timeout error

1. BSOD Watchdog timeout error - Similar Threads - BSOD Watchdog timeout

2. BSOD CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT: Hello all!Something went wrong when installing a new AMD processor driver that turned out to be incompatible with my CPU. I managed to uninstall it through a repair USB. Afterwards, I converted my SSD from MBR to GPT with mbr2gpt. Now I'm getting regular BSODs "CLOCK WATCHDOG...
  3. BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout: Got a BSOD with the error code "Clock Watchdog Timeout" while playing Valheim. Here is the DMP file:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmBtipVBx2pVgR96kqZbOLiMxrp9?e=2ocuOiLog:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎6/‎14/‎2023 4:08 PMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event...
  4. BSOD - Watchdog Timeout Error - Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Watchdog Timeout Error - Lenovo ThinkPad: Hi, I keep getting this blue screen of death Watchdog Timeout Error after waking my laptop up.After following instructions in several forums, I still get this on my laptop. Here are the details:Lenovo 20KHS0J500 X1 Carbon 6th generationMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro N 22H2BIOS:...
  5. BSOD - Watchdog Timeout Error - Lenovo ThinkPad

BSOD - Watchdog Timeout Error - Lenovo ThinkPad: Hi, I keep getting this blue screen of death Watchdog Timeout Error after waking my laptop up.After following instructions in several forums, I still get this on my laptop. Here are the details:Lenovo 20KHS0J500 X1 Carbon 6th generationMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro N 22H2BIOS:...
  6. BSOD - Watchdog Timeout Error - Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT BSOD ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT BSOD ERROR: Ive been getting random bsod of Machine run exemption and clock watchdog timoeout frequently only while playing a game while using Nvidia Graphics card, The faulty driver always is Ntoskrnl.exe, Using laptop without gaming is ok, Even i tried playing hitman 3 using integrated...
  8. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT BSOD ERROR

CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT BSOD ERROR: Ive been getting random bsod of Machine run exemption and clock watchdog timoeout frequently only while playing a game while using Nvidia Graphics card, The faulty driver always is Ntoskrnl.exe, Using laptop without gaming is ok, Even i tried playing hitman 3 using integrated...
  9. BSOD error "win32k power watchdog timeout"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error "win32k power watchdog timeout": Hi everyone, My laptop goes to a black screen with just a cursor showing. Every time I open my laptop screen after it's been asleep for a few hours, eventually the cursor goes away and then the blue screen comes up and reboots. I've updated all drivers and reinstalled...
  10. BSOD - Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Clock Watchdog Timeout: Hello, hope you are all well! The past few days I've been getting the BSOD with Stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT about 2-3 times a day. I have tried a few fixes - including turning overclock down and then off, re seating RAM, rolling back windows update but nothing has...