Windows 10: BSOD (Watchdog Violation) when watching youtube videos

Discus and support BSOD (Watchdog Violation) when watching youtube videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my young daughers notebook (HP Stream 13 SSD) has begun crashing randomly with BSOD when she is watching youtube videos. It only happens on youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by boyzboy, Jul 22, 2017.

1. boyzboy Win User

BSOD (Watchdog Violation) when watching youtube videos

Hi, my young daughers notebook (HP Stream 13 SSD) has begun crashing randomly with BSOD when she is watching youtube videos. It only happens on youtube / video streaming, all other uses (word, general internet usage etc..) are fine. Have ran malwarebytes on it and no malware. It is also updated to latest version of windows 10 and security updates. Nothing showing on windows defender scan either. have tried changing resolution down on youtube also but is still occasionly BSODing.

Wonder if any of you lovely people have any ideas? I have attached the zip dump files also..

Thanks so much BSOD (Watchdog Violation) when watching youtube videos :)

:)

boyzboy, Jul 22, 2017
  2. MF_353 Win User

DPC Watchdog Violation

So it's been a few days since I last had a BSOD but today when I was watching a YouTube video I got the DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen again.

Minidump link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhSD5wnAru9NtG4P19BWSErEKtXK

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

MF_353, Jul 22, 2017
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation while watching youtube videos

So I was watching a youtube video on Chrome when I encountered a BSOD that listed the DPC Watchdog violation as the cause. I have no idea how to fix it. I have the dump file attached below. Thank you.

Link: Dropbox - 081217-28656-01.dmp

StellaLee20, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Abaculus Win User

Code: 0: kd> lmvm rtwlane Browse full module list start end module name fffff807`48600000 fffff807`48ca8000 rtwlane T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rtwlane.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys Image name: rtwlane.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Wed May 03 06:44:59 2017 (59096E5B) CheckSum: 00683BEE ImageSize: 006A8000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Have you attempted to update the driver? Please note that the latest driver updates can be found here - Realtek

This appears to be the same issue as the this thread - DPC watchdog violation - Windows 10 Forums

I suspect that there may be a bug with the driver used by HP.

Have you also tried booting into Safe Mode with Networking, and checking if the issue occurs there?

Abaculus, Jul 22, 2017
  5. boyzboy Win User
    Hi. I tried to update from realtek site but says not compatible! I did update from device manager though and it installed a newer version. Hopefully it makes a difference. Thanks a lot for the advice.

boyzboy, Jul 22, 2017
  6. Abaculus Win User
    If there are any other issues, then please let us know!

Abaculus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD (Watchdog Violation) when watching youtube videos - Similar Threads - BSOD Watchdog Violation

2. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos: Hello, I've been getting DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube. It has happened twice now last week. Before the BSOD my laptop will freeze with a loud buzzing noise. Last month I also experienced BSODs but with a different error code. Last month's code was Kernel...
  3. BSOD when I was watching a YouTube video DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

BSOD when I was watching a YouTube video DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: I faced the BSOD several each time watch video on youtube or vimeo. Basically online videos. Then I updated my nvidia driver and it resolved for few hours maybe. Then again this s happening. I tried to go to device manager and update drivers IDE ATA/ATAPI controller, Tried...
  4. BSOD when watching Youtube(videos) Stopcode is Watchdog Violation

BSOD when watching Youtube(videos) Stopcode is Watchdog Violation: Hi, I've been having BSODs for about a week now and it only happens when I'm watching videos on youtube (also happens when it is playing in the background), I've looked around for solutions but to no avail, I've recently tried a full reset which seemed to work momentarily but...
  5. BSOD Watchdog Violation everytime I try to to watch a video on youtube

BSOD Watchdog Violation everytime I try to to watch a video on youtube: Recently I have been having many BSOD DPC Watchdog Violations while watching youtube. It doesn't seem to happen while playing a game like Rome Total War though occasionally it stutters a bit. I noticed that this only started happening recently and I think it is due to an...
  6. BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation: For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD while watching youtube videos. I've been updating some drivers to try and fix the problem but it's not working. As far as I know, there hasn't been a recent windows 10 update that caused this, it just started happening. 87995
  7. BSOD when watching videos on chrome, WATCHDOG VIOLATION

BSOD when watching videos on chrome, WATCHDOG VIOLATION: hi, whenever i watch videos on chrome, like YouTube and such, my computer freezes, and sometimes gets BSOD. it happend so many times, please help! 93963
  8. BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation: In the couple past of days after Windows 10 updated by itself, my computer has been crashing every hour while I'm attempting to watch some youtube videos. This is getting out of hand and I have no idea what to do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 67073
  9. BSOD while watching videos on Youtube, error Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching videos on Youtube, error Watchdog Violation: Every time while I watch Youtube videos suddenly my screen freezes and then restarts again. Im so tired of this.. I saw a thread of the same problem and people sent him a link from ASUS website to replace his driver. I also saw he posted a dump file but personally I dont...
  10. BSOD watching videos on youtube, error Watchdog Violation.

BSOD watching videos on youtube, error Watchdog Violation.: Every time I watch a video this happens... I'm so tired I have been trying to fix it for 10 hours... I uploaded the dmp files that I found in the minidumps mappa. Btw this problem doesn't occur when i watch Twitch.tv or play games. Also I have windows 10 I5 6300 HQ...