Windows 10: BSOD Watching Streaming

Discus and support BSOD Watching Streaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First off I'm on a fresh install of windows 10 x64 the latest Nov. build I was watching some streams on twitchtv just letting it play not doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MetalRainbow, Nov 18, 2015.

1. BSOD Watching Streaming

First off I'm on a fresh install of windows 10 x64 the latest Nov. build
    I was watching some streams on twitchtv just letting it play not doing anything else on the Pc after two hours of that the bsod occurred saying system_service_exception.
    Bluescreenviewer stated a bug check code of 0x0000003b (video?). And highlighted the NTFS.sys+11b88 and ntoskrnl.exe+14cfe9 as the cause? I'm not that tech savvy to understand what it means..I went and ran a disk check that passed same with sfc/scannow no problems found. So any help would be appreciated.

Attachment 49189

:)

MetalRainbow, Nov 18, 2015

2. Windows 10 stuttering.

And today, for no reason at all, while watching a twitch stream i had a bsod. On a 4 day old installation that was made fresh btw.

nicolaj1982, Nov 18, 2015
  3. BSOD and connecting/disconnecting sounds without reasson on Microsof Surface Pro 4

Got a few times a BSOD, decided to lock the screen on the next BSOD by preventing the system from automatically restarting - but since then no BSOD yet occurred - .

While we today where watching an online streaming TV program (with Internet Explorer) we heard the system sounds like an appliance was disconnected and again connected but we did not do anything ourselves. After that the stream was stuttering.

Anyone an idea of what is wrong? The Surface is about 9 months old and I just started to use it recently. It is the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 256Gb SSD / 8Gb / i5.

Richard

Richvanleeuwen, Nov 18, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD Watching Streaming

Hi MetalRainbow,

Please uninstall Avast and use Windows Defender as alternative.
    Avast - Uninstall Completely - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys[/quote] To clear this up
    NTFS.sys is a driver for the file system a.k.a. hard drive, if this driver is causing problems in most cases it means the hard drive is giving problems or something related to the hard drive.
    Ntoskrnl.exe is a driver used in the boot process, this driver is extreme rarely the cause as it is usually only flagged because it is the last active. If ntoskrnl.exe is truly the cause you would experience a lot more problems.

The 0x3B means an exception has occured. Normally, a driver stores data in the memory for later use. When a driver is trying to access the data it appears this data is corrupted. The driver cannot use this data because it didn't expect it, the system has noticed it and called a bugcheck (bluescreen) to prevent data loss. The driver cannot use the data, because what would have happened could cause many problems, but the driver would still have used it.
    Note: it could mean the memory is the cause or the 1st driver has stored the data in the wrong memory address.

This is the case I see a lot, but it is usually with a driver and memory, not with the file system.

Let me know how it goes *Smile

Thema:

BSOD Watching Streaming

1. BSOD Watching Streaming - Similar Threads - BSOD Watching Streaming

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when watching a shared stream on Discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when watching a shared stream on Discord: Recently, every time I opened my friend's shared stream on Discord desktop app link to app after about 5-10 minutes of watching my computer will freeze up and then eventually crash with blue screen showing error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".Below is a .zip file with my three...
  3. PC freezes when watching streaming shows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC freezes when watching streaming shows.: I have a Gaming PC with 12GB RAM, i7- AMD R9 GPU so i have plenty of power, I added SPEED FAN to check my CPU heat and it is at 102C. This keeps happening while I am watching a show on Peacock or You Tube. I have to hard shut down and restart. Are there any known issues...
  4. BSOD mainly while streaming and watching Twitch..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD mainly while streaming and watching Twitch..: I recently have been trying to stream on twitch, and it works for like 30 minutes-1 hour then my computer crashes.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, really want to start streaming seriously and on a schedule but can't due to this unfortunate issue that frequently...
  5. bsod irql_not_less_or_equal during watching online tv or stream

bsod irql_not_less_or_equal during watching online tv or stream: Hi, after upgrade from 8.1 to 10 im have at least 3 or 4 times per days bsod irql_not_less_or_equal during watching online tv or stream or sometime when saving files in Adobe Program´s. It just happens when i connected to NetWork. Im think problems in Wlan Driver but dont not...
  6. BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video

BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video: I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and everything has been really smooth, except recently I've started getting increasingly frequent BSOD crashes. It usually gives me the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but sometimes I get other ones. It was fairly infrequent, but last night it...
  7. BSOD while watching streams

BSOD while watching streams: Greetings, So recently, I've noticed some minor freezes while watching streams, it only happens once, then it stops. Unfortunately, today, my computer completely froze and I got a BSOD error, with the following message: "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" So I went...
  8. Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online

Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online: Hello, A few times a week, BSODs occur while I'm watching online videos or streams. The BSODs are always related to ntoskrnl.exe or other system files (I checked with WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView). I have to mention that I keep all drivers updated (apart from an AHCI...
  9. BSOD watching online stream

BSOD watching online stream: Hi I have a BSOD watching an online stream, I don't know if it's related but games that my computer should handle fine have been lagging whilst some more demanding games run perfectly. 28349
  10. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...