Windows 10: BSOD watching video

Discus and support BSOD watching video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; @axe0, what did you look at to determine this: Your memory is running higher than your CPU supports, your motherboard also sees it as overclocking Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by samhfoley, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Ztruker Win User

BSOD watching video

@axe0, what did you look at to determine this:

Your memory is running higher than your CPU supports, your motherboard also sees it as overclocking

Ztruker, Sep 15, 2016
  2. axe0 New Member

At first in the dump, it shows 3000. 3000 is a frequency I've never seen being supported as no overclock. Checking the motherboard specs shows that 3000+ is supported when overclocking, or at least the motherboard sees it as overclocking. The CPU specs show
    Code: Memory Types DDR4-1866/2133, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V [/quote]

3. samhfoley Win User
    [/quote] I ran a mem stress test on it and it didn't crash before, but maybe that's it....so far no BSOD without the mem overclock and removal of asio.sys.

Fingers crossed...

samhfoley, Sep 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD watching video

A memory test may show no problems, but as long as overclock is present it could still be a memory issue.

5. Ztruker Win User
    Thanks for the pointer. So since the memory is DDR4 it should be in the 1866 to 2133 range then?

Ztruker, Sep 16, 2016
  6. samhfoley Win User
    uuuugh. Another BSOD this afternoon.

samhfoley, Sep 16, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    It depends on what the RAM supports, the motherboard supports and the cpu supports.
    In most situations it would be 1333, 1600 1866, or 2133.

8. samhfoley Win User

BSOD watching video

another BSOD this morning

samhfoley, Sep 17, 2016
  9. samhfoley Win User
    and again. This has actually gotten worse since I changed the memory settings....

samhfoley, Sep 17, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    I noticed you have Bit Defender Av installed. I also notice an old Bit Defender driver hanging around:

Code: 7/2/2012 10:14:27 PM C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bdelam.sys[/quote] Don't know if it's still being used or not but I do know Bit Defender is known to cause problems with Windows 10 at times. As a test, please uninstall Bit Defender and use the built-in Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for awhile, see if that makes any difference. IF uninstalling fixes the BSODs then you can stay with Windows Defender and Firewall (this is what I use, along with Malwarebytes anti-exploit and anti-malware).

Ztruker, Sep 20, 2016
  11. samhfoley Win User
    Don't know if it's still being used or not but I do know Bit Defender is known to cause problems with Windows 10 at times. As a test, please uninstall Bit Defender and use the built-in Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for awhile, see if that makes any difference. IF uninstalling fixes the BSODs then you can stay with Windows Defender and Firewall (this is what I use, along with Malwarebytes anti-exploit and anti-malware).[/quote]
    That hasn't been an issue with the other 2 PCs I am running it on which also have Win 10 pro anniversary update installed. I'll uninstall it nonetheless and see if it gets any better.

samhfoley, Sep 20, 2016
  12. samhfoley Win User
    Bitdefender uninstalled...another BSOD this afternoon when I was away from the PC....

samhfoley, Sep 22, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

BSOD watching video

Nothing is changing, same errors: Bugcheck A and Bugcheck D1.

Other than setting ALL setting all overclocking to nominal and testing I'm out of ideas. I'll ask some of the other folk here to take a look and see if they have any ideas.

I know you ran memtest86+ fopr 11 passes wiothout error but that doesn't mean no memory problems. You could try removing 1/2 the ram (8GB) and run for awhile, see how that goes. If still fail, swap ram and test some more. Also check that memory timings are nominal as well.

Ztruker, Sep 24, 2016
  14. samhfoley Win User
    reset BIOS to defaults, running verifier on all non Microsoft drivers again...ok at BOOT, see if I get any more BSOD now....

samhfoley, Sep 24, 2016
  15. samhfoley Win User
    removed OC reset to normal, no more BSOD....

samhfoley, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

BSOD watching video

1. BSOD watching video - Similar Threads - BSOD watching video

2. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching videos on Edge: Since the beginning of August, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Critical Process Error Blue Screens of Death intermittently but they occur only when I am watching Netflix or YouTube on Microsoft Edge. I have 4 minidump files on this link:...
  3. BSOD when watching videos

BSOD when watching videos: hi when i want to watch video in Instagram such as browser or desktop app which downloaded from store causes BSOD and errors like kmode_exception_not_handled or irql_not_less_or_equal problem doesn't finish here it happens in groove music and movies and TV after a blue...
  4. BSOD after watching videos

BSOD after watching videos: I recently built my custom computer and every time I watch a video on Youtube or any other streaming channel the computer crashes and says that it will restart but it doesnt do and I have to manually restart it myself. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in...
  5. BSOD while watching online videos

BSOD while watching online videos: Many times when I watch online videos( youtube/netflix/others) my laptop freezes and after 10 seconds brings bsod with the error dpc_watchdog_violation. Any help ? 91321
  6. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: Hello. Had some BSOD while watching YouTube. And sometimes I go to sleep while watching videos and by the morning I notice the PC had reset. Cannot say if BSOD or an unexpected update, but most likely BSOD. Actually, my no-break's battery has run out of juice, so short...
  7. BSOD when gaming and watching videos

BSOD when gaming and watching videos: I get a blue screen many times per day with the text SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (NETIO.SYS) and a sad smiley. It happens when I watch Netflix and Youtube and also when I play games on Steam. *cry The Log collector is attached. - Lars 55223
  8. BSOD while watching a youtube video

BSOD while watching a youtube video: Hello. System specs: CPU: I5-4690k RAM: Kingston Fury 2x4GB MOBO: Z97-D3H GPU:R9 280x PowerColor PSU: NZXT Hale v2 Browser: Google Chrome OS: Windows 10 x64 I was watching a youtube video with ~10 tabs open and I received a BSOD saying that I have kdcom.dll missing...
  9. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  10. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...