Windows 10: BSOD whe I use Google Chrome

Discus and support BSOD whe I use Google Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting the BSOD when I'm using Google Chrome, which will suddenly stop responding and then my computer will crash. This happens even if I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by klauds, Jan 20, 2017.

1. klauds Win User

BSOD whe I use Google Chrome

I keep getting the BSOD when I'm using Google Chrome, which will suddenly stop responding and then my computer will crash. This happens even if I have only one or two tabs open. The stop code is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it says Netwtw04.sys is what failed. Thank you in advance! Attachment 117903

:)

klauds, Jan 20, 2017
  2. CarlZinn Win User

Google Chrome , BSOD and Windows 10

I have Windows 10 and use Chrome for my browser. Every time I open Chrome, for the first time of the day, Windows 10 would give me the BSOD, restart and then work fine. I turned off the Chrome extensions Google Docs, Sheets and Slides and things seem to
    running normally now. No more BSOD. Is there anything else I should fix if I want to use Chrome with Win 10?

CarlZinn, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Harry Fox Win User
    Frequent BSoD after installing Windows 10, using Google Chrome

Hi there,

ever since installing windows 10 in July/August time, I have been experiencing frequent BSoDs (16 to be exact.)

I have owned this computer (Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series, Nvidia Geforce 840M, intel core i5) since last Christmas and up until this July/August time have experienced 0 BSoDs,

Google chrome is my preferred browser and I have been using it since I bought this laptop. Mainly these BSoDs occur when using Google chrome and this is a huge inconvenience as I need to use Google chrome as my Google drive and gmail all connect to my work
    and this works best when they all work in synergy with chrome. I know I can use other browsers and I have been using internet explorer recently, experiencing no BSoDs, but I have reinstalled chrome many times and installed it last night to experience no blue
    screen of death, however today, I have experienced 2 BSoDs whilst using chrome.

I have updated both my Nvidia and Intel drivers and I still am experiencing this problem. I have noticed that all the BSoDs I have experienced have the exact same crash address; ntoskrnl.exe+14 something something etc.

I really want/need google chrome to work and I am stuck for ideas on why this isn't working. I really do not want to have to switch browser so please help me if you can.

Attached is a link to the google drive with the 16 BSoD minidump files I have experienced since August.

I have read also that this could be due to my antivirus software? I have MacAfee LiveSafe constantly running on a real time scan and I also have Malwarebytes (the free version) installed. Scans haven't found any virus or malware that could be the culprit
    of this.

Help will be appreciated so much,

Many thanks,

Harry.

Forgot to add the google drive link - BSoD Minidump copy – Google Drive

Harry Fox, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

File dxdiag.txt is missing from the zip you uploaded.

Dump from 1/20 indicates a problem with Netwtw04.sys.
    Code: BugCheck D1, {8, 2, 0, fffff80dc48ed878} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwtw04.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Netwtw04.sys Probably caused by : Netwtw04.sys ( Netwtw04+5d878 )[/quote] This belongs to Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 2/25/2016 10:26:53 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Netwtw04.sys

There is a 1/18/2017 update on the Intel site: Downloads for Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

Install that and see if it helps.

Ztruker, Jan 20, 2017
  5. Golden Win User
    Code: ******************************************************************************** * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck D1, {8, 2, 0, fffff80dc48ed878} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwtw04.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Netwtw04.sys Probably caused by : Netwtw04.sys ( Netwtw04+5d878 ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 0: kd> lmvm netwtw04 Browse full module list start end module name fffff80d`c4890000 fffff80d`c4f92000 Netwtw04 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Netwtw04.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Netwtw04.sys Image name: Netwtw04.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Fri Feb 26 05:26:53 2016 (56CF476D) CheckSum: 006D6BA0 ImageSize: 00702000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Code: Name [00000002] Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260[/quote] The problem seems to be with the Intel wireless adaptor. Check to see if there is an updated driver on the Intel site.

Golden, Jan 20, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That's what I said and I gave him a link to the updated driver.

Ztruker, Jan 20, 2017
  7. Golden Win User
    Calm down - we just happened to post at the same time.

Golden, Jan 21, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Yup, sorry. I thought I checked the time.

Ztruker, Jan 22, 2017
  9. Golden Win User
    No worries - he gets the same analysis so thats good *Smile

Golden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD whe I use Google Chrome - Similar Threads - BSOD whe Google

2. Facing BSOD intermittently when using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing BSOD intermittently when using Google Chrome: Over the last 2 weeks, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Blue Screens of Death intermittently and I cannot identify the cause. Sometimes, the BSOD happens after awakening from hibernation. Sometimes, I'll be using Chrome and then the laptop will disconnect from the Internet...
  3. Facing BSOD intermittently when using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing BSOD intermittently when using Google Chrome: Over the last 2 weeks, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Blue Screens of Death intermittently and I cannot identify the cause. Sometimes, the BSOD happens after awakening from hibernation. Sometimes, I'll be using Chrome and then the laptop will disconnect from the Internet...
  4. Facing BSOD intermittently when using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. cannot use google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot use google chrome: I get this error while using Google Chrome This site can’t be reachedlogin.live.com’s server IP address could not be found.Try:Checking the proxy, firewall and secure DNS configurationRunning Windows Network DiagnosticsDNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_SECURE_CONFIGTried all options,...
  6. Unable to use Google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use Google chrome: Im using Windows 10 and recently after the google experienced an outage issue on 14/12/20 , on the next day when i tried to surf in Chrome i was unable to access any web search and cant connect to YouTube gmail and many other websites. My internet connection is okay , i even...
  7. BSOD when using google Chrome and playing CS:GO

BSOD when using google Chrome and playing CS:GO: Hi, My desktop had problem with BSOD since when I built it. I have purchased two second hand parts which are CPU and motherboard. Rest of the parts I have purchased them from a shop. First, I started having problem with my PSU. My desktop would shutdown instantly and on...
  8. BSOD while using Google chrome

BSOD while using Google chrome: Hey guys! I just got random bsod while watching youtube, i got similiar bsod 4-5 month ago but bios update fixed me and now is start again.here the minidmp windbg result: 88249
  9. BSOD while using Google Chrome(?)

BSOD while using Google Chrome(?): Hello everyone, I hope You can help me with my problem regarding a new PC I bought. It got 2 BSODs in between a few days and it seems both happened while using Google Chrome, but I'm not really sure if that's the cause or something else. I did some hardware testing after the...
  10. BSOD while using google chrome.

BSOD while using google chrome.: I got 3 different types of BSOD for the past 4 months. 1. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE 3. ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY. During that time I think I was just browsing. Also, recently "Google Chrome" is hanging frequently and I got a new...