Windows 10: BSOD WHEA errors on brand new PC build i9-10900k Gigabyte Vision D - Help?

Discus and support BSOD WHEA errors on brand new PC build i9-10900k Gigabyte Vision D - Help? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I just recently completed my first PC build and I’m stuck: Within the first day of getting the system up and running I started getting constant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by whip-it-up, Jul 16, 2020.

1. BSOD WHEA errors on brand new PC build i9-10900k Gigabyte Vision D - Help?

Hi! I just recently completed my first PC build and I’m stuck: Within the first day of getting the system up and running I started getting constant blue screen errors WHEA Uncorrectable Error only and I've been trying to narrow down whether it’s a driver issue or hardware. I could use some help! After investigating a bit and many OS re-installs later, itlooks like the error occurs consistently a few seconds after the Intel UHD Display 630 driver installs or a few minutes after the Radeon RX5700 driver is installed.

Here's my build details:

I9-10900k
    Dark Rock Pro 4
    Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3200
    Samsung EVO Plus M.2 NVME 500GB boot/Windows
    Samsung EVO M.2 NVME 1TB
    Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB HDD
    Gigabyte RX 5700
    Win Home ver 1909 build 18363.959

Here’s the sequence of events:

• As I was first installing the OS, the motherboard drivers from DVD, the OS updates for version 1909 and a few applications, the system appeared to be stable and working well, for about a day.
    • However, it was not recognizing the HDD in the SATA port I was using so I removed the GPU to access the ports to swap the plug.
    • Upon replacing the GPU and powering back up, the system no longer recognized the GPU. First, I tried reinstalling the RX5700 drivers. This is where I got the first of many BSOD WHEA errors on restart, followed by repeating freezes on “Preparing automatic repairs” message on the mobo splash screen. The BSOD loop caused the system to no longer recognize drives including the boot drive, etc.
    • After many reinstalls of Windows and the troubleshooting steps below, it appears that the BSOD errors occur with a few seconds of the system installing the Intel UHD Display 630 driver. This driver is automatically reinstalled by the system even after I uninstall it. Using Microsoft Show/Hide Tool I am able to at least temporarily prevent it from being installed long enough to use the PC for a while and test things out, using the standard Microsoft Display Driver. Upon restarting the PC will always reinstall the Intel display driver, after which it will always freeze, turn off, or BSOD mostly commonly BSOD within a few seconds after seeing the driver. If I’m fast enough after a reboot when it actually does let me fully boot into Windows, I can uninstall the driver quickly from Device Manager and actually use the computer for troubleshooting.
    • I tested the whole process on a different M.2 drive using only the Radeon RX 5700 driver with the GPU installed I turned off the automatic application updates so -- I think -- it prevented Windows from reinstalling the Intel Display driver. That installation is stable for a few minutes at a time until either a WHEA BSOD, freeze or black screen occurs.

Things I’ve tried so far:

• Reinstalled Windows many times, booting from both M.2 drives, both with and without GPU installed
    • Installed all OS updates and updated drivers via Windows Update for 1909
    • Installed/reinstalled motherboard drivers from included DVD
    • Installed newest motherboard chipset drivers manually from Gigabyte website tried latest version and the one before that: Intel Management Engine, Intel Serial driver, Intel INF. When Intel Serial IO driver gets installed, I get an immediate BSOD.
    • Reset CMOS
    • Verified latest firmware for M.2 drives
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version, 5fd
    • Tested memory note: Win Memory Diagnostics Tool was frozen for 1.5 days on 59% and would not respond to keystrokes
    • Disabled Turbo Boost and C-States these are on by default
    • CPU temps appear to be normal
    • Ran chkdsk on boot drive
    • Ran sfc /scannow
    • Ran Intel Processor Diagnostic passed although it reported “Non-Intel GPU detected, No Open CL Support” even though no GPU was present. I suspect this was because I had uninstalled the Intel UHD 630 Display driver in order to avoid BSODs and am using Microsoft Basic Display Driver?
    • Tried operating with only each RAM stick, in different slots
    • Ran OCCT tests for 1 hr both with and without GPU present
    • Reseated hardware/plugs and disconnected everything but USB, power and case switches
    • Updated drivers this is where it crashes every time, installing Intel UHD Display 630. In troubleshooting this I’ve been occasionally restoring the system back to a restore point right before installing the “Intel - net” driver and the system seemed to be stable consistently prior to installing that driver no BSOD. But the driver causing issues appears to be part of the Intel Serial IO installation package as well, when updating manually from Gigabyte chipset drivers site.
    • Tried Reverting to previous UHD 630 driver and newest BETA driver says my OS is not supported
    • Tried memory at 3200Mhz vs stock

Minidump file example: drive.google.com/file/d/1-ccavpH8q2jWOtYX7khMcWNLk48s0olR/view?usp=sharing

Is there a workaround for this? Am I headed in the right direction? I'd appreciate any advice you can provide! Thank you!
    Dave

:)

whip-it-up, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Greenomt Win User

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

Apologize if this is the wrong area to post the following problem.

Link for the eventvwr file : Errors.zip

My new build was getting BSOD with various reasons but WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR is now the predominant/only BSOD I am getting.

i9 9900k

ASUS Z390 E MOBO

ASUS RTX 2080 TI OC

ASUS MONITOR

LOGITECH MOUSE/KEYBOARD

Stopped overclocking

I did a complete reinstall of Win10 Pro. Deleted ASUS GPU TWEAK and UEFI AEI SUITE 3.

System scan and health check showed no problems.

Still am getting BSOD WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR periodically and especially on Battlefield V, really unplayable at this point.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Green

Greenomt, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Brand new PC BSoD

We appreciate the additional information you provided. This article suggests that
    the 0x00000124 error indicates a fatal hardware error has occurred. We recommend following the steps in the article we previously provided to help resolve blue screen errors.

If the issue still persists, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your computer and request to run a hardware diagnostics to help determine what specific hardware possibly causes the issue.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jul 16, 2020
  4. BSOD WHEA errors on brand new PC build i9-10900k Gigabyte Vision D - Help?

Brand new PC BSoD

Hi,

Corrupted drivers and system files are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We'd like to get additional information to help resolve the issue. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• What is the stop error code showing on the screen whenever you experience BSoD? (e.g.: 0x0000000A, 0x0000003B, and 0x000000EF)
    • Did you installed any third-party applications on your new computer before the issue started?
    • Is there a specific action you're doing on the computer that triggers BSoD?
    In the meantime, we suggest performing the possible solutions in this
    article
    to help resolve blue screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

BSOD WHEA errors on brand new PC build i9-10900k Gigabyte Vision D - Help?

1. BSOD WHEA errors on brand new PC build i9-10900k Gigabyte Vision D - Help? - Similar Threads - BSOD WHEA errors

2. Brand New Build = BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New Build = BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi there! I'm hoping someone on here will direct on the right path on how to fix this problem of mine. About 2 weeks ago, I completed a new PC build MSI X570 Gaming Plus AMD Ryzen 5800X Noctua NH-U12s Redux Cooler G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16 DDR4 3200 Currently set to...
  3. Brand New Build = BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand New Build = BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi there! I'm hoping someone on here will direct on the right path on how to fix this problem of mine. About 2 weeks ago, I completed a new PC build MSI X570 Gaming Plus AMD Ryzen 5800X Noctua NH-U12s Redux Cooler G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16 DDR4 3200 Currently set to...
  4. Brand New Build = BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bsod on brand new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod on brand new build: Hi there Everybody i am experiencing alot of BSOD recently on my new build and i have basically read every single post on the internet and done everything there is to do without paying for some progam. My problem is i keep getting either "irql_not_less_or_equal" "Apc index...
  6. Bsod on brand new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod on brand new build: Hi there Everybody i am experiencing alot of BSOD recently on my new build and i have basically read every single post on the internet and done everything there is to do without paying for some progam. My problem is i keep getting either "irql_not_less_or_equal" "Apc index...
  7. Constant BSOD on brand new PC build

Constant BSOD on brand new PC build: I had a pc store build me a brand new PC a month ago that has the following specifications. Asus Tuf gaming b460M-Plus motherboard, i9-9900k processor, RTX 3060 12GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD running windows 10 pro 20H2 OS build 19042.928 with a 800W PSU. Since purchasing it, I...
  8. I9-10900k hyperthreading is disabled after shutdown

I9-10900k hyperthreading is disabled after shutdown: I have a dell optiplex with i9-10900k. Dell is a disappointment in terms of support but I keep wonder if it is the doing of windows. I find myself with hyperthreading disabled. I can reenable it by entering bios and apply the change but the change does not persist after a...
  9. Brand New Build, Tons of BSOD, Please Help!

Brand New Build, Tons of BSOD, Please Help!: Hi all, I just completed a new white box about two days ago, and I have been getting numerous BAD_POOL_HEADER BSODs. Some have been at load (gaming for instance), others have been while idle, surfing the internet, etc. Driver verifier wouldn't let me complete a Windows...
  10. Random BSOD on brand new Install and Build - Dump help?

Random BSOD on brand new Install and Build - Dump help?: Just completed this new PC build and installed windows 10 on it, got everything updated and seemingly ready to go, until BSOD....not sure what's wrong but I would love some help from someone a bit more skilled than myself...I just want to not have to worry about my work being...