Windows 10: BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

Discus and support BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been getting crashes/restarts on my pc since I did some upgrades. only seems to crash while playing games-1-2 times on 2019 cod and bsod on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dylantomes, Aug 25, 2021.

1. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

Hello, I've been getting crashes/restarts on my pc since I did some upgrades. only seems to crash while playing games-1-2 times on 2019 cod and bsod on Wolfenstein new order. Replaced gpu 2 months ago but has worked fine. replaced Mobo/cpu b550 msi edge gaming wifi, 5800x cpu a few days ago, using same ram-trident royal z 3200. XMP is on and cpu is on default boost settings. I've did a fresh windows 10 install then got the last bsod in subject line. updated bios and chipset after bsod. can you check dump file for further advise? i believe i have dump file ready. do you need system save info? t

:)

dylantomes, Aug 25, 2021

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) BSOD

BSOD 124 (When OCing) usually means needs more VCORE.

brandonwh64, Aug 25, 2021
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

Same like this:
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod - Windows 10 Forums

Code:
    "BUS OBS Error": Observing error. Usually caused by hardware components, Mainboard or chipset drivers.

BSODHunter, Aug 25, 2021
  4. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

Lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) on intel nuc NUC7i3BN and 1809 17763.104

So, I have been troubleshooting lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124).

It ususally happens returning from sleep\hibernate at log in screen. If the nuc is slow to start I can pretty much predict it will bsod.

the nuc has two banks for memory, and I have 8x2 Gb installed. Tried only upper and lower bank, and it still crashed.

All the minidumps says :

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

but the process can be different. minidumps

Any advice? Last step is reinstall before contacting the shop for a replacement

[table][tr][td]
    [/td][/tr][/table]

mmikeolson, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

1. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 - Similar Threads - BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

2. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...
  3. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...
  4. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  5. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  6. BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: HelloI have a few errors with a new PC. When gaming, I sometimes have BSOD, randomly. All the same mistake. I'll tell you what test have been done.Config : Ryzen 5 5600X / ASUS B450-F / 16GB RAM / 500GB NVMe SSD / RTX 3060The BIOS is up to date and was reset to defaults.The...
  7. BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: HelloI have a few errors with a new PC. When gaming, I sometimes have BSOD, randomly. All the same mistake. I'll tell you what test have been done.Config : Ryzen 5 5600X / ASUS B450-F / 16GB RAM / 500GB NVMe SSD / RTX 3060The BIOS is up to date and was reset to defaults.The...
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod: Hi nerds, My PC has twice rebooted itself with no warning. I did not see a bsod either time, so i thought it may have been a power issue at first. Both times a dump file was left, with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124. The first crash occurred shortly after PC was powered on...
  9. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod: Do I understand it correctly, from your description, that there has been only 1 crash? No, the crashes usually happen 3-4 times each week. It has been going for quite a while now, since the fall creators update. In the meantime I have reinstalled my system a couple of times,...
  10. Bsod "whea_uncorrectable_error (124)"

Bsod "whea_uncorrectable_error (124)": Hi, I'm having a hard time figuring out the source of my blue screen on my Gigabyte Aero 14. The bluescreens happen mostly on battery mode, for exemple when I startup the computer, when I unplug the power cord, or when I wake up the computer from sleepmode. In some rare cases...