Windows 10: BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on new CPU.

Discus and support BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on new CPU. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently switched my PC Motherboard, CPU, and RAM to a gigabyte X570UD mb, a Ryzen 5800x, and Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 ram 16gb. At first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenNet1700, Dec 19, 2020.

1. BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on new CPU.

Hi, I recently switched my PC Motherboard, CPU, and RAM to a gigabyte X570UD mb, a Ryzen 5800x, and Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 ram 16gb.

At first I only Blue Screened while playing FFXIV but I recently got it for the first time in another game as well. I have the latest bios, chipset, and graphics drivers. I did a memtest, sfc scan, checked my storages, did a virus scan, and windows said it was all fine. Does anyone know the cause of this? It seems to say that it is related to my processor, and I thought it was maybe because I installed the cooler badly but my temperatures are normal. I can use my PC fine, and it never blue screens, but this only happens in games, like I said specifically FFXIV.

This is my Event Log:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 12

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Details:

BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on new CPU. b8e08ffe-1d03-454a-8234-68c2946c22e3?upload=true.png

:)

BenNet1700, Dec 19, 2020

2. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are getting BSOD error after connecting the new card for FireWire connection. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the motherboard?

In this scenario, please perform the steps as mentioned in this article:
    How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Meanwhile, I would also suggest you to share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to
    C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 19, 2020
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR nt_wrong_symbols.sys

Hi,

I just finished installing win10 on my new computer and I randomly have BSOD : WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Running WhoCrashed, I have this message :

On Thu 04/01/2018 12:52:26 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010418-5625-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: nt_wrong_symbols.sys (nt_wrong_symbols)

Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFB60A6AF4D028, 0xB2000000, 0x70005)

Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nt_wrong_symbols.sys .

Google query: nt_wrong_symbols.sys WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

What I have done :

- checked my drivers using drivercloud

- checked my memory using windows memory diagnostic tools at startup

- checked the CPU : stress test with CPU-Z, maximal temperature is around 70°C

- graphic drivers are up to date

I have look for an answer but can't find anything.

Here is the link to the last MiniDump : MiniDump_18-01-04

Bobdu94_071, Dec 19, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on new CPU.

BSOD (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR) while playing league of legends

A WHEA error aka bugcheck 0x124 is usually a hardware problem and the method of solving this is to find which bit of hardware is causing the problem.

We generally suggest working through a whole range of tests:

STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting [/i] Read carefully before proceeding.

BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on new CPU. [​IMG]
    Warning
    If you're overclocking your system, revert back to stock clocks now.

Note Test the system once the overclock is removed before continuing with the steps outlined below.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
    Part Two: MemTest86+ RAM Diagnostic
    Part Three: Hard Drive Diagnostics
    Part Four: GPU Stress Test

ONE [/i] CPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Prime95 to stress test your CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO [/i] RAM TEST
    *Arrow Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

THREE [/i] HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR [/i] GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Furmark to stress test your GPU. FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

philc43, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on new CPU.

1. BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on new CPU. - Similar Threads - BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error CPU

2. BSOD - "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR": Hello, I've just recently built my new PC last week, and installed Windows 10. Every time turn on my PC, I get a BSOD with various codes from "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" Recently, I've tried resetting my PC, running a memtest, updating drivers,...
  3. bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have spent a month trying out multiple things to fix this error, yet none of it has worked, from using Windows Memory Diagnostic to resetting my pc. I have some of the errors that happened recently here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AozCYWxP6q71jSflW-syxiVQUW_0?e=ZMUnCX and some...
  4. Bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have spent a month trying out multiple things to fix this error, yet none of it has worked, from using Windows Memory Diagnostic to resetting my pc. I have some of the errors that happened recently here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AozCYWxP6q71jSflW-syxiVQUW_0?e=ZMUnCX and some...
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD: Hello, I have been getting this BSOD error for quite a while now and have tried many "fixes". I have tried: Prime95 MEMTEST86+ Speccy to monitor temperatures furmark verifier chkdsk sfc /scannow All of these tests show no errors and temperatures are normal. Inside...
  6. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: As the title indicates I've been getting non-stop BSOD for months now and finally had the patience to do smthing about it but cant seem to fix it. I have done almost everything I can, I've done memtest86 but RAMS are not at fault, I tried different GPU but still get it, I...
  7. New PC: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

New PC: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD: Hello there, I have built a new computer a few days ago and I get the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in random intervals. I am attaching the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar_PdoxExqOkrC6o6cm1WPBcfXDs?e=fvA7HZ My PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (Stock Wraith Stealth cooler) GPU:...
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at high CPU usage

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at high CPU usage: System runs completely smoothly and has done for a good 5-6 months up until recently, only when playing a game and recording the footage about 20-30 minutes into playing, the system will bluescreen and restart. My initial thought was since it seems linked to CPU usage,...
  9. Bsod: Whea_uncorrectable_error

Bsod: Whea_uncorrectable_error: For the past month, I have been trying to diagonose the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD. The issue started occurring after I upgraded to Windows 10 build 1151. I had updates disabled for a while, and I believe that it is some kind of chipset driver and hardware issue....
  10. BSOD WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

BSOD WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error: Hello everyone, I've recently purchased a new SSD and upon receiving it decided to do a complete wipe of my system including resetting BIOS back to default. I have two SSD's installed in my system, with the OS installed onto the old ssd. This error has been happening...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firewire card causing cache hierarchy errors windows 10