Windows 10: BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

Discus and support BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm having great trouble to reinstall my whole configuration... I just bought a new computer based on an Asus Prime X470-Pro (BIOS up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Davidou42, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Davidou42 Win User

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

Hello everyone,

I'm having great trouble to reinstall my whole configuration... I just bought a new computer based on an Asus Prime X470-Pro (BIOS up to date), with a Ryzen 2700X and Windows 10 x64 freshly reinstalled.

I'm a musician and I have an old "Motu Ultralite" sound interface connected with in Firewire 400 or 800. To be able to use it on recent computers I use a PCI-Express Firewire card, that worked great on my last computer (a Hewlett-Packard computer with A8-6500 CPU and Windows 10 x64 too). When i got my new computer I installed this Firewire card and it installed correctly.

But now, as soon as I switch up my audio device, I get in the next seconds a BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Analysis of the dump files shows this :

"This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x42667)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFA581D338F028, 0xB4002800, 0xC0135)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll"

and

"This was probably caused by the following module: ohci1394.sys (ohci1394+0x56E8)

Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFA581D338F028, 0xB4002800, 0xC0135)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ohci1394.sys"

I've found out that people having these issues could fix them using the "legacy" version of the 1394 bus drivers (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2970191/firewire-port-based-device-does-not-work-correctly-in-windows-8-1-or-w), which i downloaded and installed with no result. The only difference is the BSOD occurs when I use the sound interface (e.g playing a sound) when before, only switching on the device was enough for the BSOD to occur.

Does someone have an idea on how to fix this and make my Firewire card stable again ? It worked great with no issue at all on my last PC, so why should it stop working now ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

:)

Davidou42, Feb 10, 2019
  2. m1kam1 Win User

Brand New Dell, Just installed Windows 10 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I just bought a new Dell Pc XPS 8900, and before starting it up for the first time, installed a firewire card. It started up fine, asking the regular new pc questions but when it got to the Network Settings it crashed and restarted after I put in the password
    for my Wi-Fi and hit enter. This happened twice before being successful. After that I instantly installed Windows 10. It was fine after that for a while, even after installing Steam and one game, but now I get the blue screen with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    after a few minutes in a game and even just while playing mp3 files and nothing else.

m1kam1, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Brand New Dell, Just installed Windows 10 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

These are called BCC124 and are related to hardware. Read how to diagnose and hopefully to fix them in this
    wiki

As a first step I would absolutely remove the firewire card. If removing the firewire card does not fix the problem and this computer is under warranty I would consider discussing this with Dell. A new computer should not be crashing with this error unless
    it is the firewire card.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 10, 2019
  4. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

Brand new PC BSoD

Hi,

Corrupted drivers and system files are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We'd like to get additional information to help resolve the issue. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• What is the stop error code showing on the screen whenever you experience BSoD? (e.g.: 0x0000000A, 0x0000003B, and 0x000000EF)
    • Did you installed any third-party applications on your new computer before the issue started?
    • Is there a specific action you're doing on the computer that triggers BSoD?
    In the meantime, we suggest performing the possible solutions in this
    article
    to help resolve blue screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

1. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC - Similar Threads - BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using

2. Brand new assembled PC but continuous BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new assembled PC but continuous BSOD: Hi, about a month ago I started buying on amazon it, es, de the HW components for my new desktop PC. From the moment I received all the components and was able to use the PC I had several problems of different nature. First problem: with HDMI cable connected to the video card...
  3. BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC: HiI'm getting crashes on my brand new PC. i paid alot for it so please can you help me figure if this is hardware or software issue? specs:ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 - bundkort - ATX - LGA1700 sokkel - Z690Samsung 980 PRO MZ-V8P1T0BW - 1TB - PCI Express 4.0 x4 NVMe...
  4. BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC: HiI'm getting crashes on my brand new PC. i paid alot for it so please can you help me figure if this is hardware or software issue? specs:ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 - bundkort - ATX - LGA1700 sokkel - Z690Samsung 980 PRO MZ-V8P1T0BW - 1TB - PCI Express 4.0 x4 NVMe...
  5. Brand New PC, Constant BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New PC, Constant BSODs: Hi there. So I bought a PC (pre-built) that had already had an iGPU. I installed another (dedicated) GPU I had from the PC I had built myself a while back but didn't use at all. Here are the specs: Gigabyte B460M DS3H w/ Wi-Fi Intel i7-10700 Processor @2.9 GHz with iGPU -...
  6. BSOD Brand new pc.

BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  7. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC: I upgraded my PC (board, RAM, CPU), and since the new board has no firewire connection, I purchased a separate card. Hardware seems to be fine regarding device manager. However, as soon as I try to select ASIO driver type in my sequencer (reaper), I get that BSOD. Audio...
  8. New PC: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

New PC: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD: Hello there, I have built a new computer a few days ago and I get the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in random intervals. I am attaching the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar_PdoxExqOkrC6o6cm1WPBcfXDs?e=fvA7HZ My PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (Stock Wraith Stealth cooler) GPU:...
  9. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC: Hello everyone, I'm having great trouble to reinstall my whole configuration... I just bought a new computer based on an Asus Prime X470-Pro (BIOS up to date), with a Ryzen 2700X and Windows 10 x64 freshly reinstalled. I'm a musician and I have an old "Motu Ultralite"...
  10. BSOD brand new T480s - MSDN bugcheck WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD brand new T480s - MSDN bugcheck WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: This computer came three days ago and BSOD'd on the first day after letting it update completely then installing some pretty vanilla software. I did a Windows reset and am still getting BSODs at seemingly random times. Computer name: KILLERT480S Windows version: Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firewire causes bsod

2. whea uncorrectable error via FireWire card windows 10 ryzen

3. firewire card causing blue screen whea_uncorrectable

4. whea uncorrectable error firewire NI MAX