Windows 10: BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error while running Discord and Google Chrome

Discus and support BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error while running Discord and Google Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I could use some help. Background Story. I have this error for quite long now, it has slowly become worse over time. I remember like 1-2 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lombardo, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Lombardo Win User

BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error while running Discord and Google Chrome

Hey, I could use some help.

Background Story.

I have this error for quite long now, it has slowly become worse over time. I remember like 1-2 years maybe 3 years ago, I started to get this error when I played counter strike global offensive. I tried to fix back then, but not really with any success and I also lost the desire to play the game. This error didn't occur in nothing else in that time. Time moved on

12 month or more from today, (its hard to remember precise time, hope it's okay) the error came back when I used Google Chrome. Eventually it just became more often and lest time spend on google chrome before the error occurred. I realised that the error would almost stop, if I lead a game run, while browsing, watching youtube, checking mail for longer period of time. If I stopped playingrunning the game it would usually crash after a smaller period of time 1-8 min. I tried somethings but not much to fix it, I just moved on. 3 months later things got worse, I usually use discord when I play with friends, but the error started to occur too, when I join a call, both privately and in servers.

My problem short summary.
    Cant join calls in general on discord or browse google chrome without the pc getting a BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error. The error usually happens within 0-3 min on Discord. Google chrome still crashed heavily, even tho it maybe last longer before they error occur, 15 min max, but average time is prop 0-8 min. Sometimes both things just almost instant triggers the error. Just to make it clear, the computer runs internet explore fine and heavy games like Ark Survival Evolved...

I Tried.
    Updated all drivers (Used Driver easy, purchased the automatic version)
    Updated Windows
    Scanned for driver errors in Cmd and maybe others not sure ( I am not really a expert, followed some youtube videos)
    Scanned a crash report file in a program, which says it was hardware mistake, couldnt tell much more (Forgot the specific file type names, but something windows saves after a crash, forgot the program name, thinks its a pretty common to be fair)
    Factory Reset it (Complete empty / reset)
    Replaced my ram (See if that worked, didnt help)
    Replaced my 1xHard Drive
    Replaced my 1x SCD Drive.
    I moved Windows from my old SCD drive to the new I replaced and Again did a Factory reset.

I kinda given up now, until I make my next step. I dont what the next step should be. Maybe its a software error even tho I think most Whea_Uncorrectable_Error are hardware errors (might be wrong). Maybe there are some heavy test I can run ( dont really know any test or what to go for, kinda noob in that area) Thanks a lot for reading this. All helped would be nice and considered. Let me know u need! Thanks a lot!

Update/ comment I added pc spec to my profile think it's all there otherwise let me know. I tried to attach some dump files, because I think it's needed, but it's says need administrator permission. I will remove this part once it's figured out.

:)

Lombardo, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 8, 2020
  3. zaichi Win User
    no audio in google chrome

hi,

im new to this forum so sorry if i make any mistake.

my sound from google chrom just aint working. i have tried these steps

• resetting chrome
    • reinstalling chrome
    • reinstalling drivers
    • restarting my machine
    • checked if it was not muted
    • checked with a youtube video if the sound bar in the mixed moved it did
    • other sounds works fine like discord and edge etc etc etc

im now clue less what to do. asked some friends and they dont know either.

i got the lastest updates for my headset razer chroma kraker 7.1 and google chrome. windows is up2date.

kind regards

zaichi, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.

Hi
    RishabhPatel9

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Are you using a USB keyboard or Wireless keyboard?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Install Package and Driver.

I would suggest you to go through the article from the manufacturer which talks about
    The hot keys on Notebook are not functioning properly’.Follow
    the step mentioned for Mute/adjust volume.

Method 2: Disable the extensions.

1. Launch Google Chrome and go to settings.
    2. Select Tools> go to Extensions.
    3. Click the ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ link at the bottom of the page.
    4. Search for Google Play Music section.
    5. Change the option from ‘In chrome’ to ‘Global’ and vice versa.

Method 3: Enable Google Chrome.

1. Press ‘Shift+Ctrl+Esc” at the same time on your keyboard, this will open the task manager.
    2. Go to startup Tab, check for Google chrome.
    3. If it is disabled, select the google chrome option and click on
      Enable.

If none of the methods worked, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Google chrome, or Try connecting a different keyboard and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error while running Discord and Google Chrome - Similar Threads - BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error while

2. My computer encounter a bsod while running discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer encounter a bsod while running discord: I was split screening Roblox and discord on my laptop and suddenly I got a bsod I don’t know what caused it but it never happened when I didn’t have discord please tell me why this happens if this happened to you...
  3. My computer encounter a bsod while running discord

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer encounter a bsod while running discord: I was split screening Roblox and discord on my laptop and suddenly I got a bsod I don’t know what caused it but it never happened when I didn’t have discord please tell me why this happens if this happened to you...
  4. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming.: Hey guys; having WHEA's pop up after random amounts of time while playing ARMA, or generally any game, really. CPU - Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz GPU - Palit GeForce 2060 RTX RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengance @ 2133MHz MBoard - B360M-DS3H - Gigabyte HDD - 2TB HDD Unknown Make/Model SSD...
  5. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while using Chrome

WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while using Chrome: Hi All, I have a PC I built about a month or so ago, so far the machine has been great. However in the last 2 weeks or so I've had 2 instances of WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error BSOD while using Chrome. The machine is perfectly stable while gaming, so I'm not sure where the problem...
  6. BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: can someone please check my minidump Attachment 90761 55918
  7. Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome

Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome: Hello all, I've had this laptop for about 3 months now. I was browsing the web today and watching Twitch.tv while I suddenly received a BSOD with the error message "Bad_Pool_Caller" in it. This is the first time I've received a BSOD on this laptop so far, but I have had a...
  8. BSOD while using Google chrome

BSOD while using Google chrome: Hey guys! I just got random bsod while watching youtube, i got similiar bsod 4-5 month ago but bios update fixed me and now is start again.here the minidmp windbg result: 88249
  9. BSOD while using Google Chrome(?)

BSOD while using Google Chrome(?): Hello everyone, I hope You can help me with my problem regarding a new PC I bought. It got 2 BSODs in between a few days and it seems both happened while using Google Chrome, but I'm not really sure if that's the cause or something else. I did some hardware testing after the...
  10. BSOD while using google chrome.

BSOD while using google chrome.: I got 3 different types of BSOD for the past 4 months. 1. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE 3. ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY. During that time I think I was just browsing. Also, recently "Google Chrome" is hanging frequently and I got a new...