Windows 10: BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Discus and support BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title indicates I've been getting non-stop BSOD for months now and finally had the patience to do smthing about it but cant seem to fix it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jebou97, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Jebou97 Win User

BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

As the title indicates I've been getting non-stop BSOD for months now and finally had the patience to do smthing about it but cant seem to fix it.

I have done almost everything I can, I've done memtest86 but RAMS are not at fault, I tried different GPU but still get it, I have reinstalled windows to new SSD and still get it, I have updated all necessary drivers expect these as they aren't necessary?

https://gyazo.com/e4952e1b783835caa36d5eeba426de55 https://gyazo.com/0f585300637bb6b9dd730cd661d6cc93

BIOS I have not updated since its a risk and might actually make things worse even.

When I get the BSOD it will get stuck on 0% and wont load further and need to force shutdown therefore nothing in event viewer, I have opened in safe mode and no BSOD so it seems to be a driver fault but since I have updated most and still not fixed so are the ones above necessary? Also I don't have any yellow/red "triangle" errors showing in device manager expect in safe mode then I have this Generic non PnP monitor showing yellow https://gyazo.com/0ed66881149176b32dff1bc6166ecf82 https://gyazo.com/7fff8ec3fa9d830a109a263b943c98c8

But even after saying it has successfully updated it wont go away but then again it says here

https://gyazo.com/8d2d4110d8f43ec87c96d1e2e736ce0d its not available in safe mode so might be reason.

But yeah I have run out of options nothing I have tried has seemed to fixed it, sometimes I get BSOD right after I log in and sometimes 10-15min later after I have logged in, sometimes I run games no problem all day just to crash again..

I have swapped GPUs like 4 times from 970 to 1060 to 1080 to 1080 ti that might have done smthing to drivers but im really out of options, GPU drivers are updated too.

:)

Jebou97, Nov 29, 2019
  2. Zaki_j Win User

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hi Jotunheim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information about the issue.

1. When do you the error message?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred.
    This bug check is typically related to physical hardware failures. It can be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor that is beginning to fail or has failed. If over-clocking has been enabled, try disabling it. Confirm
    that any cooling systems such as fans are functional. Run system diagnostics to confirm that the system memory is not defective. It is less likely, but possible that a driver is causing the hardware to fail with this bug check.

As per the dump files shared by you, the error seems to be with the Intel processor. I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Additional Information:
    Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Nov 29, 2019
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR nt_wrong_symbols.sys

Hi,

I just finished installing win10 on my new computer and I randomly have BSOD : WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Running WhoCrashed, I have this message :

On Thu 04/01/2018 12:52:26 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010418-5625-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: nt_wrong_symbols.sys (nt_wrong_symbols)

Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFB60A6AF4D028, 0xB2000000, 0x70005)

Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nt_wrong_symbols.sys .

Google query: nt_wrong_symbols.sys WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

What I have done :

- checked my drivers using drivercloud

- checked my memory using windows memory diagnostic tools at startup

- checked the CPU : stress test with CPU-Z, maximal temperature is around 70°C

- graphic drivers are up to date

I have look for an answer but can't find anything.

Here is the link to the last MiniDump : MiniDump_18-01-04

Bobdu94_071, Nov 29, 2019
  4. diznanl Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error

Thanks, axe0

How do I explain what steps I took... I ran dm_log_collector.exe but not sure how results were actually acquired/interpreted.

I need to be able to explain steps I took and steps taken to reproduce.

BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR [​IMG]

thanks, in advance!

diznanl, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Similar Threads - BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

2. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR PLEASE HELP: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  4. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  5. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR `I've been getting a lot of BSOD and image freezing, looking for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR `I've been getting a lot of BSOD and image freezing, looking for...: Hello, appreciate any help up front.I've been getting an increasing number of BSOD as well as overall graphical freeze ups that can only be fixed by force powering off my computer. Hoping to get some help as I haven't been able to find a fix. I've been cleaning everything...
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR `I've been getting a lot of BSOD and image freezing, looking for...

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR `I've been getting a lot of BSOD and image freezing, looking for...: Hello, appreciate any help up front.I've been getting an increasing number of BSOD as well as overall graphical freeze ups that can only be fixed by force powering off my computer. Hoping to get some help as I haven't been able to find a fix. I've been cleaning everything...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  9. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  10. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR