Windows 10: Bsod - whea_uncorrectable_error

Discus and support Bsod - whea_uncorrectable_error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone. As stated in the title I am experiencing BSOD with the message "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". The computer usually loads up to 100% and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FLFisherman, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Bsod - whea_uncorrectable_error

Hello everyone.

As stated in the title I am experiencing BSOD with the message "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". The computer usually loads up to 100% and then restarts, but not always. Sometimes I will have to manually restart the computer.

System Specs:
    i7-4790K
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    ASRock Z97M Pro4
    Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB
    Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB
    WD Caviar Blue - 1TB
    Sapphire R9 390X
    EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ - Gold certified, fully-modular
    CD-DVD ROM - HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H31N SCSI CdRom Device

My computer crashes randomly when I'm working on Word, browsing the Web, or when gaming (although this may be a separate issue). I will add any more information necessary. The crashes between every 1 to 2 days.

Thanks for your time.

Attachment 52541

:)

FLFisherman, Dec 7, 2015

2. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Getting a blue screen of randomly after it's been on for a while but I can start up just fine in safe mode with no crashes.

No overclocks as far as I know, and the PC is relatively new (only 2 months old)

Any idea what could be causing this?

Dump files here:

Dropbox - 032918-5812-01.dmp

Conan Dufour, Dec 7, 2015
  3. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

These are called BCC124 and are related to hardware. Read how to diagnose and hopefully to fix them in this
    wiki

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 7, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Bsod - whea_uncorrectable_error

Hi FLFisherman,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please revert any overclocking back to stock while troubleshooting if there is any.

Please check Intel for driver updates for the processor
    Driver Reference Table - intelppm.sys
    Code: 7: kd> k Child-SP RetAddr Call Site ffffd000`fa90a6f8 fffff803`eda9f94f nt!KeBugCheckEx ffffd000`fa90a700 fffff803`ed46b374 hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xcf ffffd000`fa90a740 fffff803`eda9fe3c nt!WheaReportHwError+0x258 ffffd000`fa90a7a0 fffff803`edaa019c hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x50 ffffd000`fa90a8f0 fffff803`edaa0088 hal!HalpMceHandlerCore+0xe8 ffffd000`fa90a940 fffff803`edaa02c6 hal!HalpMceHandler+0xe4 ffffd000`fa90a980 fffff803`edaa0450 hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0xce ffffd000`fa90a9b0 fffff803`ed370e7b hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40 ffffd000`fa90a9e0 fffff803`ed370c31 nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x7b ffffd000`fa90ab20 fffff800`451a2778 nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x171 ffffd000`fa92a858 00000000`00000000 intelppm!MWaitIdle+0x18[/quote]

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  5. I have not overclocked this system since I put it together, and there are no new updates according to the Intel Driver Update Utility.

And thank you for the welcome. It's unfortunate I have to be here, but I appreciate the time you're taking for it. *Smile

FLFisherman, Dec 9, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling system and other used stuff.How to fill in your system specs:

Bsod - whea_uncorrectable_error [​IMG]

Bsod - whea_uncorrectable_error [​IMG]

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  7. Alright, I've updated my systems specs using the data provided by the tool. I also included the exact parts for any component not detected and/or specified by the tool.

FLFisherman, Dec 9, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

When have you build your system?

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  9. I built my PC in October of this year. My original OS was Windows 7. At some point in November I replaced my original processor, an i5, with the current i7. I also upgraded to Windows 10 around the same time. That's when the BSODs started.

FLFisherman, Dec 9, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    This probably isn't something you want to read, but it is very common with upgrades from Windows 7.
    Have you tried a clean install? With the upgrade several bugs may appear that causes system instability.
    The best and quickest solution is a clean install.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

11. I will give that a try in a few weeks, after finals. What data will I lose, if any, when I do this?

FLFisherman, Dec 9, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    With a clean installation, you will lose all current data.
    To prevent important data loss, back-up the data you don't want to loose regularly.

13. Bsod - whea_uncorrectable_error

Okay, I will give that a try next weekend.

Is there any guess as to what may be causing this error? Is it my hardware? Is it related to software?

FLFisherman, Dec 9, 2015
  14. Thank you for the reply. I ran MemTest86+ a week ago without any errors so I shall try the CPU and GPU test now. I will update this post either later today or sometime tomorrow (or over the weekend) with my results.

FLFisherman, Dec 9, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    I wouldn't update the post, but just post a new reply.
    I won't be notified when a post is edited, only you posted a reply.
    It happens that I don't reply to the thread until the OP let me know he/she is waiting if a post is updated.

Thema:

1. Bsod - whea_uncorrectable_error - Similar Threads - Bsod whea_uncorrectable_error

2. can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games: my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-my-laptop-got-bsod/d4554e28-3fbc-4405-bc0a-92aa14cafc82
  3. can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games: my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-my-laptop-got-bsod/d4554e28-3fbc-4405-bc0a-92aa14cafc82
  4. can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD "whea_uncorrectable_error"

BSOD "whea_uncorrectable_error": I've been getting BSOD a lot recently past few weeks. Each time was playing a game. Every time it BSOD it unable to create any dump files in C:\Windows.Here is the Event Viewer System logs.SystemLogs.evtx...
  6. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR PLEASE HELP

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR PLEASE HELP: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  7. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  9. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

10. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR `I've been getting a lot of BSOD and image freezing, looking for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR `I've been getting a lot of BSOD and image freezing, looking for...: Hello, appreciate any help up front.I've been getting an increasing number of BSOD as well as overall graphical freeze ups that can only be fixed by force powering off my computer. Hoping to get some help as I haven't been able to find a fix. I've been cleaning everything...