Windows 10: Bsod whea_uncorrectable_error

Discus and support Bsod whea_uncorrectable_error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright, Ive had a good run of bad luck with bsod recently this one though has been pretty bad.. im averaging 4 crashes in 2 days with 2 being within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xtbs, Mar 24, 2016.

1. xtbs Win User

Bsod whea_uncorrectable_error

Alright, Ive had a good run of bad luck with bsod recently this one though has been pretty bad.. im averaging 4 crashes in 2 days with 2 being within 20 min of each other. when the bsod shows up I get the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. So I did do a little digging and saw it was related to hardware problems more specific the cpu.. With that being said. I dont know if my cpu is fried or if its something as simple as a driver problem. Attached is the bsod reports, and yes I know daemon tools is installed... I have not used it in years (back in windows 7) And it has never caused a problem with my computer before.

So... Any help would be appreciated, Its getting a bit annoying especially when I am playing games.

As a note, I do run three monitors and I know Nvidia has had a couple issues with multi monitors, But I did disable 2 of them just to see if it was the cause.

:)

2. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Getting a blue screen of randomly after it's been on for a while but I can start up just fine in safe mode with no crashes.

No overclocks as far as I know, and the PC is relatively new (only 2 months old)

Any idea what could be causing this?

Dump files here:

Dropbox - 032918-5812-01.dmp

Conan Dufour, Mar 24, 2016
  3. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

These are called BCC124 and are related to hardware. Read how to diagnose and hopefully to fix them in this
    wiki

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 24, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

About Daemon tools, it sometimes let the system think there is a hardware error, the same is for software that is provided by the mainboard manufacturer. For this reason I would recommend to remove both ASUS & Daemon tools software.

That is correct, but the most frequent occuring type of this crash is the MCE (Machine_Check_Exception) which shows a processor type error. This basically means that the CPU is the component that is reporting the crash, this means that it is possible that the CPU is the cause but that usually can't be said with certainty unless some troubleshooting has been done.

Lets take a look at the dumps, there is an evict crash, read crash and write crash, this may point to hardware problems and sometimes to the CPU but when looking at the frequency of the crashes it doesn't look like a hardware problem. With hardware problems the frequency of crashes should be a lot more.
    My suggestion is for now the same, remove Daemon tools and ASUS software and let me know how it goes.
    Code: =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe0006ddfd138 Section @ ffffe0006ddfd2c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL1_EVICT_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 0) Status : 0xb66f200000000175 Address : 0x00000002c4816110 Misc. : 0x0000000000000000 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe001d0e47138 Section @ ffffe001d0e472c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 0) Status : 0xb600200006000135 Address : 0x00000002429e8640 Misc. : 0x0000000000000000 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe0003a3fa138 Section @ ffffe0003a3fa2c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL1_DWR_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 0) Status : 0xb6002000f3000145 Address : 0x00000001a5787d00 Misc. : 0x0000000000000000[/quote]

5. xtbs Win User
    I will give it a shot then, I will update if the crashes continue

6. axe0 New Member
    Please also do so if the crashes don't persist so I know *Smile

7. xtbs Win User
    Well the bsod decided to pop up again.. and my pc was doing so well too.. with that being said, it seems it is only happening while i play fallout 4. idk if thats going to affect it or not. The games I play that are set to use all available cores dont seem to crash the computer.

8. axe0 New Member

Is the same configuration for Fallout 4?

9. xtbs Win User
    From what I have been reading, it doesnt utilize mutithreading unless I put either launch parameters or use the in game console to enable it.

10. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Attachment 72275

11. xtbs Win User
    I will give this a shot and keep you in the loop.

12. xtbs Win User
    Update: It worked for a bit but now its started again, I am going to put up HWMonitor and keep an eye on my temps while I am in game to see if it is an overheating issue now.

13. axe0 New Member

Ok, good move *Smile

Keep me posted.

14. xtbs Win User
    After monitoring for a while yesterday I found that the max temp on my cpu was 80 C and for my cores it was around 83.. With that being said as well, my cpu fan didnt budge an rpm faster.. it used to run so fast it got pretty audible. now it seems like it doesnt wind up at all. any chance that somethings nerfed my fan? I know i had software for it installed through asus, Im wondering if these crashes are caused because of lack of ventilation... Just to be clear as well, the fan does indeed operate, but doesnt try to go faster as the cpu heats up

15. axe0 New Member
    A heat problem can cause such crashes, heat problems causes components to function improper due to damage what leads to a uncorrectable error of the hardware what causes the 0x124 crash.

Thema:

1. Bsod whea_uncorrectable_error - Similar Threads - Bsod whea_uncorrectable_error

2. can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games: my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-my-laptop-got-bsod/d4554e28-3fbc-4405-bc0a-92aa14cafc82
  3. can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games: my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-my-laptop-got-bsod/d4554e28-3fbc-4405-bc0a-92aa14cafc82
  4. can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD "whea_uncorrectable_error"

BSOD "whea_uncorrectable_error": I've been getting BSOD a lot recently past few weeks. Each time was playing a game. Every time it BSOD it unable to create any dump files in C:\Windows.Here is the Event Viewer System logs.SystemLogs.evtx...
  6. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR PLEASE HELP

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR PLEASE HELP: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  7. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  9. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

10. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR `I've been getting a lot of BSOD and image freezing, looking for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR `I've been getting a lot of BSOD and image freezing, looking for...: Hello, appreciate any help up front.I've been getting an increasing number of BSOD as well as overall graphical freeze ups that can only be fixed by force powering off my computer. Hoping to get some help as I haven't been able to find a fix. I've been cleaning everything...