Windows 10: BSOD when a game is minimized

Discus and support BSOD when a game is minimized in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, this is my most disliked thing of windows 10, The Incompatibility and lots of errors. In the factory installed W8.1 everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheStrangeTeste, Oct 12, 2016.

1. BSOD when a game is minimized

Hello everyone, this is my most disliked thing of windows 10, The Incompatibility and lots of errors. In the factory installed W8.1 everything was fine, but Windows 10 Came in and ruined everything. When I minimize a game and leave it open, it just crashes the computer with THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, which is very annoying, that mostly means, no looking up stuff on internet when I'm confused with a game. The game that I am playing is Kerbal Space Program Version 1.2
    Please help, because it's very annoying, I am using a laptop ASUS X550ZE

:)

TheStrangeTeste, Oct 12, 2016

2. My game's audio stops working after returning from its minimized window

The game's audio works fine when it first launches and even when the game is minimized (Windows 10 randomly minimizes the game's window every once in awhile - not every time I play) but when I return to the game, the audio/music is completely gone. If I
    close the game and reopen, the sound plays just fine.

Any idea what is causing this? This seems to be a Windows 10 issue and not the game as the game works fine until it's minimized - whether intentionally or by the OS. What stops the audio support for minimized windows?

celticmagick, Oct 12, 2016
  3. pielordds Win User
    igfxtray issues

ok im trying to play a game and when the videos from the game it minimizes and the igfxtray pops uo saying that {blah x blah} is native resolution for this screen and foces the game to minimize and goes back to that resolution and im unable to play the game

pielordds, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD when a game is minimized

Looks like there are some problems with Avast:

Code: ffff8680`2508f4a8 fffff801`c251ab10Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys aswSP+0x5ab10[/quote] Code: ffff8680`2508f588 fffff801`c29d3f54Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswRdr2.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswRdr2.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswRdr2.sys aswRdr2+0x3f54[/quote] Try uninstalling Avast and run with the built in Windows Defender and Firewall for awhile, see if that resolves the problem. If yes then you can stay with Defender (it's what I use, along with Malwarebytes anti-malware and anti-exploit) or try a different AV program.

Ztruker, Oct 16, 2016
  5. I acutally have McAffee preinstalled, so I can try running only Windows Defender and McAffee

TheStrangeTeste, Oct 19, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Much prefer you to get rid of McAfee as well, along with Avast. Use just Defender.

You can always download and install McAfee later if you feel it's necessary.

Ztruker, Oct 20, 2016
  7. is there any way of disabling mcaffee permamently, so there would be no activity of the antivirus, also Adobe Flash update installed some kind of quick scan, and Intel TrueKey

TheStrangeTeste, Oct 20, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

No way to completely disable McAffee I know of. Just uninstall it for now, you can reinstall later if you want.

When you downloaded Adobe, you should have unchecked both check boxes in the middle panel:

Attachment 107049

You should be able to uninstall them.

The best way to get rid of McAfee is to use their McAfee Removal Tool: MCPR

Ztruker, Oct 21, 2016
  9. And about the BSOD's, it feels, when I disabled mcaffee, it didn't BSOD very much, no BSODs after disabling Avast!. Thank's for the help.

TheStrangeTeste, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when a game is minimized - Similar Threads - BSOD game minimized

2. Game minimized when i opened anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game minimized when i opened anything: Hello community,So i just reinstall windows11 fresh, i'm in game Apex Legends i tab out to open ea client, faceit AC, Battle.net, cpu-z, discord u named it, anything, and i get back in game before any of the app/program opens and i get minimized quick when any of the app...
  3. Game minimized when i opened anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game minimized when i opened anything: Hello community,So i just reinstall windows11 fresh, i'm in game Apex Legends i tab out to open ea client, faceit AC, Battle.net, cpu-z, discord u named it, anything, and i get back in game before any of the app/program opens and i get minimized quick when any of the app...
  4. Games are being minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are being minimized: my games i play started minimizing randomly a month ago and i have no idea what is causing it. It started only doing it during it in a couple of games but now its happening in everything i play.Ive tried:Updating all my drives and suchclosing unneeded apps in the...
  5. Games keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep minimizing: I have certain games that will not stay full screen, no matter what i try. Ive turned off game mod xbox game bar, turned of hdr, and some other basic things.Its makes these games unplayable, just trying to play fallout 4. I cant find anything that fixes my issue...
  6. Games minimize when fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimize when fullscreen?: I reloaded Windows a few months ago, and since then my games that start up fullscreen (or any game I turn on fullscreen) just outright minimize and it seems like it refreshes my desktop. I've tried reloading windows completely with a fresh install, removing all files and...
  7. OS laggy when minimizing large game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS laggy when minimizing large game: Hi, so I've been working hard lately to improve the performance of my PC. All these issues started occurring when I installed a Windows update awhile ago. The core problem is when I try minimizing a large game Fortnite my OS lags/freezes, sometimes it works fast, other times...
  8. minimizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimizing games: when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the background, please help me fix it http://peecee.dk/uploads/112016/minimize.png 68482
  9. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: It just started today. I haven't done anything, updated, downloaded, nothing along those lines. I've checked my keyboards, used 3 different ones. All have the same result. I do the same thing I've always done not closing background applications or windows on other...
  10. Minimize Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize Games: i can't minimize games in win10, when the game have same resolution from desktop. anyone know how fix ? 24572

Users found this page by searching for:

1. igfxtray minimize game