Windows 10: BSOD When accessing WinRE/USB Recovery Drive

Discus and support BSOD When accessing WinRE/USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Currently, my system seems to be running fine. I get no crashes during regular operation, all drivers have been updated, and yeah, life's great. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yertle, May 12, 2018.

1. Yertle Win User

BSOD When accessing WinRE/USB Recovery Drive

Currently, my system seems to be running fine. I get no crashes during regular operation, all drivers have been updated, and yeah, life's great.

I was trying to setup recovery media (USB Recovery Drive), and while the drive configured without error, when I attempt to boot from it I get a BSOD. Also, when I attempt to access Windows Recovery Environment via shift+restart, I can't get Startup Repair to run- same error. If I select 'Use a Device' and select the Hard Drive option, the system just starts normally. Selecting USB, same crash as direct boot. I haven't tried the other recovery options.

I've run SFC - no issues.
    I've run CHKDSK - no issues, or if there were, they were corrected.
    Run Avast/Malware bytes - no threats

The only thing I see in Event Viewer is for volmgr.sys Event ID 161

BSOD When accessing WinRE/USB Recovery Drive [​IMG]

I've got 32GB of RAM, and I tested once with a 40 GB pagefile just to see what would happen (crash). I checked all my dumpfile settings in system settings and they appear to be properly addressed/setup.
    All of my memory is detected and seems to be running fine. My system is running great, it's just accessing this one thing.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I do have virtualization enabled and am using Hyper-V
    I have played with EaseUS in the last couple months to resize a few partitions. Worked great, no errors.

With one of the more recent Win Updates, my recovery partition was assigned a drive letter. I dismounted the volume to stop getting storage warnings. This is the only other thing I can think of that might cause the issue, but I haven't looked up remounting it - don't want to play with it too much. Should I?

I'd really rather not do a fresh install - it's what I'm trying to avoid. Please let me know your thoughts, any help is appreciated.

I've attached my .zip for review.

:)

Yertle, May 12, 2018
Thema:

BSOD When accessing WinRE/USB Recovery Drive

1. BSOD When accessing WinRE/USB Recovery Drive - Similar Threads - BSOD accessing WinRE

2. System recovery failed when usb recovery drive was not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System recovery failed when usb recovery drive was not working: OK I’m not a very good computer user so when answering please try to make it so I can understand. OK I had a Drive with Windows 11 on it and I had an SSD drive with Rokie Linux installed on it. I wanted to do windows recovery and I put my recovery, USB drive and booted up and...
  3. System recovery failed when usb recovery drive was not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System recovery failed when usb recovery drive was not working: OK I’m not a very good computer user so when answering please try to make it so I can understand. OK I had a Drive with Windows 11 on it and I had an SSD drive with Rokie Linux installed on it. I wanted to do windows recovery and I put my recovery, USB drive and booted up and...
  4. BSOD loop, unable to access winRE or desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD loop, unable to access winRE or desktop: Hello everyone! Pc specs: Asus prime x570 pro Amd ryzen 7 5800x One M.2 ssd 2 normal ssd's 750 sf platinum psu GTX 1080 graphics card My newly built pc (except for GPU) just shut itself off without warning today whilst I was just surfing the web. It reebooted automaticly but...
  5. Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives: Hi, I can't find any threads on the Internet about this problem. After 20h2 update my Win10 crashes to BSOD every time I try to write anything on my thumbdrive with this error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8022aa2b340, 0xffff9a099be3e800,...
  6. Access denied when accessing to USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access denied when accessing to USB drive: Hello Support, I have been trying to access a USB drive on Windows 10, but have been greeted with the 'Access Denied' message. Best regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-when-accessing-to-usb-drive/6868d2d8-e022-4279-8182-214be97a481b
  7. USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Recovery Drive: I have an ACER computer that was updated from Windows 7 to 10 when the update was still free. The updates are up to date except for the 2H20. I was trying to make a USB Recovery Drive. I tried to follow the directions I could find on the web. After finding and opening...
  8. usb recovery drive

usb recovery drive: have tried to re install windows 10 from usb recovery drive a number of times, reaches approx. 50% and fails. on entering command prompt window, have message that there is not enough disk space to complete command. I thought all files would be wiped from disk and new windows...
  9. Usb Recovery Drive

Usb Recovery Drive: Hi My pc won't boot and i create a usb recovery drive from my laptop. I plug the recovery flash drive to my pc and able to boot it up. I tried to access the system restore and it shows a couple of restore points. My question is does these restore points from my desktop...
  10. USB recovery drive

USB recovery drive: Windows 10 , create recovery drive, is requesting I insert at least a 32 gb usb drive yet when recovery drive is complete [with system files] windows only used 11 gb. This is not necessarily a problem except I have several extra 16 gb usb drives which I would like to use....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access to winre from bsod

2. winre crashes