Windows 10: BSOD when computer idle

Discus and support BSOD when computer idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I would like help with the BSOD that I'm getting recently when my computer is idle, such as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ben Qu, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Ben Qu Win User

BSOD when computer idle

Hi,

I would like help with the BSOD that I'm getting recently when my computer is idle, such as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

I've had the same problems in the past months ago of BSOD when idle, but I've managed to fix it by resetting my windows. Until recently, they have come back again.

I've attached zipped minidumps of 3 recent BSOD on the same day in the link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqgGB2w4XGY_jAm1BFiWwl1WuXlg?e=h7qwcM

Thank you for you help!

:)

Ben Qu, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Win 10 backgroundTaskHost.exe crashed - Constant BSOD when idle

Hi Mala,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Here are the answers to your questions:

What is the make and model of the computer?

• Dell Latitude 5591 Purchased 2019
    Which version of Windows is installed on your machine?

• Win 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS Build 17763.529
    Have you tried booting the PC in Safe mode to know if the issue persists?

• No, would be hard to work in safe mode
    Have you installed any non-Microsoft security software on your PC?

• No, nothing

I’m receiving 2 types of BSODs

UEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

It happens while I work, usually browsing. I think always when browsing. The computer gets into waiting mode (mouse icon) and BSODs in a couple of seconds after that.

REGISTRY_ERROR

When idle, I come back to this BSOD after leaving the computer for a while.

Attached another 2 dumps.

backgroundTaskHost.exe.18816.zip

backgroundTaskHost.exe.4552.zip

Perhaps you can tell me how I can force more dumps? Memory dumps? It stays on 0% complete forever.

Thank you,

Gil

Gennady Tsymbalov, Sep 12, 2020
  4. WebDevVA Win User

BSOD when computer idle

Troubleshooting idle problems with no errors

I need help troubleshooting my Windows 10 Home PC. I have problems with it only when it idles. The problems are intermittent and hard to troubleshoot. Sometimes it will lock up after being idle for a while. Sometimes it won't lock up but the screen will
    not power off. Sometimes it behaves perfectly fine. There are no errors in the Event log, BSODs or memory dumps.

I have tried:

• Reinstalling Windows from image
    • Updating all of my drivers
    • Scanning for viruses and other malware
    • Scanning and defragging hard drives
    • Turning off most of my power saving settings
    • Scanning for memory and other hard defects
    • Stress testing for heat related problems

I am at a loss at this point. It is very annoying to constantly have to hard boot my PC if I step away for too long.

What else can I try?

WebDevVA, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when computer idle

1. BSOD when computer idle - Similar Threads - BSOD computer idle

2. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: I recently bought a MSI PRO Z690-A for a upgrade. Did a clean install on a new SSD and installed the drivers. Now i keep getting random BSOD, when idle. I reinstalled the newest BIOS, windows update and drivers. I still keep getting a BSOD after this, it comes with the...
  3. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  4. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  5. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  6. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  7. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSoD when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD when idle: Hello guys, recently my PC started BSoD frequently, as soon as it goes idle. When I wake up, it's on the logon screen. I could see it happening a few times, and I got irql_not_less_or_equal and some other code I cant remember right now. Also in event viewer, I get...
  9. BSOD happening when computer is Idle.

BSOD happening when computer is Idle.: Hello, my computer works perfectly fine when it is on, even playing heavy games, everything is all right. The problem arises when it is Idle. It is not everyday, but every 5-10d when I set the computer to idle and go to sleep; The next day, when I wake up and turn the...
  10. Bsod when idle...

Bsod when idle...: i,ve been having this issue with my pc since i upgraded it from windows 7 to 10 ...bsod when im away or not doing anything on the pc ,and last week i tride to do a defrag the drive and it happend also .. the error code moslty says critical process died .. i did SFC and tried...