Windows 10: BSOD When Connected to the Internet

Discus and support BSOD When Connected to the Internet in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSOD with the message "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" Blue screen occurs usually moments after I've connected to the Internet. Dump file: Dropbox -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NateHow, Nov 22, 2017.

1. NateHow Win User

BSOD When Connected to the Internet

BSOD with the message "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"
    Blue screen occurs usually moments after I've connected to the Internet.

Dump file: Dropbox - 112317-23468-01.dmp

I am currently using my phone to make this post. My PC functions completely fine when not connected to a network.

Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Looks like the problem was due to my Windows 10 being weird from an unsuccessful reset. Getting a new copy of Windows seemed to do the trick.

:)

NateHow, Nov 22, 2017
  2. ShriP Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD when connected to internet on Windows 10 (ethernet or wifi stick)

Thanks a bunch!!!!

This error was so frustrating and ruined my weekend. I was just about to reinstall Windows and tried your steps and the BAD_POOL_HEADER no longer appears now! Again Thank You for posting this!

ShriP, Nov 22, 2017
  3. bsod windows 10 when connected to internet

Update the Realtek High definition audio driver to version 6.0.1.7806:

http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/realtek_hd_audio.zip

Update the Realtek PCI-E Ethernet drivers to version 10.8.311.2016:

http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/realtek_pcielan_w10.zip

Update the Intel Management Engine Driver to version 9.5.15.1730:

http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/intel_me81_win78_xp.zip

Install the Nvidia Graphics driver version 368.69:

Download NVIDIA, GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla Drivers

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide an updated copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.
    The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two
    for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 22, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi NateHow,

The dump is unfortunately empty of information.

Please run the DM Log Collector from the posting instructions and upload the zip.

5. NateHow Win User
    DESKTOP-4KHGBHA-Thu_23_11_2017__81912_90.zip
    Hi axe0, my apologies. Here is the file.

NateHow, Nov 22, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Out of 10, how many times does a BSOD occur after you connected to internet?

7. NateHow Win User
    I'd say 10/10. Every time I connect to the internet, a BSOD would occur, sometimes instantly, sometimes a minute or so.

NateHow, Nov 22, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

Do you connect via cable or USB adapter?
    If via adapter, check the manufacturer for driver updates or reinstall the most recent version.
    If via cable, check ASUS for driver updates or reinstall the most recent version.

9. NateHow Win User
    I updated the driver for my USB adapter. This time, the computer was ok for a few minutes, but then it crashed with the same BSOD again.
    The thing is, the driver for the adapter did not include Windows 10, so I updated it with the Windows 7 version instead.

NateHow, Nov 23, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    zbook, Nov 23, 2017
  11. NateHow Win User
    Also, I should clarify that the problem persists after a clean installation of Windows 10 via "Reset This PC." The same thing occurs in Safe Mode with Networking.

NateHow, Nov 23, 2017
  12. NateHow Win User
    NateHow, Nov 23, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

There's either a compatibility issue with the drivers or the USB itself is faulty, in either way I would recommend replacement for a USB network adapter that is compatible wih Windows 10.

14. NateHow Win User
    Thanks for the advice but the current USB adapter has been functioning well since I've upgraded to Windows 10 quite a while ago, till now, unfortunately. I've tried using a different USB adapter that functions fine on another Windows 10 system and it has also resulted in the same "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" BSOD. Also, while installing the wireless utility for the adapter, the computer resulted in a BSOD with "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED." DESKTOP-4KHGBHA-Sat_25_11_2017__00203_45.zip

NateHow, Nov 23, 2017
  15. NateHow Win User
    I've tried doing sfc /scannow (to which it did not find any integrity errors) and even replaced RAM. What else could the problem be? Is my motherboard/GPU damaged? The problem started about a week ago when I was editing videos in Sony Vegas. I think I started getting BSODs with "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" and "UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION" after rendering videos. After that, I reset my PC which did not help.

However, I've disabled the Windows Update service and my PC was fine for a few days until I did an in-place upgrade, hoping to fix the problem. While attempting to install updates in the setup phase, the PC crashed. So, I skipped the "connect to a network" step in order to skip Windows from updating. This is where I'm stuck at now.*Confused

NateHow, Nov 23, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD When Connected to the Internet - Similar Threads - BSOD Connected Internet

2. SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD when connecting to the internet ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD when connecting to the internet ??: Hello all,I'm actually not sure if this would be the right place to post this, or what would that place be for the matter...Anyway, I'm coming across the SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes after logging on Windows.So, I started...
  3. SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD when connecting to the internet ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD when connecting to the internet ??: Hello all,I'm actually not sure if this would be the right place to post this, or what would that place be for the matter...Anyway, I'm coming across the SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes after logging on Windows.So, I started...
  4. Computer BSoD when connecting to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSoD when connecting to internet: My computer is bluescreening when it connects to the internet. It crashes with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I tried disabling some drivers but it didn't work. I did a virus scan and nothing showed up. Everything works fine when not connected to the internet. How do I fix...
  5. BSOD when Win10 PC connects to the internet

BSOD when Win10 PC connects to the internet: My PC was stuck in in a BSOD loop. I finally narrowed it down the the network driver. If disabled, I could use all not network things fine, but within a minute of reenabling the ethernet network driver, I would get a BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. I then attempted to use...
  6. BSoD When I'm not connected to internet

BSoD When I'm not connected to internet: Hi there, I have a big problem whit my PC and I don't know what to do about it. Every single time that my PC is NOT connected to the internet I get the BSoD. If I turn on my PC and there is NOT internet connection I immediately get the BSoD and it restarts in the...
  7. No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected: This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done. Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection...
  8. Internet connectivity and BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet connectivity and BSOD: Hi guys, I've recently completed a new build PC, and all seemed to be going well until I finished updating Windows at which point my internet connectivity became patchy. I've tried both WiFi and ethernet connections with the same symptoms - basically, my browser (Chrome)...
  9. BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER only when connect to internet

BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER only when connect to internet: hello everyone ... I'm new here and I am realy hopeful that you guys can help me to solve this problem ... I got BAD_POOL_CALLER an random times only and only when connecting to internet ... I update my ethernet driver and try different browsers but problem still happens...
  10. BSOD Bad Pool Header When Connecting To Internet

BSOD Bad Pool Header When Connecting To Internet: Hi, I'm getting a bad pool header bsod. It happens when I connect to the internet. I started getting this error when the installed on date for bitdefender in programs and features changed randomly ( which has happened twice now.) I'm not sure if this is to do with malware....