Windows 10: BSOD when connecting an Xbox Controller through a Thunderbolt 3 dock

Discus and support BSOD when connecting an Xbox Controller through a Thunderbolt 3 dock in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day. As the title suggests, I'm having issues while connecting an XBOX Cotroller to my PC using a TB3 dock. I get a BSOD and the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MisterDowns, Feb 1, 2021.

1. BSOD when connecting an Xbox Controller through a Thunderbolt 3 dock

Good day.

As the title suggests, I'm having issues while connecting an XBOX Cotroller to my PC using a TB3 dock. I get a BSOD and the computer restarts. I'm running over Windows 10 v 20H2 OS Build 19042.746

I have a few Minidump files, but I'm not sure how to share them. I inspected them with WinDbg and see this:

WDF_VIOLATION 10d

The Kernel-Mode Driver Framework was notified that Windows detected an error

in a framework-based driver. In general, the dump file will yield additional

information about the driver that caused this bug check.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000007, A driver attempted to delete a framework object incorrectly

by calling WdfObjectDereference to delete a handle instead

of calling WdfObjectDelete.

Arg2: 0000527ae00229b8, Reserved.

Arg3: ffffad851ffdd640, Reserved.

Arg4: ffffad851fe8ade0, Reserved.

Debugging Details:

------------------

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1

Key : Analysis.CPU.Sec

Value: 3

Key : Analysis.DebugAnalysisProvider.CPP

Value: Create: 8007007e on QUANTUMW

Key : Analysis.DebugData

Value: CreateObject

Key : Analysis.DebugModel

Key : Analysis.Elapsed.Sec

Value: 5

Key : Analysis.Memory.CommitPeak.Mb

Value: 88

Key : Analysis.System

BUGCHECK_CODE: 10d

BUGCHECK_P1: 7

BUGCHECK_P2: 527ae00229b8

BUGCHECK_P3: ffffad851ffdd640

BUGCHECK_P4: ffffad851fe8ade0

BLACKBOXBSD: 1 !blackboxbsd

BLACKBOXNTFS: 1 !blackboxntfs

BLACKBOXPNP: 1 !blackboxpnp

BLACKBOXWINLOGON: 1

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

PROCESS_NAME: System

LOCK_ADDRESS: fffff8054be44bc0 -- !locks fffff8054be44bc0

Resource @ nt!PiEngineLock 0xfffff8054be44bc0 Exclusively owned

Contention Count = 14

Threads: ffffad851f60b2c0-01<*>

1 total locks

PNP_TRIAGE_DATA:

Lock address : 0xfffff8054be44bc0

Thread Count : 1

Thread address: 0xffffad851f60b2c0

Thread wait : 0x899

Thanks in advance

:)

MisterDowns, Feb 1, 2021

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 1, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Belkin Introduces Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD

Belkin, the market leader in mobile accessories, today announced the Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD. The Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD plugs into devices with a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port. With 40 Gbps data transfer rates, dual 4K video support and 85 Watts of power delivery, the Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD is a complete single-cable docking solution providing connectivity and power to your notebook.

"Belkin has a long-standing history of designing complementary peripherals and accessories for the industry's most innovative hardware products, such as the all-new MacBook Pro," said Steve Malony, vice president and general manager, Belkin. "The new Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD and its exceptional single-cable docking solution for notebooks was developed with a deep understanding of consumers' needs for ideal connectivity solutions."

BSOD when connecting an Xbox Controller through a Thunderbolt 3 dock 126a_thm.jpg

"Thunderbolt 3 delivers the most advanced single-cable docks available," said Jason Ziller, Intel's director of Thunderbolt marketing. "We are thrilled Belkin will provide groundbreaking connectivity on their docks for Mac and PC."

Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD features:
    • True single-cable docking solution
    • Dual 4K video or single 5K output and 85W of power delivery powering your computer through a 0.5m Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) 40Gbps cable
    • Daisy-chain up to five Thunderbolt devices from the dock
    • Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
    • Three USB-A 3.0 ports (1.5A charging each)
    • One DisplayPort
    • One Audio In/Out port; one Audio Out port
    • One Gigabit Ethernet port
    • Included 170W power adapter provides enough power to support attached peripherals while delivering up to 85W of power to your computer through included Thunderbolt 3 cable
    Belkin today also introduced its USB-C to HDMI Adapter featuring up to 4K resolution at 60Hz and two Thunderbolt 3 cables, 0.5m and 2m, supporting up to 40 Gbps data transfer rates.

btarunr, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Chino Win User

BSOD when connecting an Xbox Controller through a Thunderbolt 3 dock

Elgato Announces Their New Portable Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock at CES 2018

Elgato today announced Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock, a groundbreaking solution that brings the industry-leading reliability and performance of Thunderbolt 3 to a portable dock form factor. Featuring HDMI, DisplayPort, USB 3, and gigabit Ethernet ports, Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock eliminates the need for four separate adapters without compromising data bandwidth or power delivery. Up to 40 Gbps throughput guarantees that every port operates reliably at full performance, regardless of what is connected to the other ports.

The dock is powered by its rugged, built-in Thunderbolt 3 cable, which stows neatly in its base for transport. Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock will be available in spring 2018. Pricing will be announced at a later date.

BSOD when connecting an Xbox Controller through a Thunderbolt 3 dock SfqpUdHGMo7tV9mb_thm.jpg

"Thunderbolt 3 is the only standard that offers full performance and stability when simultaneously running 4K video and high bandwidth data signals over a single port," said Markus Fest, General Manager, Elgato Systems. "With Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock, building sure-fire setups becomes possible whenever and wherever you work."

"Thunderbolt 3 delivers unrivaled single-cable docking solutions", said Jason Ziller, General Manager, Client Connectivity Division at Intel, "the Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock introduces a whole new category by packing Thunderbolt 3 performance into a sleek, portable design."

Technical Specifications
    System Requirements
    • Mac: macOS Sierra 10.12 or later, Thunderbolt 3 port
    • PC: Windows 10 or later, Thunderbolt 3 port
    Ports
    • DisplayPort 1.2 (up to 4096 x 2160 pixels at 60 Hz)
    • HDMI 2.0 (up to 4096 x 2160 pixels at 60 Hz). Supports HDCP 2.2.
    • RJ45 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
    • USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gb/s) 0.9 A, supports UASP.

Chino, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

BSOD when connecting an Xbox Controller through a Thunderbolt 3 dock

1. BSOD when connecting an Xbox Controller through a Thunderbolt 3 dock - Similar Threads - BSOD connecting Xbox

2. Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11: I've been trying to connect a thunderbolt 3 dock from Lenovo to my Windows 11 PC, without success. When I start up the PC with the dock connected, this error appears.I can't find how to solve it. In the thunderbolt control center, the dock appears as connected, but cannot be...
  3. Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11: I've been trying to connect a thunderbolt 3 dock from Lenovo to my Windows 11 PC, without success. When I start up the PC with the dock connected, this error appears.I can't find how to solve it. In the thunderbolt control center, the dock appears as connected, but cannot be...
  4. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....
  5. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....
  6. Random Freezes with Thunderbolt dock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freezes with Thunderbolt dock: System Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 9310 Fully up to date according to Windows Update and Dell SupportAssist Razer Core v2 with RTX 2070 No firmware updates available for Razer Core. Graphics driver up to date according to GeForce Experience I have been using this setup successfully...
  7. Win 10 laptop blue screen when connect to device through thunderbolt 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 laptop blue screen when connect to device through thunderbolt 3: Hi guys My laptops tried 2 laptops turn to be blue screen when I connect device using thunderbolt 3. Screenshot is attached. Any ideas? [IMG] Thanks...
  8. How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...: I have a Lenovo yoga 920 running windows 10, with no HDMI or DisplayPort. I have an apple thunderbolt 3 male/thunderbolt 2 female, adapter. Then I have an old Displayport to HDMI cable. (FYI: thunderbolt 2 and display port used the same connector) When I plug all this...
  9. Infuriatingly Difficult To Keep Computer Asleep (Thunderbolt 3 Docked)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Infuriatingly Difficult To Keep Computer Asleep (Thunderbolt 3 Docked): Bot Friendly Keywords: "Keep Computer Asleep" "Thunderbolt 3 keep waking up" "Waking up from dock connected peripherals". Im using a 5th Gen X1 Carbon laptop connected to a lenovo Thunderbolt 3 dock, linked to a 4k Monitor, logitech wireless mouse (G900) and wired keyboard....
  10. Dell Thunderbolt Dock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock: I recently purchased a Dell Thunderbolt dock for my Precision 3520. I hooked up my Logitech universal receiver to the Thunderbolt dock. The mouse and keyboard have significant lags (the keyboard repeats itself periodically). As soon as I move the receiver back to the laptop,...