Windows 10: BSOD when connecting to network (Ethernet and Wifi)

Discus and support BSOD when connecting to network (Ethernet and Wifi) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Debug report attached. Attachment 27187 10844 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scooney84, Jul 30, 2015.

1. scooney84 Win User

BSOD when connecting to network (Ethernet and Wifi)

Debug report attached.

Attachment 27187

:)

scooney84, Jul 30, 2015
  2. R.Morris Win User

Windows 10; Network Name

I have the same problem.

I have both WiFi and Ethernet on my home network. I use Ethernet in my home office as its out of range of my WiFi but for some strange reason my Ethernet Network Name has now been renamed to be the same as my WiFi SSID name?

This is what I would usually see in Network Sharing Centre:-

When connected to Wired Network

Network Name = HomeNet

Connections = Ethernet

When connected to WiFi Network with SSID (HomeWirelessNet)

Network Name = HomeWirelessNet

Connections = WiFi (HomeWirelessNet)

However, for some reason I now see the following:-

When connected to Wired Network

Connections = Ethernet

When connected to WiFi Network with SSID (HomeWirelessNet)

Connections = WiFi (HomeWirelessNet)

No matter if connected by Ethernet or WiFi my Network Name seems to show as the SSID of my WiFi network?

I can use either secpol.msc or regedit to change my Ethernet Network Name to what I want, but as soon as I re-connect to my WiFi network in the evening when I'm in the living room, the Ethernet Network Name is immediately overwritten again with the SSID
    of my WiFi Network as before, I'm right back to square one again. FRUSTRATING!!

So is Microsoft saying I have to edit the registry to rename my Ethernet Network Name every time I disconnect from my WiFi network?

This is ridiculous, come on Microsoft, get this fixed asap.

R.Morris, Jul 30, 2015
  3. How to use laptop Ethernet port and WiFi for different networks at the same time?

Hi,

I need to use both the Ethernet port and WiFi to connect different networks at the same time with details below:

- Ethernet port - connects to private network (intranet via switch)

- WiFi - connects to public network (internet via router/modem)

What I am seeing with Windows 10 is that Ethernet port will always has higher priority than the WiFi - when the Ethernet port is connected (even with unidentified network) the Wifi will automatically disconnect itself.

So, what are the setting I need to make get them connect to the different networks i need?

Please help. Thanks.

Regards,

Peter

PeterLiew83, Jul 30, 2015
  4. scooney84 Win User

I upgraded a Lenovo X301 Windows 7 x64 to Windows 10 pro yesterday and whenever I attempt to connect to the internet I will receive a BSOD. I can only get back into windows by turning off wifi and/or removing the ethernet cable. I can boot into safe mode and access internet just fine which tells me it might not be a driver issue.. I have disabled all start up programs and removed all anti virus applications as well. Please help. Thanks.

scooney84, Jul 30, 2015
  5. iTsLyonA Win User
    I am having the same problem. If there is a fix and you have gotten it please let me know. It happened while trying to install a program for me. I tried everything to get rid of the program but it's in Spanish and its telling me I can't. I know probably the only way to fix this is restoring but I do not want to. PLEASE HELP

iTsLyonA, Sep 23, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please read How to upload files

@scooney84, I'm very sorry for the huge delay, there aren't many people in this section. Are you stille requiring help?

7. Dadicator Win User
    Dadicator, Mar 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when connecting to network (Ethernet and Wifi) - Similar Threads - BSOD connecting network

2. wifi wont auto connect when ethernet is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi wont auto connect when ethernet is connected: WIFI wont auto connect when ethernet is connected.Checked the internet services Reinstall the wifi driverChanged the adapter properties < Disable all Power management options....
  3. wifi wont auto connect when ethernet is connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi wont auto connect when ethernet is connected: WIFI wont auto connect when ethernet is connected.Checked the internet services Reinstall the wifi driverChanged the adapter properties < Disable all Power management options....
  4. WIFI Network interrmittenly drops Ethernet Connected PC from the WIFI Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Network interrmittenly drops Ethernet Connected PC from the WIFI Network: 4 PC's are connected to my Wifi network2 PC's are laptop and 2 are desktop which are ethernet connected1 specific intermittently fails to appear on the Network menu's on the laptopA printer is connected via USB to the Desktop is not available for printing while when the...
  5. WIFI Network interrmittenly drops Ethernet Connected PC from the WIFI Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI Network interrmittenly drops Ethernet Connected PC from the WIFI Network: 4 PC's are connected to my Wifi network2 PC's are laptop and 2 are desktop which are ethernet connected1 specific intermittently fails to appear on the Network menu's on the laptopA printer is connected via USB to the Desktop is not available for printing while when the...
  6. WIFI Network interrmittenly drops Ethernet Connected PC from the WIFI Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No wifi and no connection when connected to ethernet

No wifi and no connection when connected to ethernet: Hello, I feel like I've tried everything I've found on here but I'm sure there's a fix. I have an ASUS K73E that after updating from Windows 7 to 10 is no longer connecting to the internet. I've tried toggling F2 and no wifi. I'm currently plugged in to the ethernet cable and...
  8. Ethernet or Wifi connection

Ethernet or Wifi connection: If I am connected to the internet with both the ethernet and WIFI connections, how can I tell which one is in use?Is it possible that they are both being used?Will my PC automatically choose the better one?...
  9. Bsod when I connect to a wifi network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod when I connect to a wifi network: Every time I try to join a wifi network, my computer crash within a few seconds. It says "system service exception" igdkmd64.sys in the bsod. So I just cant connect to the internet anymore.. im on my phone right now. I need help please! Windows 10 from win7 Intel...
  10. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...