Windows 10: BSOD when copying files from host to guest VMware workstation VMs.

Discus and support BSOD when copying files from host to guest VMware workstation VMs. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am encountering BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA whenever I attempt to copy files from my host machine into my VMware Workstation VMs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J3r3my, Oct 12, 2020.

1. J3r3my Win User

BSOD when copying files from host to guest VMware workstation VMs.

Hello,

I am encountering BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA whenever I attempt to copy files from my host machine into my VMware Workstation VMs. It is not VM specific but happens to different VMs as well. This occurs 7 out of 10 times and I can't identify the cause of it and it's driving me crazy not knowing when my host machine will bluescreen on me in the middle of my work. This never happen in the past, maybe only after I've upgraded my host machine to ver 2004. I'm hoping not to have to rollback to my windows 10 installation but can anyone help take a look at the dump files?

My system is currently a Windows 10 Enterprise ver 2004, build 19041.508.

:)

J3r3my, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Ghostlex Win User

VMware Workstation 15 hangs and vmware-vmx is unkillable.

I have installed VMware Workstation 15.0.2 on a Windows 10 Enterprise 18348.19h1 host and am encountering a weird issue. When I start a VM, it doesn't boot but gets stuck on a black window. If I try to force reset it or anything like that, the
    UI for power controls is disabled and if I try to manually kill vmware-vmx.exe, it just won't die. I've tried with Process Hacker and with Task Manager, to no avail. The only way to kill vmware-vmx.exe is to restart my host. The host is a Dell Inspiron 3650
    with an Intel Core i3 6100, 8GBs of DDR3 RAM, a WD Blue 1TB HD and Intel HD Graphics 530. I have also downgraded to VMware Workstation 15.0.1 which also didn't fix the issue. The guest is Ubuntu 18.04, however no matter what OS i'm running in the guest, this
    happens regardless.

Ghostlex, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

Hyper-V Integration Services

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, Oct 12, 2020
  4. 3D Jed Win User

Can't drag and drop to Windows 10 guest on VM Workstation

I have been using VMware Workstation with various OS's for a while and think it's great. However with my Windows 10 x64 TP guest, even though I installed VM tools - it's almost like VM tools isn't running. I can't drag and drop files from host to VM desktop, and although USB flash drives say connected, they don't appear in file explorer.

I installed 10 as an 8 VM, if you get my drift, so it's either me doing something stupid or 10 being a bit too new for full Workstation 10 functionality. Have uninstalled/reinstalled VM tools. Any suggestions welcome.

3D Jed, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD when copying files from host to guest VMware workstation VMs. - Similar Threads - BSOD copying files

2. Shared VMs are back (temporarily) in VMware Workstation 16.1.0

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Shared VMs are back (temporarily) in VMware Workstation 16.1.0: In the new release of VMware workstation Pro (16.1.0) , the previously removed feature "Shared VMs" is back. I guess that it wasn't just me that was bent about that feature being removed. VMware states that the feature is deprecated but it will remain through the lifetime of...
  3. Shared VMs are back (temporarily) in VMware Workstation 6.1.0

Shared VMs are back (temporarily) in VMware Workstation 6.1.0: In the new release of VMware workstation Pro (16.1.0) , the previously removed feature "Shared VMs" is back. I guess that it wasn't just me that was bent about that feature being removed. VMware states that the feature is deprecated but it will remain through the lifetime of...
  4. Wow - VMware has killed off Shared VMs in VMware Workstation 16

Wow - VMware has killed off Shared VMs in VMware Workstation 16: One of the great features in VMware workstation was the ability to create Shared VMs. There were several good things about these VMs, only one of which was that they could start automatically without having to log onto the host system. In VMware Workstation 16 that feature...
  5. VMWare Windows Guest on Linux Host - start remotely from command line

VMWare Windows Guest on Linux Host - start remotely from command line: Hi folks I want to start a Windows guest (VMWare Wks) machine on a Linux Host michine - remotely -- the linux server is running "headless". I can logon from a remote Windows or Linux laptop via SSH - no problem but i'm confused as to start the VM. There is a command vmrun...
  6. Guest Operating Systems on Vmware Workstation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest Operating Systems on Vmware Workstation: I have 64-bit Windows 10 on my computer. The CPU is Intel B960 no virtualization. I want to run 32-bit Windows 10 on Vmware Workstation 15. Every time I try to do it Vmware Workstation informs me that... 'This host does not support Intel VT-x. This host does not support...
  7. Hyper-V vs VMWare (In context of copying files from host to guest)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hyper-V vs VMWare (In context of copying files from host to guest): I know that when copying files from host to guest, "DataExchangeHost.exe" is used to exchange data.. now this happens when we are using Hyper-V as as a hypervisor... my question is what is the similar executable in case of using VMWare as a hypervisor instead of Hyper-V?...
  8. VmWare Workstation 12.5.9: how to share folders between VMs?

VmWare Workstation 12.5.9: how to share folders between VMs?: Hi all, I need to run a CMD command in a VM that would need the access of Windows folder from another VM. While it is easy to set host folders to be shared with the VM, how to share folders between VMs? *Confused Thank you. 144631
  9. Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze

Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze: Hello all, Im having an interesting issue where it seems like any guest OS I install into VMWare crashes or freezes shortly after being powered on. Right now I have a Windows 8.1 x64 VM and a Fedora Workstation 25 x64 VM and they both lock up on me. I have no idea whats...
  10. BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity): Hi All, On a rock solid machine (to date) I got a BSOD. During this time I was using Unity (VMWare Pro), and the host crashed (not the client VM). I did try the tool at OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers, which seems to claim that the culprit was...