Windows 10: BSOD When Downloading a Game From Micorsoft Store

Discus and support BSOD When Downloading a Game From Micorsoft Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently, whenever I try to download a game and only games from the Microsoft Store and the Xbox Beta App my computer will freeze and transition into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Oovi, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Oovi Win User

BSOD When Downloading a Game From Micorsoft Store

Recently, whenever I try to download a game and only games from the Microsoft Store and the Xbox Beta App my computer will freeze and transition into a blue screen. I've tried to fix this myself multiples times by reinstalling programs, resetting the Microsoft store, clearing caches, updating my drivers and much more. I have plenty of disk space and I'm pretty sure there isn't a hardware issue.

I've also downloaded other apps besides games to see if there was a bigger problem but the only problem with them was a really slow download speed.

My last resort is to reinstall Windows, but I really don't want to go through that.

My Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-4300

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950

Here's a link to some minidumps if that helps: Minidumps

:)

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 26, 2019
  4. BSOD When Downloading a Game From Micorsoft Store

not able to download games from store

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues with downloading games from the Windows Store. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Your account may be restricted from downloading games that are inappropriate for your age.
    • Games you're trying to download are not available in your current region.
    • Corrupted app data
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using an adult or a child account?
    • Is the Microsoft account you're using in the Windows Store app the same as your Windows 10 user account?
    • Are you using an administrator user account?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with downloading and installing games from the Windows Store.

Catherine Cus., Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

BSOD When Downloading a Game From Micorsoft Store

1. BSOD When Downloading a Game From Micorsoft Store - Similar Threads - BSOD Downloading Game

2. error when downloading game from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error when downloading game from microsoft store: when installing minecraft get error code 0x8D053CF3 and when installing roblox get error code 0x80248014 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-downloading-game-from-microsoft-store/6bf54b0f-7997-40f4-8067-246985b26eb8
  3. error when downloading game from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error when downloading game from microsoft store: when installing minecraft get error code 0x8D053CF3 and when installing roblox get error code 0x80248014 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-downloading-game-from-microsoft-store/6bf54b0f-7997-40f4-8067-246985b26eb8
  4. Error code when downloading game from MS store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error code when downloading game from MS store: I'm getting Error Code: 0x80070424 while trying to download grounded but its done it to multiple games and I've tried everything I know of. I've done wsreset.exe, I've tried running PowerShell commands, resetting it in Settings > Apps > MS Reset. please help as soon as...
  5. Micorsoft Store Specific Download Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micorsoft Store Specific Download Extremely Slow: Hello I was wondering if I could get some help with my Microsoft Store on my laptop. For the past few days I have been trying to download an App "Dead by Daylight" to be exact. However for some reason it installs extremly slow and will often refuse to even begin the download....
  6. Issue with downloading a game from the store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with downloading a game from the store: Today I bought and tried to download Gears of War Ultimate Edition from the Microsoft store but while it was downloading my laptop shut itself down because I didn't have it plugged in. When i go back into the store, the partially completed download has disappeared and it's...
  7. Issue with downloading a game from the store

Issue with downloading a game from the store: Today I bought and tried to download Gears of War Ultimate Edition from the Microsoft store but while it was downloading my laptop shut itself down because I didn't have it plugged in. When i go back into the store, the partially completed download has disappeared and it's...
  8. Downloading games from Microsoft store

Downloading games from Microsoft store: I am trying to reinstall 2 games and start 3 more. I says it is pending and the other 4 all say Starting Download. They have all sat like this for 4-5 hours doing nothing. I can either download them or remove them. My skills are very basic so what can I do?...
  9. Unable to download games from store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download games from store: Im trying to download my gamepass games on another computer but its telling me to update my PC to install the game. I checked and it tells me that my PC is up to date but the store still shows the "Update your PC to play this game" and when I click it, it brings me to aka.ms...
  10. Download games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download games from microsoft store: hey guys, I have a question (duh) my band back at home is a crime, slow as hell. My GF for the other hand have a good connection. New on xbox game pass PC here and I want to know if is possible to download the games to my external HD, using my GF band but using my account,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox (beta crashing when downloading bsod