Windows 10: BSOD When downloading cs go over steam/installing it

Discus and support BSOD When downloading cs go over steam/installing it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, this is really my first time writing ANY topic online. But here goes, I bought a gaming laptop, an MSI gt72vr 7re Dominator Pro,I have had for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by zula95, Oct 6, 2018.

1. zula95 Win User

BSOD When downloading cs go over steam/installing it

So, this is really my first time writing ANY topic online. But here goes,

I bought a gaming laptop, an MSI gt72vr 7re Dominator Pro,I have had for one year, you can check online for specs and stuff, im playing quite a lot of games, from online to offline and never really had any problems. My brother asked me to play Counter strike Global offensive with him, so I downloaded steam, bought the game, started dowloading it and it worked just fine for a while. I stopped for a few months, then came back again to play. Update ran, installed the game again, worked just fine for a few hours, then it started crashing. So i uninstalled and installed again, it crashed again and again, and after a while I started getting Blue screen MEMORY MANAGEMENT. Whenever I open steam up, and try downloading cs go again, I instantly get a bsod.. well not instantly, but in 5 minutes-ish. I did some research online, did memory diagnostics, and as soon as it starts theres a message that says "hardware defect, look up a computer repair service", or something along those lines. So I uninstalled steam cause im stubborn and refuse to believe that my ram is faulty. Uninstalled steam and cs go, voila, everything works just fine. No crashes, no nothing. I even turned on 4-5 games, league of legends, dark souls, nino kuni, nier etc etc. I hit about 80% ram usage, no crash, no blue screen. Im at a point where i am just clueless as to why its happening, I hope someone can help me. I know you need details, logs, and all that good stuff, but sadly I dont know what to send, where it is and stuff, so you gotta point the way. I hope its not a bother..

if anyone could help me, id be very grateful to you.
    by the way, my operative system is windows 10.

:)

zula95, Oct 6, 2018

2. bsod when installing steam

this is pretty freaky...it gives me a BSOD when i double click steam in download manager, heres everything i have installed atm:

i installed it on my last 2 reformat's and it worked fine...

Braveheart, Oct 6, 2018
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Steam does not install from disk?!?!

no you're doing steps 1 and 2 wrong. steam creates the directory, you stop steam and then you install the game from the disk to that directory.

also steam must be off, not in offline mode but off, aka no steam services in the task manager when you install the game.

yogurt_21, Oct 6, 2018
  4. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD When downloading cs go over steam/installing it - Similar Threads - BSOD downloading steam

2. BSOD when installing ESO from steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when installing ESO from steam: Idk if this is the right thread for this or if anyone can help but I just bought ESO for my computer yesterday. In the midst of it downloading and verifying the download within the client, my computer gets the BSOD with Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area error. I’m not sure why. My...
  3. BSOD when installing ESO from steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when installing ESO from steam: Idk if this is the right thread for this or if anyone can help but I just bought ESO for my computer yesterday. In the midst of it downloading and verifying the download within the client, my computer gets the BSOD with Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area error. I’m not sure why. My...
  4. BSoD when downloading steam games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSoD when downloading steam games: I have just installed a new ssd to my pc. It was working fine till i started to download my games to new disc. I am usually leaving my pc open overnight if i am downloading a big sized game. I had no issue with my old drive. I still have no issue when i directly download...
  5. CS GO FPS low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CS GO FPS low?: I have a Msi rtx 2070 super ventus / ryzen 5 3600 and the game is installed on a Kingston SSD but still I have about 140 fps in cs:Go although others have double that with the same graka. I found a video that plays the game and the person has the same GPU / CPU. And it has...
  6. downloading games on steam - BSOD randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloading games on steam - BSOD randomly: When I'm downloading games on steam I have BSOD randomly. Windows 10 1909 GTX 1070 Here the minidump ************* Symbol Path validation summary ************** Response Time ms Location Deferred...
  7. Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO

Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO: Okay, this has proven to be a difficult problem for me to solve, and I've tried so many forums you guys might be my last hope. Whenever I play CS GO randomly at times either right when I start, during a match or when I try to close the game CS GO will crash and restart my...
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam: I recently got myself a new PC, i installed Windows 10 Education with a bootable USB-Stick and downloaded and installed all the drivers. I can browse the Internet for hours and hours and nothing bad ever happens, but whenever I start a download in Steam my PC crashes and I...
  9. some kind of firewall error for steam games Cs go

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    some kind of firewall error for steam games Cs go: [ATTACH] Kindly provide me possible solution for this. Every time it shows some kind of VAC error in cs go. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-kind-of-firewall-error-for-steam-games-cs-go/3ec51b5d-6d01-4a4e-a51a-926086f27f38"
  10. BSOD when downloading games on steam

BSOD when downloading games on steam: I just got a new computer built and got a new monitor along with it but a problem has arose. I can use the computer but when something that required a lot of RAM or just a lot of priority to open for example "Steam" the software in which you can download games and such...