Windows 10: Bsod when downloading large files Bugcheck 124 memory_corruption.sys

Discus and support Bsod when downloading large files Bugcheck 124 memory_corruption.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, first post and new to the forum. Built a new pc in the last 7 days and have been having constant bsod issues. Initially It was happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by n00byn00b, Aug 23, 2019.

1. n00byn00b Win User

Bsod when downloading large files Bugcheck 124 memory_corruption.sys

Hey guys, first post and new to the forum.

Built a new pc in the last 7 days and have been having constant bsod issues.

Initially It was happening randomly even after all manufacturer drivers up to date and windows updates complete. Mostly happened during downloading large files and I was also unable to open any games. Also occuring randomly under general use or even idle overnight.

After a few clean wipes and fresh windows installs and even creating a second usb win10 install media (just in case) the bsods have been reduced greatly but are still occuring. I can now open most games and play them no worries.

The only thing I have done different is the new usb install media + I also let windows update after the manufacturer drivers were installed instead of before. I also have not installed ICUE (corsair cooler control software) this time either.

One thing to note was that I was able to download large game files + install all third party software I usually use and the pc ran for 6+ hours no issues (after manufacturer drivers installed) but before I let win10 auto update for the first time on this last fresh install, I also played some of my usual games for 20-30 mins each to test. BSOD (Bugcheck code: 0x9C)(intelppm.sys )occured only when trying to play subnautica below zero, which is an incomplete game in its early stages and very buggy any way.

After I felt comfortable that the issue wasnt manufacturer drivers or maybe third party software I let the updates occur and then left my pc on overnight downloading some more large game files. I woke up and discovered that 2 hours after the updates occured, BSOD (Bugcheck code: 0x124 - memory_corruption.sys) happened again.

I have stress tested the cpu with OCCT for 4+ hours with no errors, memtest86 on each stick for 8 passes each with no errors, run chkdsk on both drives plus also checked both drives with third party software (seagate tool and hdtunepro).

I have attached the V2 log collector file I just ran.

Any help appreciated.

:)

n00byn00b, Aug 23, 2019
  2. philc43 Win User

BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files

I'm looking into the file now and there are a few things I notice:

Code:
    Code:
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys  igdkmd64+0x120ce8
    The graphics driver seems to be different to the one recommended for your system. I would suggest you keep to the DELL recommended version (Version: 21.20.16.4590 ,A11). The one currently installed is 21.20.16.4627

The bugcheck was a 3B so was different from the last one posted - I'm guessing you must have had another BSOD since then which has overwritten the 1E bugcheck.

The analysis still suggests memory corruption.
    Code:
    Code:
    BugCheck 3B, {80000003, fffff801ba4919c4, ffffa90023983940, 0} Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup:     memory_corruption
    Have you tried running the full diagnostics (41min) on the DELL site for your system? I saw that you had run a quick diagnostics on 26th May.

philc43, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) on intel nuc NUC7i3BN and 1809 17763.104

Analysis

File Name: 092018-6718-01.dmp

BugCheck 124

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

File Name: 092018-9953-01.dmp

BugCheck 1A

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

File Name: 092218-11843-01.dmp

BugCheck EF

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe

File Name: 100518-9062-01.dmp

BugCheck 9F

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image

File Name: 100918-10265-01.dmp

BugCheck 124

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys

File Name: 101718-15312-01.dmp

BugCheck 124

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for zam64.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ehdrv.sys

File Name: 101818-7734-01.dmp

BugCheck 124

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for eamonm.sys

File Name: 102818-9390-01.dmp

BugCheck 124

DRIVERS

Driver Name: iaStorA.sys - Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver

Driver Date: 12-Oct-2017

Driver Name: zam64.sys - Zemana ZAM AntiMalware driver

Driver Date: 17-Aug-2016

Driver Name: ehdrv.sys - ESET

Driver Date: 7-Aug-2018

Driver Name: igdkmd64.sys - Intel Graphics driver

Driver Date: 15-Aug-2018

Driver Name: eamonm.sys - ESET Amon driver

Driver Date: 16-Aug-2018

Recommendations

1. Create a system restore point so that if something wrong happens you can revert.

2. Uninstall ZAM AntiMaware (or try to update if you have a version beyond date given in zam64.sys)

3. Uninstall ESET (or try to update if you have a version beyond date given in ehdrv.sys and eamonm.sys)

4. Update your Intel Graphics driver

4. Download latest driver Intel RST driver from and install
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27984...

You need to download f6flpy-x64.zip (64-bit Operating System) / f6flpy-x86.zip (32bit Operating System)

5. Run Memtest for at least 8 passes (Do it overnight before going to bed)

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14201-memte...

Vijay_Verma, Aug 23, 2019
  4. rob909e Win User

rob909e, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Bsod when downloading large files Bugcheck 124 memory_corruption.sys - Similar Threads - Bsod downloading large

2. memory_corruption bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory_corruption bsod: Hello! i'am getting some random bsod's on my dell g15 ryzen version, and i can't see a pattern causing them. I appreciate the help, thankshere's the last minidump: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a # Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.Arguments:Arg1:...
  3. memory_corruption bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory_corruption bsod: Hello! i'am getting some random bsod's on my dell g15 ryzen version, and i can't see a pattern causing them. I appreciate the help, thankshere's the last minidump: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a # Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.Arguments:Arg1:...
  4. Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files / games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files / games: Hi,My computer has been running since February with largely no issues, and a lot of use, with the exception of when I download games. It doesn't just happen with one application, it happens if it's on Steam or Origin.I tried to troubleshoot it myself and update / roll back...
  5. BSOD with memory_corruption

BSOD with memory_corruption: Hello, I Have a BOSD error one or two times par day since one week. I don't change anything in the PC. Wtih Windbg, i have this : ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *... Read more
  6. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b caused by memory_corruption LARGE

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b caused by memory_corruption LARGE: I'm having a BSOD problem and Windbg reports that it is caused by memory corruption. Memory tests are passing, so I'm thinking it might be system file/driver corruption. Can you please check my MEMORY.DMP Crash Dump File and let me know where the problem is?...
  7. Unbelievably large .sys files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unbelievably large .sys files...: (I was unsure which topic to choose ; this might be more appropriate under the Windows settings topic (?)) Is it acceptable*, or normal, or whatever, for a "new" system with barely a couple gigabytes of personal data to have ridiculously oversized .sys files ? [ATTACH] I...
  8. BSOD Probably caused by : memory_corruption

BSOD Probably caused by : memory_corruption: Hi, My computer frequently has BSOD. I have used windbg to analyze 800mb dump file as attached bellow: please help , thank you! Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17763.1 X86 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  9. BSOD memory_corruption error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD memory_corruption error: I built a pc using some used parts and getting BSOD every now and then. I ran the Memory.DMP file on windbg and following are my result. Please help me identify the issue. thanks Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18206.1001 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft...
  10. Memory_corruption bsod and disconnections when playing games

Memory_corruption bsod and disconnections when playing games: So I've been having a few bsod's over the past few weeks as well as a lot of odd disconnections when playing games online, but I used windbg and narrowed it down to my wireless card driver, which I deleted and plug and play reinstalled it. Unfortunately they don't have a...