Windows 10: BSoD when downloading steam games

Discus and support BSoD when downloading steam games in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just installed a new ssd to my pc. It was working fine till i started to download my games to new disc. I am usually leaving my pc open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alperkızmaz, Mar 16, 2021.

1. BSoD when downloading steam games

I have just installed a new ssd to my pc. It was working fine till i started to download my games to new disc. I am usually leaving my pc open overnight if i am downloading a big sized game. I had no issue with my old drive. I still have no issue when i directly download games to my old drive but when i try to download it in new one it just gives random BSoDs. Its cool when i move downloaded games to that disk. I never encountered bsods playing games that installed on that disk.

:)

alperkızmaz, Mar 16, 2021

2. BSOD during Steam game download!

I did manage to reinstall the network driver, and as well I reinstalled Steam and uninstalled my antivirus for the time being. I pulled the driver-only from MSI and will try that, but for the moment, I still continue to get the BSoD errors.

(Today 3:50PM) 071017-28437-01.zip

The last BSoD before this one is here as well:

(Today 2:30PM, before all the changes): 071017-40671-01.zip

I also performed a memtest, so it doesn't seem like the antivirus, steam or bad RAM are to blame so far, and I'll test the new-new KIller Network Driver momentarily. How come that 'ntoskrnl.exe' is always preceding the crashes? Is it a deeper problem? And
    how come it only affects this particular game's download so far? I guess I'll also test other games, since they were also uninstalled with Steam.

Thank you for the reply!

SnowballSnu, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 16, 2021
  4. BSoD when downloading steam games

BSOD when dowloading games on steam

Getting random BSODs with different codes when dowloading games on steam since the latest client update.

manindersingh5, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

BSoD when downloading steam games

1. BSoD when downloading steam games - Similar Threads - BSoD downloading steam

2. windows freeze when downloading games from steam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows freeze when downloading games from steam: hello, this problem happens only when i download games from steam. when the games start to download, it runs fine for a while, and then the computer start to lag and finally freeze stand still, even the ctrl + alt + del didn’t work, so i have to shut my pc down using the...
  3. Computer BSOD Crashing when downloading steam games and plugging in webcam, Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD Crashing when downloading steam games and plugging in webcam, Help!: Hello! I having been having challenges with my computer randomly BSOD on me, typically in games, downloading steam games/other install programs and plugging in my webcam. Once it crashed with the Logitech c920 webcam on and now itll crash every time if I plug in the webcam....
  4. downloading games on steam - BSOD randomly

downloading games on steam - BSOD randomly: When I'm downloading games on steam I have BSOD randomly. Windows 10 1909 GTX 1070 Here the minidump ************* Symbol Path validation summary ************** Response Time ms Location Deferred...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam: I recently got myself a new PC, i installed Windows 10 Education with a bootable USB-Stick and downloaded and installed all the drivers. I can browse the Internet for hours and hours and nothing bad ever happens, but whenever I start a download in Steam my PC crashes and I...
  6. Recurring BSOD when trying to download steam game - kmode_exception_not_handled ntfs.sys

Recurring BSOD when trying to download steam game - kmode_exception_not_handled ntfs.sys: Every time I try to install a game on steam (this game has been installed before, and I see other people playing it) My computer crashes and I get the BSOD, and my computer will boot up, and I can do everything else just fine, it's just this that is giving me problems, it...
  7. BSOD Steam Games Problems

BSOD Steam Games Problems: I've had recent problems that when I am playing steam games my computer it often restarts with BSOD errors. It is mostly Memory Management errors but now it varies a lot. I've tried as many of the fixes as possible but it doesn't seem to work. I also found that the Network...
  8. Steam non-responsive when attempting to download or add games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam non-responsive when attempting to download or add games: Hey guys So I have put up with this problem for a while now, but it is getting fairly annoying now, especially when purchasing humble bundles adding heaps of keys and trying to download games. It seems whenever I add a key to Steam, the application will go into the download...
  9. BSOD when downloading games from steam and watching dvds on VLC

BSOD when downloading games from steam and watching dvds on VLC: Hello everyone, I have been getting BSOD multiple times since I built this pc, which is only about a couple weeks old. Everything was fine for the first week or so, then It started when I was attempting to download a game from steam (elder scrolls online). During BSOD it...
  10. BSOD when downloading games on steam

BSOD when downloading games on steam: I just got a new computer built and got a new monitor along with it but a problem has arose. I can use the computer but when something that required a lot of RAM or just a lot of priority to open for example "Steam" the software in which you can download games and such...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting bsod while downloading steam games