Windows 10: BSOD when gaming windows 10

Discus and support BSOD when gaming windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ) use the HP support assistant > download it if not yet using it > update all HP drivers as needed . Intel Graphics driver needed an update, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stonebuster1, Nov 12, 2017.

1. BSOD when gaming windows 10

Intel Graphics driver needed an update, so I proceeded with that. Might make a difference?

Re-ran Sfc scan, Results--

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393](c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\windows\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Forexample C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently notsupported in offline servicing scenarios.C:\windows\system32>

stonebuster1, Nov 12, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

So the DISM fixed the OS and the SFC is finding the corruption again.
    This is a loop.
    You may be able to fix this with an in place upgrade repair.
    This would save the files and applications.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials

At this point if it were my computer I would return it and get another one as you should not have a corrupt operating system. Everything else may malfunction until it is fixed.

If you want to learn the technique we can do that but again it's much more fun to have a working computer from the start.

zbook, Nov 12, 2017
  3. If I reinstall/do a repair on windows 10 do you think it will fix the problem, or could it be the pc itself instead of the os causing the problem? At this point if theres no guarantee that repairing os will fix it i'll just get return it.

stonebuster1, Nov 12, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD when gaming windows 10

The sfc /scannow > dism restorehealth loop has happened many times on other computers.
    It should not be present on a new computer.

There are several ways to possibly fix the problem:
    1) in place upgrade repair: keeps files and applications
    2) save files > clean install

Method 2 starts with a fresh registry whereas method 1 has less depth in fixing registry problems.

So you could make a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    Power on the computer
    Open file explorer
    Insert the windows 10 iso into any USB port
    locate the windows 10 iso within file explorer
    click on it and launch setup or setup.exe
    Make sure that you do not click install as that is the method for a clean install.
    Instead look in the lower left corner for repair your computer.
    Then follow the steps in this link:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials

If you want to start with clean install and have your files backed up that will be done in a different fashion.
    Insert the windows 10 iso into any USB port
    Power on the computer and repetitively click the F9 key
    Select external USB hard drive
    Follow the steps in this link with text and images:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Nov 13, 2017
  5. I think saving my files and completely re-installing windows 10 looks like a better option for piece of mind. However i'm a bit worried that if I do that and lose the things that came with the pc (nvidia installations etc) on the os i wont be eligible for a refund/warranty cover if that makes sense. Also not sure what you mean by an iso, I didn't get anything that came with the pc to go into a USB port.
    Thanks

Edit: re-read the thread, I need a memory stick to transfer windows on to right? (the USB)

stonebuster1, Nov 13, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    The iso is free.
    It is provide by Microsoft.
    It is installed on a USB flash drive.
    The iso file is approximately 4 GB so see if you can find a 8 GB flash drive.
    Download Windows 10

To back up files you can
    1) make a backup image using Macrium
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    2) save the backup to another drive
    3) perform a clean install
    4) Use windows recovery to reinstall the image

Alternatively you can backup every file by copying the users folder to another drive.

This is the link for clean install:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

For HP computers:
    First insert the iso into any USB port.
    To boot to the USB power on and repetitively click the F9 key > click extern USB hard drive
    Then follow the link for the clean install deleting all partitions > making an unallocated drive > install windows 10 version 1709

To install drivers:
    Open the HP.com website
    hover the mouse over support and select software and drivers: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
    Enter the computer's product or serial number
    View available drivers (expand all)
    Download the HP support assistant then use it to install many drivers.
    There will be drivers that it does not install so make note of the drivers that it does and does not install and then return to the drivers and download the remaining drivers that it did not install.

To check the hardware:
    Download the HP UEFI diagnostics
    Power on the computer and repetitively click the F2 key
    That should open the UEFI diagnostics
    In the evening run the loop until failure test
    The next day after it has completed at least 2 loops press the keyboard escape key to abort the testing.
    View the logs to confirm the pass.
    The HP UEFI testing is designed to abort testing if any problems are found. So any fail will be an incomplete test.
    A bad battery can abort the testing of the rest of the hardware.
    If the loop until failure test is running the next day that is a good sign.
    The duration of the testing depends mostly on the size of the drive and the amount of RAM.

If there are any hardware concerns we use software testing that is more rigorous than the on board testing.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when gaming windows 10

1. BSOD when gaming windows 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD gaming

2. Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.: Hi there, I've been getting frequent BSOD's and game crashes recently and I'm hoping someone can help me analyze the dmp files as I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to it.0x12B_c00002c4_StCtDecompressFailed_nt!ST_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::StDmPageError...
  3. Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.: Hi there, I've been getting frequent BSOD's and game crashes recently and I'm hoping someone can help me analyze the dmp files as I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to it.0x12B_c00002c4_StCtDecompressFailed_nt!ST_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::StDmPageError...
  4. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  5. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  6. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  8. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  9. BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys: I just purchased a gaming laptop with AMD & NVIDIA in it.I've use this laptop for just 2 days, and these error getting out of hand.Here's the detailed what's happening:BSOD/Freeze/Unexpected shutdown every time I used it for playing gamesThis error always happening after 40 -...
  10. BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys

BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys: I just purchased a gaming laptop with AMD & NVIDIA in it.I've use this laptop for just 2 days, and these error getting out of hand.Here's the detailed what's happening:BSOD/Freeze/Unexpected shutdown every time I used it for playing gamesThis error always happening after 40 -...