Windows 10: BSOD When Gaming

Discus and support BSOD When Gaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I play any kind of game, roughly 8 or so minutes into the game, I get the BSOD. I don't seem to run into this problem when not gaming.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/J_Squiggle, Oct 2, 2020.

1. BSOD When Gaming

Whenever I play any kind of game, roughly 8 or so minutes into the game, I get the BSOD. I don't seem to run into this problem when not gaming. Watching videos, doing work with Word/Excel/etc., all of that is fine. It's just gaming. As it is a gaming computer, it's super frustrating!

I've tried a wipe and new install of Windows, but I'm still getting the same problem. I have the mini dump files, but the Microsoft app I downloaded to read them says I need administrator permission to load it into the app (I am the administrator). I also reinstalled the drivers for the graphic card, and even swapped out cards with my husband's computer. I did put in a new motherboard and SSD recently. I checked the SSD for errors using the built in checker (no errors). MemTest said there were almost 4k errors with my existing RAM, so we swapped out RAM. It's still crashing pretty consistently while gaming.

This is my first experience with the BSOD, so any other information I can give to help someone figure out what the problem is, let me know and I'll post it. Thanks!

submitted by /u/J_Squiggle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/J_Squiggle, Oct 2, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 2, 2020
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD When Gaming :)

cplpro, Oct 2, 2020
  4. dtex Win User

BSOD When Gaming

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

Hi,

I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike for 4 hours+ Without any errors.

Specs:
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
    16.0GB Dual-Channel
    ASUS Z170-P
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

BlueScreen View:

Hal.dll
    Ntoskrnl.exe
    IntelPPm.sys

BSOD Exprienced:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout
    Driver_IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    Kmode_exception_Not_Handled

After contacting my supplier he suggested a number of things to try fixing the issue, and now he has got to the point of suggesting i need a new graphics card. I do however not believe however the issue is solely a faulty graphics card.

I have tried the following fixes:
    • Reformatted Windows
    • uninstall all Nvidia and Graphics drivers and fresh install
    • Installed all updated Drivers
    • Memtest (4 Hours)
    • GE Benchmark

I presume someone would want to look at the minidumps? Please let me know and i will edit on to this post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Connor

dtex, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

BSOD When Gaming

1. BSOD When Gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD Gaming

2. BSOD and Reboots when Running Games - 0x00000133 and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and Reboots when Running Games - 0x00000133 and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Errors: I'm experiencing frustrating issues with my Windows 11 system, where it consistently blue screens or restarts whenever I try to run any game. I've tried different games, but the result is always the same.Error Messages:After digging through the Event Viewer, I found the...
  3. BSOD and Reboots when Running Games - 0x00000133 and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and Reboots when Running Games - 0x00000133 and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Errors: I'm experiencing frustrating issues with my Windows 11 system, where it consistently blue screens or restarts whenever I try to run any game. I've tried different games, but the result is always the same.Error Messages:After digging through the Event Viewer, I found the...
  4. PC BSODs after starting/playing games and more.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSODs after starting/playing games and more.: I'll start by stating the obvious. I live in Indonesia, more accurately Bali this will come in later, regarding the pc, I have checked the hardware and yes I have sent the parts back to the seller for checking and additionally went to a technician to check my PC. They both...
  5. PC BSODs after starting/playing games and more.

PC BSODs after starting/playing games and more.: I'll start by stating the obvious. I live in Indonesia, more accurately Bali this will come in later, regarding the pc, I have checked the hardware and yes I have sent the parts back to the seller for checking and additionally went to a technician to check my PC. They both...
  6. BSOD when updating games Valorant/Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when updating games Valorant/Steam: Good day everyone, I have been experiencing this problem for the past 6 months but it occurs only from time to time I thought it is fixed then sooner or later it happens again. BSOD happens when I am in the middle of updating games like VALORANT or Dota 2 and sometimes as...
  7. Different BSODs while running games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different BSODs while running games: I've been having this issue where, while running a game, I'd get a crash with different error codes from the dump files, from dpc_watchdog_violation to video_tdr_failure. I had this problem a while back where I've sent a question and was able to solve it here, basically by...
  8. BSOD when updating games Valorant/Steam

BSOD when updating games Valorant/Steam: Good day everyone, I have been experiencing this problem for the past 6 months but it occurs only from time to time I thought it is fixed then sooner or later it happens again. BSOD happens when I am in the middle of updating games like VALORANT or Dota 2 and sometimes as...
  9. Different BSODs while running games

Different BSODs while running games: I've been having this issue where, while running a game, I'd get a crash with different error codes from the dump files, from dpc_watchdog_violation to video_tdr_failure. I had this problem a while back where I've sent a question and was able to solve it here, basically by...
  10. Different BSODs while running games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging