Windows 10: BSOD when Graphics Drivers installed

Discus and support BSOD when Graphics Drivers installed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer was frequently BSODing under Windows 7. I thought that my Windows install was bad, so I bought a new SSD hard drive and installed a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LOtown, Aug 1, 2015.

1. LOtown Win User

BSOD when Graphics Drivers installed

My computer was frequently BSODing under Windows 7. I thought that my Windows install was bad, so I bought a new SSD hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it. Everything worked well until my video driver auto installed itself (Radeon HD 5870) and then Windos 10 started BSODing. I started up in safe mode, uninstalled the driver and blocked it from installing. Everything was running fine except I obviously wasn't running through my video card.

I thought because the video card was old/dusty that maybe it was overheating and causing my problem, so I bought a new video card (Nvidia GTX 750). When I installed the new video card, the driver autoinstalled and the system BSODed. As soon as I uninstalled the driver, and blocked it from autoinstalling I was able to use the computer again without BSOD (typing this on the exact computer right now).

I'm pretty convinced this is a hardware issue (same issue Win7 and Win10 with a fresh install) but I need help in understanding what is causing it. Motherboard/RAM/CPU/Power Supply?

I've attached my log file below.

Attachment 27859

:)

LOtown, Aug 1, 2015

2. BSOD while playing game

Hello!

I'm having issue when i'm trying to play any game on my PC. It happens with every game, including game from Windows store. The most of time it crashed the driver with error: Application has been blocked from accessing graphic hardware", sometimes it caused
    BSOD with code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I know it is caused by graphic driver. The problem is, i tried to fully uninstall the driver and reinstall it multiple times but the problem still persist, also reinstall Windows but still not help at all.

So i take a deeper look on the problem. I read the dump file with Windbg and enable DriverVerifier after a clean WIndows installation. There're still random BSOD when none of driver were installed (i was disconnected to prevent Windows update) and it was caused
    by ntoskrnl.exe.

After install graphic driver, i can't even boot to Windows (BSOD with igdkmd64.sys).

I ran Memtest on my computer and no error was found. I only have onboard graphic (Intel HD Graphic 3000) and i'm sure i'm using the latest driver (driver from manufacturer website and intel website still have the same problem).

Please help me troubleshoot this error.

Here's the dump file:

Before install graphic driver: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoIe9sdjM-PW0gtlBiNljNP-kTTL

After install graphic driver: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoIe9sdjM-PW0gpyxJe_7PfS0L23

Khiem_Tran, Aug 1, 2015
  3. FourNodes Win User
    Very high CPU Usage for no apparent reason

When the BSOD came, I did change the configuration from automatic memory dump to minidumps, upon initial analysis and searching online it came down to graphic driver, after updating the graphics driver using drivereasy, the BSOD issue was gone but this
    constant CPU usage started.

FourNodes, Aug 1, 2015
  4. LOtown Win User

More crashes since last post. New log attached.

Attachment 27906

LOtown, Aug 2, 2015
  5. LOtown Win User
    So far I've seen at least the following BSODs:
    Pool corruption in file area
    IRQL not less or equal
    System Thread Exception Not Handled

LOtown, Aug 2, 2015
  6. LOtown Win User
    ...and I just noticed Windows reinstalled my graphics driver, which I thought I turned off...

LOtown, Aug 2, 2015
  7. LOtown Win User
    So I ran memtest86 last night and I've attached the results below. It doesn't look like it had any errors, but the first time I ran it it pil;ed up 30k errors and then halted due to an unknown CPU0 error. It reset before I could get a picture of that though. But then I ran it over night for 9 passes and it had no errors?

Attachment 28071

LOtown, Aug 2, 2015
  8. BSOD when Graphics Drivers installed

If you have installed different GPUs on different operating systems and you're having the same problems, then I'd guess that the motherboard is trying to tell you something.

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
  9. LOtown Win User
    That's what I'm guessing as well, but I'd like for someone to be able to point at something in my log files indicating that it's my motherboard before I go and buy a new one. Buying a new motherboard is going to end up in buying a processor/cooling fan/RAM so I want to be sure.

LOtown, Aug 2, 2015
  10. LOtown Win User
    New Log File Attachment 28291

LOtown, Aug 3, 2015
  11. LOtown Win User
    I would really like an expert opinion before I spend $400 on a new motherboard/processor/RAM.

I also ran memtest for 24 hours, made 19 passes (3 iterations) with no errors...

LOtown, Aug 3, 2015
  12. LOtown Win User
    Installed new Motherboard/Processor/RAM and BSOD's have gone away.

LOtown, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when Graphics Drivers installed - Similar Threads - BSOD Graphics Drivers

2. BSOD when installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when installing graphics driver: I have a problem where my PC runs into a BSOD whenever I install or update my GPU. I would really appreciate to have an idea how to fix it.The dump files are here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoPeHjzYobZigQrUP6eVpI0okNj_?e=jgiDHb...
  3. BSOD when installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when installing graphics driver: I have a problem where my PC runs into a BSOD whenever I install or update my GPU. I would really appreciate to have an idea how to fix it.The dump files are here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoPeHjzYobZigQrUP6eVpI0okNj_?e=jgiDHb...
  4. BSOD when installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Pro "Memory Managment" BSOD when installing Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro "Memory Managment" BSOD when installing Intel Graphics Driver: Everytime I install the Windows DCH Graphics Driver from Intel I get a Memory Management BSOD at the end of the installation process. Windows and all BIOS and drivers are up to date.System is an Intel NUC11i7TNK. No overclocking or any custom settings applied.Link to mini...
  6. BSOD when installing nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when installing nvidia drivers: Earlier I was trying to update to Nvidia's new driver when the installation was almost at its end my pc crashed and kept giving me BSOD. After trying everything from system recovery I had to install clean windows but now I can't seem to install my GPU driver even the old ones...
  7. Getting BSoD when installing Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSoD when installing Intel Graphics Driver: I'm getting a BSoD on Windows 10 when I'm trying to install Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600. The first BSoD error happened in the middle of the installation with the error: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP I rebooted and tried again. Lauched the installation, it worked...
  8. BSOD On installation of any nvidia graphic driver.

BSOD On installation of any nvidia graphic driver.: Hey guys, i got myself a new PC, here's the rig: MOBO: MSI TOMAHAWK B450 MAX CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 GRAPHICS: EVGA GTX 1660 SUPER RAM: 2x8GO DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX C16 3200MHZ SSD: KINGSTON A400 480GO HARD DRIVE: WBLUE 1TO 3.5" PSU: CORSAIR RM650X 80+ GOLD NETWORK:...
  9. Graphics drivers and BSOD

Graphics drivers and BSOD: I was playing a game. And then the computer crashed. It attempted reboot but could not and I recieved BSOD with error message win32kbase.sys stop code. After attempting to reset the OS and system recall (error 0x80070003), I tried safe mode and it booted. In safe mode I...
  10. BSOD installing AMD graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD installing AMD graphics driver: Hi, I have been facing this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I try to install AMD Graphics driver, my system crashes. Can someone suggest a solution for this? Thanks in advance!! 81179