Windows 10: BSOD when "heavily" using the computer

Discus and support BSOD when "heavily" using the computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two weeks ago, everything worked just fine. Then BSODs with UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION started appearing, mainly when playing games. It messed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by José Miguel Calderón, Nov 17, 2019.

1. BSOD when "heavily" using the computer

Two weeks ago, everything worked just fine. Then BSODs with UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION started appearing, mainly when playing games. It messed up Windows. At a certain point, I couldn't even open Configuration because the app would instantly crash.

I decided to reinstall Windows hoping it would solve the problem but it didn't work. Reinstall again while formatting C:, the same result. Investigating, I found that the problem could be bad drivers, so when I reinstalled again I downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer and then updated from there. The system kept crashing, but now with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I got the graphics card from a friend who said that it didn't work properly. I didn't have any problem with it. The card worked flawlessly for over 3 months. Thinking it was starting to fail, I changed the card with my old one (GT1030 D4 Low Profile; I know, I was ignorant). It kept BSODing anyways, but now with UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION again.

The computer restarts when I'm using it "fast". I have to do everything slowly and just one thing at a time.

Crystal Disk Info shows Good

Memtest86 didn't find any error

Prime95's torture test's been running for 2 hours now without problems

I'm thinking that if the stress test does fine, then the problem might as well be related to software, but I don't know what to do anymore.

Ryzen 1500X

Gigabyte 1050 G1 Gaming

Western Digital Blue HDD 1TB

2x4GB XPG Gammix D10 3000MHz

MSI B350M Pro-VH Plus

The power supply came with the case Thermaltake V100

:)

José Miguel Calderón, Nov 17, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Donna Men Win User
    BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Nov 17, 2019
  4. cplpro Win User

BSOD when "heavily" using the computer

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD when "heavily" using the computer :)

cplpro, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

BSOD when "heavily" using the computer

1. BSOD when "heavily" using the computer - Similar Threads - BSOD heavily using

2. My audio is heavily distorted when wearing a headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio is heavily distorted when wearing a headset: Hello, I am on a Windows 11 Pavillion all in 1 PC, and whenever I connect any sort of wired headset to my computer, the audio becomes distorted. As mentioned just there it happens to every single headset plugged in and when I go to device manager, it says the headset is...
  3. My computer lags very heavily when opening and closing programs. What's causing this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer lags very heavily when opening and closing programs. What's causing this?: My computer lags very heavily when opening and closing programs. No large spikes on anything, nothing unusual, and it lasts for a while, especially when opening an app...
  4. Pc heavily underpeforming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc heavily underpeforming.: my pc has a 12900k, 4060ti, 32 g of ram, and other great specs. My pc was built by myself, and lags and freezes with low on fps on not high demanding games. For example, on cs go it freezes about twice per round, 5-10 seconds per time on not high settings. I also experience...
  5. Computer BSOD when using Silicon Power P34A60

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD when using Silicon Power P34A60: I recently built a computer with the following specs: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core ProcessorMSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 MotherboardSilicon Power GAMING 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3000 CL16 MemorySeagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard DriveSilicon...
  6. Computer BSOD when using Silicon Power P34A60

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when using Silicon Power P34A60: I recently built a computer with the following specs: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core ProcessorMSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 MotherboardSilicon Power GAMING 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3000 CL16 MemorySeagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard DriveSilicon...
  7. Computer BSOD when using Silicon Power P34A60

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD twice when wifes is using computer !

BSOD twice when wifes is using computer !: AS stated its done it wife when wife's been using machine, i dont think she doing anything exciting facebook i would guess.I have troubles with firefox it just stops responding, i disabled the sound card and its not done this for a few days now.Any help would be appreciated...
  9. Random BSOD when using computer normally

Random BSOD when using computer normally: I've been using my computer normally and over the past few days I've been getting BSODs that have become more an more frequent. The errors so far have been random but one of the recent ones was. Video_Memory_Management_Internal Any help is appreciated, ty. DM Log...
  10. BSOD's when playing game and using computer normally.

BSOD's when playing game and using computer normally.: I was asked to open a new thread so thats what I did. In my old thread I was getting BSOD"s every few days, the problem seemed to dissapear 2 months ago, but this month my computer is acting up all again. Attachment 62383 39697