Windows 10: BSOD when I just press the start button

Discus and support BSOD when I just press the start button in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi helper, Here's the thing. Recently my computer always occurs BSOD. It makes me crazy so I decide re-install my win10x64 system. At the first day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jason_Hao, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Jason_Hao Win User

BSOD when I just press the start button

Hi helper,

Here's the thing. Recently my computer always occurs BSOD. It makes me crazy so I decide re-install my win10x64 system. At the first day after install, it looks good. But the second day and today, It occurs BSOD when I just press the start button, the BSOD was even before the start page. I have attached the DMP files, the output of MSInfos. Please help, thank you.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak_4D9pH0Joab9jYLZiPRQVt65E?e=GG4srN

:)

Jason_Hao, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Jason_Hao Win User

Hi helper,

Here's the thing. Recently my computer always occurs BSOD. It makes me crazy so I decide re-install my win10x64 system. At the first day after install, it looks good. But the second day and today, It occurs BSOD when I just press the start button, the BSOD
    was even before the start page. I have attached the DMP files, the output of MSInfos. Please help, thank you.

BSOD_Files.7z

Jason_Hao, May 25, 2020
  3. Start Button

Hi David,

For us to isolate your concern with Start button, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "Start button", are you referring to the physical power button or the Start menu on your desktop?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting an error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    • What happens when you press the Start button?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 25, 2020
  4. BSOD when I just press the start button

Why is my start button not working?

Hello,

I understand your inconvenience with accessing Start button, icons on Taskbar in Windows 10, we well help you with this issue.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.
    Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope this information is helpful. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD when I just press the start button - Similar Threads - BSOD press start

2. Greetings ,my meccer laptop just went off when I press the start button the light pops up...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Greetings ,my meccer laptop just went off when I press the start button the light pops up...: Greetings ,my meccer laptop just went off when I press the start button the light pops up but the screen remains dark what should I do . It's urgent...
  3. Greetings ,my meccer laptop just went off when I press the start button the light pops up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greetings ,my meccer laptop just went off when I press the start button the light pops up...: Greetings ,my meccer laptop just went off when I press the start button the light pops up but the screen remains dark what should I do . It's urgent...
  4. Greetings ,my meccer laptop just went off when I press the start button the light pops up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Critical error when I press the start button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical error when I press the start button: I’m not very good with computers just yet and I’ve ran into the issue of the critical error when I press the start button and it signs me out and now it seems to take forever to start back up like the black screen after I sign back in. I main question would be can I use the...
  6. When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.: Hi I have mouved my composant to another box and i changes the motherboard and the power suplie when i try to boot it it does nothing. The only way to boot it is press the power sw botton on my motherboard....
  7. When I press "Additional info," the "get started" button does not appear.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I press "Additional info," the "get started" button does not appear.: I am currently in the process of removing all of the bloatware that came with my PC and having just the basics and necessities that Windows requires. I followed a tutorial online, pressed said button, and it wouldn't show any option to continue....
  8. When I press the start button after playing a game, It goes like this, I have to press It...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press the start button after playing a game, It goes like this, I have to press It...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DontDare6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f674db/when_i_press_the_start_button_after_playing_a/
  9. Computer starts if I press any keyboard button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer starts if I press any keyboard button: When I press any of the buttons on the keyboard, my computer starts. I am sure it is not in the Sleep, Hibernate or Standby modes. I use Asus laptop and have reset it to factory default recently. It seems to me the issue has shown up after upgrading to the latest version of...
  10. Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?: Upon some instances of booting, clicking the start button produces the following error: [img] When I do sign out and log back in, the error persists even though the error window has disappeared. While this message is shown, I can still get on with tasks on my PC, but...