Windows 10: BSOD when I try to open Chrome

Discus and support BSOD when I try to open Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Really hoping someone can help me with this as it's driving me nuts! I have been using Google Chrome as my everyday browser on this Iota... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AMartian4, Sep 9, 2019.

1. AMartian4 Win User

BSOD when I try to open Chrome

Hi all,

Really hoping someone can help me with this as it's driving me nuts! I have been using Google Chrome as my everyday browser on this Iota laptop I've had for almost a year, with no issues. In the last few weeks, I have been getting the occasional Blue Screen Of Death on start up, saying that the error code is SDS_INTERNAL_ERROR and that my computer needs to restart. Up until tonight, it seemed to be sorting itself out with the restart and then I was able to use it completely normally, including using Chrome. Tonight, I have gotten completely stuck in a loop of crashing and restarting then crashing again. I am able to open other programs, such as Edge which I am using now, but as soon as I go to try Chrome I get that BSOD with the same error code every time. I then tried uninstalling Chrome with the hope that installing a clean copy would be the solution, but it even blue screened out when I did that...I have no idea how to fix this and I can't understand what's gone wrong when I haven't been doing anything differently - I don't think I updated anything recently or downloaded any new extensions or anything.

Any help much appreciated!

Ta BSOD when I try to open Chrome :)

:)

AMartian4, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 9, 2019
  4. BSOD when I try to open Chrome

BSOD in windows 10 while opening Chrome

This matter is hardly caused by the Chrome on its own. The browser is probably only a trigger. As per your description, it seems that your system is crashing because of the Mcafee since the driver listed by
    the Blue Screen is a part of Mcafee.

I would suggest you to boot up into Safe Mode and then use the tool to uninstall Mcafee cleanly.

BSOD in Windows 10 can be caused by many reasons. In case there's inquiry, check out

this article

PeterPeng3, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

BSOD when I try to open Chrome

1. BSOD when I try to open Chrome - Similar Threads - BSOD try open

2. bsod when i try to open System>sound>speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod when i try to open System>sound>speakers: so whenever i try to open speakers conexant Smartaudio HD through sound settings i get bsod any fix ? Btw i have 16gb ram ryzen 5 2500u https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-when-i-try-to-open-systemsoundspeakers/16e467f7-fef3-41ba-b8b2-dd695fabdc0a
  3. bsod when i try to open System>sound>speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod when i try to open System>sound>speakers: so whenever i try to open speakers conexant Smartaudio HD through sound settings i get bsod any fix ? Btw i have 16gb ram ryzen 5 2500u https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-when-i-try-to-open-systemsoundspeakers/16e467f7-fef3-41ba-b8b2-dd695fabdc0a
  4. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  5. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  6. BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome: Hello. Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 and since then I'm having a BSOD as soon as I open Firefox or Chrome. If I open edge it does open and I can browse find, however after a some random time I get the BSOD. I have tried all I can think of. I updated all the...
  7. (Old) BSOD when trying to watch video in Chrome

(Old) BSOD when trying to watch video in Chrome: Hello, When I attempt to watch a video on a news site on Chrome, my computer has a BSOD. I have tried uninstalling the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 driver from the device manager making sure to tick the uninstall driver software box. Then I let the computer automatically...
  8. BSOD when trying to watch video in Chrome

BSOD when trying to watch video in Chrome: Hello, When I attempt to watch a video on a news site on Chrome, my computer has a BSOD. I have tried uninstalling the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 driver from the device manager making sure to tick the uninstall driver software box. Then I let the computer automatically...
  9. Class not registered error when trying to open Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Class not registered error when trying to open Chrome: I installed Chome but when I try to open it I get a class not registered error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-not-registered-error-when-trying-to-open/3d67c131-b3dc-4cc6-8ad5-cfbb2fb7da0e
  10. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome causing blue screen windows 10

2. why my pc shows bsod when use chrome or mozilla