Windows 10: BSOD when I turned on my PC

Discus and support BSOD when I turned on my PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I came home from shopping and turned on my custom built desktop PC and it gave me a BSOD. On the screen it said "system thread exception not handled".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by asdfguy, Oct 9, 2015.

1. asdfguy Win User

BSOD when I turned on my PC

I came home from shopping and turned on my custom built desktop PC and it gave me a BSOD. On the screen it said "system thread exception not handled". This only happened once

Attachment 42119

System Spec

Computer type: PC/DesktopSystem
    Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom built
    CPU: Intel i7 3770k (not overclocked)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
    Memory: Corsair 16GB
    Graphics Card(s): Sapphite AMD HD 7950 (not overclocked)
    NetWork: BT Dual Band Dongle 600
    Sound Card: Built-in Realtek; Driver Version: 6.0.1.7535
    Monitor(s) Displays: Dell S2415H 24 IPS GlossyScreen
    Solid State Drives: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB
    Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB HDD
    PSU: Be Quiet PurePower 530W semi-modular
    Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II White
    Cooling: Stock Fan
    Keyboard: Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse: Microsoft Wireless
    Antivirus: Avira Free

:)

asdfguy, Oct 9, 2015

2. Too many BSODS to count... Pointing towards memory corruption.

Well, when I run verifier, no .dmp files are saved. Not in the minidump folder or where MEMORY.DMP is located.

When my pc bsods when using verifier, It bsods before my pc loads into windows. About 7 seconds into the bios loading screen is when it bsods. If I put my pc into safe mode with verifier turned on, it doesn't bsod.

iCantThinkOfPoliteUserNames, Oct 9, 2015
  3. BSoD on Windows 10

I was just sitting on PC today looking at youtube and talking to some friends and suddenly the BSoD appears. My pc turned off and then i turned it on again. I restarted and as i restarted i got the BSoD again. I then started my pc up again and shut it
    down, the BSoD didn't appear. For some reason when i restart my PC i get the BSoD however when shutting down i don't. It has only happened once randomly but i am writing this straight after it happened. HELP!

Teddy Dixon, Oct 9, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi asdfguy,

The crash is caused by the BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle device.
    Please check here for driver updates and make sure it is the most recent.
    Please check your devices manually for driver updates and make sure your software is up to date.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwlhigh664.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwlhigh664.sys 3: kd> lmvm bcmwlhigh664 start end module name fffff801`c4dd0000 fffff801`c4f07000 bcmwlhigh664 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bcmwlhigh664.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwlhigh664.sys Image name: bcmwlhigh664.sys Timestamp: Tue Apr 19 09:13:08 2011 (4DAD3604) CheckSum: 001369BC ImageSize: 00137000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. asdfguy Win User
    Hey axe0. Thank you so much for taking the time to help with.

I suspected it's the BT Wireless adaptor. When my PC restarted from BSOD, the Wireless Adaptor was disable with Windows. Sadly, I looked for new version of the driver for Windows 10 and there weren't any -- only Windows 8. Shame, it looks like I need to get a new wireless adaptor.

asdfguy, Oct 10, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please check for drivers that are less then 4 years old.
    With these kind of devices, it is strongly recommended to use the most recent drivers.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when I turned on my PC - Similar Threads - BSOD turned

2. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  3. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  4. I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d67bhjk5ahXlth5JILS5K57w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-stuck-in-a-bsod-loop-whenever-i-would-try/0ddd767f-0135-434b-b6e7-5480907b1433
  5. I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...

I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d67bhjk5ahXlth5JILS5K57w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-stuck-in-a-bsod-loop-whenever-i-would-try/0ddd767f-0135-434b-b6e7-5480907b1433
  6. I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My laptop goes into a BSOD whenever I turn in my laptop's hotspot, why is that? and how can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop goes into a BSOD whenever I turn in my laptop's hotspot, why is that? and how can...: Hello there,I am Kousic, the problem is whenever I try to turn on my hotspot, it works fine for sometime and eventually goes into a BSOD in past it is very difficult to get back to windows, it struck in the Dell startup screen with a half `Loader animation` etc.. etc.., Now...
  8. My laptop goes into a BSOD whenever I turn in my laptop's hotspot, why is that? and how can...

My laptop goes into a BSOD whenever I turn in my laptop's hotspot, why is that? and how can...: Hello there,I am Kousic, the problem is whenever I try to turn on my hotspot, it works fine for sometime and eventually goes into a BSOD in past it is very difficult to get back to windows, it struck in the Dell startup screen with a half `Loader animation` etc.. etc.., Now...
  9. Windows 10 PRO 64 bit - BSOD's after turning on the computer

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit - BSOD's after turning on the computer: Hi,I have a I think strange issue - I am expiriencing WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSODs within most of the time 15 minutes of turning on or rebooting my computer. Usually, the BSOD happens, the computer reboots and then works normally until turned off.Rarely, there are 2-3 BSODs...
  10. Windows 10 PRO 64 bit - BSOD's after turning on the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PRO 64 bit - BSOD's after turning on the computer: Hi,I have a I think strange issue - I am expiriencing WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSODs within most of the time 15 minutes of turning on or rebooting my computer. Usually, the BSOD happens, the computer reboots and then works normally until turned off.Rarely, there are 2-3 BSODs...