Windows 10: BSOD when I unplug Mouse or USB-C Hub

Discus and support BSOD when I unplug Mouse or USB-C Hub in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought an ASUS Q325UA 2in1 Laptop. Everything works fine until I try to unplug my mouse from the supplied USB-C to USB/HDMI hub as well as from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FEPEC, Jul 5, 2017.

1. FEPEC Win User

BSOD when I unplug Mouse or USB-C Hub

I just bought an ASUS Q325UA 2in1 Laptop. Everything works fine until I try to unplug my mouse from the supplied USB-C to USB/HDMI hub as well as from another USB-C to USB/VGA hub.

I've attached my dump files. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachment 142664

:)

FEPEC, Jul 5, 2017

2. Mouse stops working randomly

Hello,

I have a wireless mouse connected to a 7 port USB hub, the hub is self powered.

My problem is that the mouse stops working in a few seconds, sometimes minutes or hours, or it won't stop working at all, it's just random. The mouse lights stay on, it detects movement and the laptop recognizes the mouse.

I've tried several things witch solved the problem, but all with downsides:

-if I unplug the power from the hub the mouse works fine, but then I can't connect to many things to the hub because they start failing, probably because of limited power from the USB port on the laptop;

-I can connect it directly to the laptop and it works, but I only have 2 ports, one is a USB 3.0 and I use it to connect an external hard drive, that's the reason why I bought the hub

I've tried using a 4 port self powered hub, but the same thing happened. Changing the batteries or using other mouses, even a wired one didn't solve the problem either.

Pedro Batista PB, Jul 5, 2017
  3. USB 3.0 HUB Causes USB Devices and Ports to Malfunction and Blue Screen [Win10]

Hello everyone, yesterday I bought a TP-LINK UH700 7-port USB port (powered) for my Win10 Home 64-bit laptop which is plug-and-play and had some interesting issues with it.

Firstly I connected the USB hub to the laptop and started to move some USB devices from laptop to the hub. I connected my gaming mouse and its lights lid for a few seconds (didn't work at that moment) and then the USB hub's indicator light for mouse's USB
    turned off with mouse's lights. It wasn't working. Then I plugged my laptop fan which was using 2 USB-ports and the fan was working but its expansion usbs weren't. Then I disconnected my mouse from the hub and put it back on its old USB port and it didn't
    work with the USB it used to work until a minute before. Then I tried the same with my 2-USB gaming keyboard to the hub, it didn't work too and when I plugged it back on its old USB-port, it wasn't working too. So I tried to restart my computer. Shut down
    doesn't take more than 10 seconds in usual but it took like 4 minutes and then I got a BSOD giving me error: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" and then restarted itself.

I tried the same things again and all the same including BSOD.

Then while only the USB-hub was plugged in with no devices connected to it, it didn't cause an error at all. Then tried the same things with disconnecting USB-hub from power outlet and just using the USB-connection. Also tried to use the hub on a clean boot.
    All the same.

Then I also realised that the USB-port that I connected the USB-hub wasn't working with other devices too after I try to connect a device to the port.

At this point I talked with TP-Link support who said that this kind of a problem has never been encountered before. After that, I tried to use the USB-hub with my father's macbook in which I didn't have a problem at all.

I also tried to disable USB Selective Suspension which also didn't help.

I made some research on the internet but didn't see anything related to my problem. A USB-hub causing a BSOD is just insane and I am at the point which I can't just do something more at least with my current problem troubleshooting knowledge.

So, I would be glad if you post a fix for this or any ideas that might fix it.

ugur.nezir, Jul 5, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Code: BugCheck D1, {5b0, 2, 0, fffff80d4249e9e9}Probably caused by : UsbHub3.sys ( UsbHub3!HUBPSM20_IssuingSuspendedToDeviceSM+19 )[/quote] USBHUB3.sys USB3 HUB Driver
    Info - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx Windows Update
    Wdf01000.sys WDF Dynamic - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime Windows Update

USBXHCI.sys USB XHCI Driver
    Info - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx Windows Update
    UCX01000.sys USB Controller Extention driver
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx Windows Update
    WppRecorder.sys WPP Trace Recorder Windows Update
    acpi.sys ACPI Driver for NT Windows Update
    Code: BugCheck D1, {ffffffffffffffd0, 2, 0, fffff8095a827a60} *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: fffff800`3a924028 fffff809`5e2b7268Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dump_iaStorA.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dump_iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dump_iaStorA.sys dump_iaStorA+0x77268[/quote] iaStorA.sys Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver Drivers & Software XP
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) Open control panel > uninstall Intel Rapid Storage technology
    Reinstall using the Asus web site after entering your computer's serial or product number and operating system.
    In case there is no suitable driver listed you can also view:
    Downloads for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) Drivers
    Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)
    Intel® Driver Update Utility

6) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 runs.
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    http://www.memtest.org/https://answe...f-ecc7b7ff6461

When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more runs make an image of the results to post into the thread.

zbook, Jul 5, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Jul 5, 2017
  6. Yeah, in the past I was confused every time I saw this. But is there a chance that the driver, the controller or disk (which is "connected" to this driver) could be the cause? U understand dump_ means windows system file. But is it in a way conntected to the Intel driver?

BSODHunter, Jul 5, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    Unlikely, as mentioned at caronna.org disk access is provided while the dump is being generated, after the system crash.

axe0, Jul 5, 2017
  8. FEPEC Win User

Thank you for the reply. I've done steps 1-4 and posted the results below.

In light of this, should I reinstall or not?

I'll post the results of step 6 later today or tomorrow.

Windows 10 Version 1703

Build 15063.413

Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>winver C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.15063.0 Image Version: 10.0.15063.0 [== 4.5% [== 4.8% [=== 5.2% [=== 5.5% [=== 5.7% [=== 6.1% [=== 6.4% [=== 6.7% [==== 7.0% [==== 7.4% [==== 7.7% [==== 8.1% [===== 8.6% [===== 8.8% [===== 9.8% [====== 10.6% [====== 11.2% [====== 11.5% [======= 12.2% [======= 13.1% [======== 14.0% [======== 15.0% [========= 15.7% [========= 16.5% [========= 16.9% [========= 17.2% [========== 17.5% [========== 17.9% [========== 18.9% [=========== 19.9% [============ 20.9% [============ 21.4% [============ 22.1% [============= 22.6% [============= 23.2% [============= 23.8% [============== 24.6% [============== 25.3% [=============== 26.0% [=============== 26.7% [=============== 27.4% [================ 27.8% [================ 28.5% [================ 29.3% [================= 29.9% [================= 30.7% [================== 31.3% [================== 31.7% [================== 32.6% [=================== 33.1% [=================== 33.6% [=================== 34.1% [==================== 34.5% [==================== 35.3% [==================== 35.8% [===================== 36.8% [===================== 37.8% [====================== 38.4% [====================== 39.0% [======================= 39.7% [======================= 40.7% [======================== 41.5% [======================== 41.7% [======================== 42.1% [======================== 42.7% [========================= 43.5% [========================= 44.4% [========================== 45.1% [========================== 45.7% [========================== 45.9% [========================== 46.5% [===========================46.9% [===========================47.5% [===========================48.4% [===========================49.4% [===========================50.3% [===========================51.1% [===========================51.9% [===========================52.4% [===========================52.7% [===========================53.3% [===========================53.7% [===========================54.0% [===========================55.0% [===========================56.0% [===========================57.0%= [===========================58.0%= [===========================59.0%== [===========================60.0%== [===========================61.0%=== [===========================62.0%=== [===========================63.0%==== [===========================64.0%===== [===========================65.0%===== [===========================66.0%====== [===========================67.0%====== [===========================68.0%======= [===========================69.0%======== [===========================70.0%======== [===========================71.0%========= [===========================72.0%========= [===========================73.0%========== [===========================74.0%========== [===========================75.0%=========== [===========================76.0%============ [===========================77.0%============ [===========================78.0%============= [===========================79.0%============= [===========================80.0%============== [===========================81.0%============== [===========================82.0%=============== [===========================83.0%================ [===========================84.0%================ [===========================85.0%================= [===========================86.0%================= [===========================87.0%================== [===========================88.0%=================== [===========================89.0%=================== [===========================90.0%==================== [===========================91.0%==================== [===========================92.0%===================== [===========================93.0%===================== [===========================94.0%====================== [===========================94.6%====================== [===========================95.1%======================= [===========================96.1%======================= [===========================97.1%========================[===========================97.6%========================[===========================98.2%========================[===========================99.2%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[===========================99.9%========================[==========================100.0%========================[==========================100.0%========================[==========================100.0%========================[==========================100.0%========================[==========================100.0%========================[==========================100.0%========================[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully. C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scan The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is OS. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 401920 file records processed. File verification completed. 7087 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 493774 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ... Security descriptor verification completed. 45928 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 40092376 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed. Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required. 499312639 KB total disk space. 295034508 KB in 241614 files. 153628 KB in 45929 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 526059 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 203598444 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 124828159 total allocation units on disk. 50899611 allocation units available on disk. C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote]

FEPEC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when I unplug Mouse or USB-C Hub - Similar Threads - BSOD unplug Mouse

2. USB-C HUB Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  3. USB-C HUB Not Working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  4. Persistent BSOD with Anker USB C Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD with Anker USB C Hub: Hi,I've recently started getting regular BSOD's when I connect my Anker USB-C hub to my laptop. I mainly utilise the hub for my ethernet connection due to having poor wifi reception in my home office. The device is a Anker 5-in-1 533 slim hub Product link here. The only the...
  5. Persistent BSOD with Anker USB C Hub

Persistent BSOD with Anker USB C Hub: Hi,I've recently started getting regular BSOD's when I connect my Anker USB-C hub to my laptop. I mainly utilise the hub for my ethernet connection due to having poor wifi reception in my home office. The device is a Anker 5-in-1 533 slim hub Product link here. The only the...
  6. USB-C Hub not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Hub not recognized: My machine is 00342-20782-80557-AAOEM hp Laptop - 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz I am attempting to attach a MOKIN usbC... 9 in 1 Multi-Function Hub It WILL NOT be recognized. I have followed all suggestions to no avail. Any help would be great....
  7. Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub: I have a USB-c Hub that works splendidly. I also have a spectacular SSD M.2 Enclosure that also works fine if I connect it directly to my laptop. If, however if connect the enclosure to the HUB it is recognized but stops working after a couple of clicks and I see disk errors...
  8. bsod when unplugging usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod when unplugging usb device: i very regularly always get bsod when i unplug anything from any of my usb ports, bsod says PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. i can access the minidump file but dont know how top upload it on here for further assitance....
  9. bsod when unplugging usb device

bsod when unplugging usb device: i very regularly always get bsod when i unplug anything from any of my usb ports, bsod says PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. i can access the minidump file but dont know how top upload it on here for further assitance....
  10. BSOD when unplugging usb mouse, error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when unplugging usb mouse, error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Computer crashes when unplugging my mouse, Steelseries Kinzu V2, usually when Google Chrome is open. I recently reset windows and the problem did not show up for a few days but now it crashes. The info from the diagnostic tool is attached. My guess is that some driver is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i plug in my mouse i get bsod