Windows 10: BSOD when I update wifi driver

Discus and support BSOD when I update wifi driver in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have this motherboard that has built in wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card. Anyways, when I try to update the wifi driver for the onboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Waffles3438, Jan 27, 2022.

1. BSOD when I update wifi driver

So I have this motherboard that has built in wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card. Anyways, when I try to update the wifi driver for the onboard card, I get a bsod with something about netwtw10.sys. Motherboard is Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 rev 1.

:)

Waffles3438, Jan 27, 2022
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD when I update wifi driver [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jan 27, 2022
  3. ferchi Win User
    Various BSODs all hinting towards drivers?

Hey,

step by step, you are right.
    So here is a screenshot of the tool you recommended. Should I update in the tool or update by hand from the motherboard website? (Motherboard website included in the screenshot).
    A new BIOS-version was published as well and seems to be stable according to some reddit guys. Should I update that as well?

I attached the BSOD dmps as well.
    Memory_dmp210730.zip - Google Drive
    Memory_dmp210730_2.zip - Google Drive

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:
    Would you agree on this list when clean installing?

Drivers:
    - AMD Chipset drivers (directly from amd)
    - NVIDIA GPU drivers (directly from nvidia)
    - All drivers from Mainboard/support site (MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI | RETURN TO HONOR)
    - Windows updates

Programs:
    - Chrome
    - HWInfo64
    - Driver Booster

ferchi, Jan 27, 2022
  4. BSOD when I update wifi driver

Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

BSOD when I update wifi driver

1. BSOD when I update wifi driver - Similar Threads - BSOD update wifi

2. BSOD when I update wifi driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I update wifi driver: So I have this motherboard that has built in wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card. Anyways, when I try to update the wifi driver for the onboard card, I get a bsod with something about netwtw10.sys. Motherboard is Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 rev 1....
  3. BSOD when I update wifi driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when I update wifi driver: So I have this motherboard that has built in wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card. Anyways, when I try to update the wifi driver for the onboard card, I get a bsod with something about netwtw10.sys. Motherboard is Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 rev 1....
  4. I got a BSOD when i update drivers by windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I got a BSOD when i update drivers by windows update: Hello everyone.i have a pad and it run windows 10 arm on it.yesterday, i reinstall windows 10 arm and i succeed, but i see a update notice about some feature and hardware drivers update.so i download these, but i got a BSOD "soc subsystem failure" when the pad install and...
  5. BSOD when updating drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when updating drivers: "THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - RTKVHD64.sys" I've had this issue since around late 2018 when I updated my PC for the first time since early 2017 ( I had windows update forcefully stopped via registry changes, and forced metered connection) I forget my PC has these issues....
  6. BSOD when using wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using wifi: Hi, I have recently built a PC and I am having BSOD issues when downloading, streaming, etc basically anything that requires a continuous period of heavy network usage. I generally get the error code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, but occasionally DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I have...
  7. BSOD when connecting to wifi

BSOD when connecting to wifi: Hello all, I've been getting a BSOD fairly regularly for a long time (months). Have been searching for a fix but not really getting anywhere. I'm convinced this is a driver issue but haven't been able to nail down a fix. Here's a description of the problem. My System:...
  8. Bsod when I connect to a wifi network

Bsod when I connect to a wifi network: Every time I try to join a wifi network, my computer crash within a few seconds. It says "system service exception" igdkmd64.sys in the bsod. So I just cant connect to the internet anymore.. im on my phone right now. I need help please! Windows 10 from win7 Intel...
  9. BSOD when updating driver

BSOD when updating driver: Hi I'm trying to update my drivers and when I try to install the Intel(R) Serial IO Driver my laptop goes to a BSOD with the Stop Code: System Thread Exception Not Handled. What failed: iaioi2ce.sys. I had no open applications when this happened. I've tried it numerous...
  10. BSOD when restarting computer or updating wifi drivers

BSOD when restarting computer or updating wifi drivers: Hi All, Tried a few different things to try and resolve this issue and it is just bugging me. The system is running fine it just crashes when I try to restart my computer. I only notice I had a fault because when I shut my computer down the monitor goes blank but the...