Windows 10: BSOD when I was away from my PC. What could be causing it?

Discus and support BSOD when I was away from my PC. What could be causing it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I got the following error when I checked the dump files following a BSOD when the computer restarted. I was away at the time. On Wed 1/27/2021... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UrbanPoet07, Jan 27, 2021.

1. BSOD when I was away from my PC. What could be causing it?

Hi,

I got the following error when I checked the dump files following a BSOD when the computer restarted. I was away at the time.

[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]On Wed 1/27/2021 12:25:42 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012721-19812-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 102, 204, 1]ntoskrnl.exe[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1] nt+0x3F5780
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0xFFFFD204199E067B, 0xFF, 0x49, 0xFFFFF8002F3F880F
    Error: [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 102, 204, 1]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 102, 204, 1]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]company: [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 102, 204, 1]Microsoft Corporation[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]description: NT Kernel & System[/COLOR]

I have attached the minidump files in the OneDrive folder I have just shared below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjCkSEJQEwNjol2cXGfxoAAsvY26?e=wT7ujY

Please help!

:)

UrbanPoet07, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Msap14 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Jan 27, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD when I was away from my PC. What could be causing it?

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

BSOD when I was away from my PC. What could be causing it?

1. BSOD when I was away from my PC. What could be causing it? - Similar Threads - BSOD was away

2. What could be causing my computer to randomly show BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be causing my computer to randomly show BSOD: Hi my computer has been randomly showing BSOD errors out of nowhere. It used to happen when I would do a demanding action such as changing resolution in a game, but now it just keeps happening out of nowhere. I dont know if this is linked to the issue but every time im in...
  3. What could be causing my computer to randomly show BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What could be causing my computer to randomly show BSOD: Hi my computer has been randomly showing BSOD errors out of nowhere. It used to happen when I would do a demanding action such as changing resolution in a game, but now it just keeps happening out of nowhere. I dont know if this is linked to the issue but every time im in...
  4. What could be causing my computer to randomly show BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What could be causing BSOD driver failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be causing BSOD driver failure: I've tried the driver verifier steps and the files are here. The issue happened after closing the Steel Series app, reopening it, and then trying to open windows security app which resulted in the BSOD.With diver verifier turned on the crash repeatedly occurred on boot with...
  6. What could be causing BSOD driver failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What could be causing BSOD driver failure: I've tried the driver verifier steps and the files are here. The issue happened after closing the Steel Series app, reopening it, and then trying to open windows security app which resulted in the BSOD.With diver verifier turned on the crash repeatedly occurred on boot with...
  7. What could be causing BSOD driver failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?

Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?: [ATTACH] The BSOD was apparently caused by ntoskrnl.exe. System Info: OS: Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build: 19042.789 CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 GPU: RTX 3080 Founders Edition Ram: 16GB DDR4 Cl16 3200Mhz Trident Z Royal Motherboard: Asrock x570 Taichi PSU: Corsair RM850x...
  9. What could cause my PC to reboot spontaneously?

What could cause my PC to reboot spontaneously?: Having run smoothly for years, my PC spontaneously rebooted on 26 June and has done so about 30 times since then, sometimes running a week without problem, sometimes rebooting twice in one day. The screen suddenly goes black and it reboots. There is no blue screen or error...
  10. BSOD when away from computer

BSOD when away from computer: Hey all, I am getting random crashes caused by ntoskrnl.exe when I am away from my computer. Not everytime I am away either. Haven't found another thread with the address I'm getting, so any help would be appreciated. PS in the logs there is another crash for...