Windows 10: BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11

Discus and support BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys,My PC keeps BSODing me when I leave it idle for a few minutes sometimes at random too. I tried a lot of stuff but nothing seems to work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Danilo Camargo, Jun 19, 2024.

1. BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11

Hey guys,My PC keeps BSODing me when I leave it idle for a few minutes sometimes at random too. I tried a lot of stuff but nothing seems to work. I followed the instructions in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669dI'm uploading my 3 latest minidumps, my msinfo32 and my system info in this thread in hope for an answer.Minidumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vpgmn4WSUbKtpWqlf_FbgRggeqwL-BRN/view?usp=sharingMSInfo32: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f3k9XEfljdNwXSLv9WlR3NSf0Ezvxjq9/view?usp=sharing

:)

Danilo Camargo, Jun 19, 2024

2. Random but frequent BSOD after idling for some time.

Hello, our computers in computer labs with Dell OptiPlex 7470 often run into BSODs after certain amount of idle time. Below are the common errors we see:

• KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_ERROR
    These are domain-joined computers, running with same Windows master image deployed through Clonezilla.

Their occurrence seems random and without pattern, one computer can show BSODs with these respective errors at different times.

Below are the steps we tried:

• chkdsk /f /r /x
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth: no error found
    • sfc /scannow: no error found
    (The above three commands in order)

• Hibernate and Fast Startup is disabled
    • Power Management for screen, hard disk, computer set to never sleep in any scenario
    • C-state control disabled in BIOS
    • Scanned disk for any errors using the software, CrystalDiskInfo.
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic (shows no error found)
    • Driver Verifier (unsure of how to continue using it after its BSOD showing Verifier found violations)
    • Cleaned and reseated RAM
    • Swapped with SSD with same Windows image.
    • Pulled out one of the workstations out to test environment and installed with clean windows image, does not have BSOD issue.
    But the problem seems to be re-occurring every now and then even after all these steps.

Below I am attaching a screenshot of output of msinfo32 and all the dump files we had in one of the workstations.
    Support-Appendix

Liew Jin Ann, Jun 19, 2024
  3. teamsaxon Win User
    Help needed for periodic BSODs on MSI laptop

I believe I ran this hard drive scan yesterday and nothing out of the ordinary showed up in the benchmark, no bad sectors.. I will test it again and post the results. I will also post the results of memtest, I left it while I went to work so hopefully it has not booted to Windows while I was out - - - Updated - - - I have completed the tests First pass of memtest86
    BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 360222d1645241577t-help-needed-periodic-bsods-msi-laptop-20220218_211435.jpg

BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 360224d1645241593t-help-needed-periodic-bsods-msi-laptop-20220218_211505.jpg
    Second pass
    BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 360225d1645241643t-help-needed-periodic-bsods-msi-laptop-20220219_015148.jpg

BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 360226d1645241675t-help-needed-periodic-bsods-msi-laptop-20220219_015208.jpg

BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 360227d1645241689t-help-needed-periodic-bsods-msi-laptop-20220219_015221.jpg
    And the results from HDTune which for some reason does not show the health of the OS drive
    BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 360228d1645241771t-help-needed-periodic-bsods-msi-laptop-hd_health.jpg

BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 360229d1645241789t-help-needed-periodic-bsods-msi-laptop-hd_errorscan.jpg

BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 360230d1645241801t-help-needed-periodic-bsods-msi-laptop-hd_benchmark.jpg

teamsaxon, Jun 19, 2024
  4. BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11

windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time

google chrome also frequently shows the 'oh snap' sign then my PC would really quickly after that restarts or it would just randomly frozen for aout 2-3 seconds then restart randomly as I'm working and using it or just left idle for a period of time. I don't have the 'put to sleep after this period of time' or 'black out my screen after a period of time' on.

[nZk]Kanra, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11

1. BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - BSOD idle period

2. BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA: Hey guys,My PC keeps BSODing me PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA when I leave it idle for a few minutes sometimes at random too. I tried a lot of stuff but nothing seems to work. I followed the instructions in this thread...
  3. windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time: google chrome also frequently shows the 'oh snap' sign then my PC would really quickly after that restarts or it would just randomly frozen for aout 2-3 seconds then restart randomly as I'm working and using it or just left idle for a period of time. I don't have the 'put to...
  4. windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time: google chrome also frequently shows the 'oh snap' sign then my PC would really quickly after that restarts or it would just randomly frozen for aout 2-3 seconds then restart randomly as I'm working and using it or just left idle for a period of time. I don't have the 'put to...
  5. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a Certain Period of Time: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude e7470 with Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM & 250GB M2 SSD. Since few weeks, I am having BSOD error mostly when I play any video on Google Chrome. It usually occurs repeatedly after every 2-4 days. Sometimes I use it for 6-8 hours non stop and it...
  6. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after a Certain Period of Time: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude e7470 with Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM & 250GB M2 SSD. Since few weeks, I am having BSOD error mostly when I play any video on Google Chrome. It usually occurs repeatedly after every 2-4 days. Sometimes I use it for 6-8 hours non stop and it...
  7. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 BSOD when computer idle for long periods of time. Minidump files included

Windows 10 BSOD when computer idle for long periods of time. Minidump files included: My computer has recently been getting a Blue screen crash. However, I almost can not remember a time when it has crashed on me while in use. Instead, it consistently happens when the computer is idle for long periods, which, I often need as I remote desktop to this PC from my...
  9. Windows crashes when idle, even for short periods

Windows crashes when idle, even for short periods: I recently have reinstalled windows, and acquired a new CPU, MOBO, and RAM. I have noticed since the reinstall, that when leaving my pc idle for a short period with no keyboard or mouse input, I come back to the lock screen, as though id signed out, and all my applications...
  10. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...