Windows 10: BSOD when installing 21h2 update

Discus and support BSOD when installing 21h2 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Badly need help. I'm kinda stuck and I don't want to resort to resetting my OS.Issue:During installation of Windows Update 21H2, I keep getting a BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ka Andres, May 14, 2022.

1. Ka Andres Win User

BSOD when installing 21h2 update

Badly need help. I'm kinda stuck and I don't want to resort to resetting my OS.IssueBSOD when installing 21h2 update :During installation of Windows Update 21H2, I keep getting a BSOD error. Below are the steps before the issue happens:21H2 downloads completely fine and prompts for a restart.Installation goes up to 30% then the PC restarts.During boot, it instantly goes to BSOD with error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED then reboots again to the same BSOD error, then finally goes to error code 0xc0000225.I would have to boot to safe mode for Windows to trigger reverting the update. Update would get reverted successfully but Windows wou

:)

Ka Andres, May 14, 2022
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD when installing 21h2 update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, May 14, 2022
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Sapphire 4850 bsod on new install

That could be it. Just a suggestion, never do any hardware driver updates via Windows update in the future, just download the critical updates and leave it at that. When thats done then install hardware drivers that you got from the manufacturer's site.

4. BSOD when installing 21h2 update

KB4023057 Version 21H2 appears in Windows updater for a moment

Hi

In Windows Update KB4023057 Version 21H2 appears and it wants to downloading but stops immediately at 0% and disappears.
    Under View update history the update appears as Successfully installed on 9/9/2021.

I can manually check for updates and the update appears again for 2 seconds.

I run the Windows 10 Update troubleshooter. Didn't found any issues. Wanted to uninstall the update but it isn't listed under Uninstall Updates in View Update History.

Not sure if relevant; As Optional quality update available is cumulative preview for 21H2 (KB5007253). Usually I don't install optional updates.

Any suggestions?

Traveler99, May 14, 2022
Thema:

BSOD when installing 21h2 update

1. BSOD when installing 21h2 update - Similar Threads - BSOD installing 21h2

2. BSOD when installing 21h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when installing 21h2 update: Badly need help. I'm kinda stuck and I don't want to resort to resetting my OS.Issue:During installation of Windows Update 21H2, I keep getting a BSOD error. Below are the steps before the issue happens:21H2 downloads completely fine and prompts for a restart.Installation...
  3. BSOD when installing 21h2 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when installing 21h2 update: Badly need help. I'm kinda stuck and I don't want to resort to resetting my OS.Issue:During installation of Windows Update 21H2, I keep getting a BSOD error. Below are the steps before the issue happens:21H2 downloads completely fine and prompts for a restart.Installation...
  4. 21H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    21H2 update: helloI'm looking at upgrading to to 21h2 from 21h1 do i need to back up anything i remeber reading some update would wipe all data on your pc but i cant rememebr what one it applied tothanksArsenalTastic...
  5. 21H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    21H2 update: helloI'm looking at upgrading to to 21h2 from 21h1 do i need to back up anything i remeber reading some update would wipe all data on your pc but i cant rememebr what one it applied tothanksArsenalTastic...
  6. UPDATE TO 21H2 !!

UPDATE TO 21H2 !!: Hi, I have been trying to help a friend update her computer over the phone ! The Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 was once owned by another friend of mine who stopped using it 4 years ago. The lady who as got it now as managed to update to 1903 but it seems to have stopped at...
  7. BSOD after fresh install Windows 10 21h2

BSOD after fresh install Windows 10 21h2: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wlgzdn9be2bxt/Minidump - DumpfileHello, i have a lenovo legion y520 which i bought in 2018. This laptop has been working fine until 2021 october update after which it wouldnt go to sleep or hibernate. The laptop screen would turn off and stay...
  8. BSOD after fresh install Windows 10 21h2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after fresh install Windows 10 21h2: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wlgzdn9be2bxt/Minidump - DumpfileHello, i have a lenovo legion y520 which i bought in 2018. This laptop has been working fine until 2021 october update after which it wouldnt go to sleep or hibernate. The laptop screen would turn off and stay...
  9. BSOD after fresh install Windows 10 21h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. update 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update 21H2: Hello --- all my computer running win 10 have update to 21H2 -- except for 1 --- it seems that the latest version for 21H2 is KB5008212 -- when I look that up in the update catalog there is a page of download to pick from --- is it advisable to manually apply the update ??...