Windows 10: BSOD when laptop goes to sleep

Discus and support BSOD when laptop goes to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm running windows 10 on a macbook with bootcamp. Everything was working well, but since 05/22 my laptop cannot go to sleep mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lnu, May 28, 2020.

1. LNU
    lnu Win User

BSOD when laptop goes to sleep

Hi everyone,

I'm running windows 10 on a macbook with bootcamp. Everything was working well, but since 05/22 my laptop cannot go to sleep mode anymore.

If I try to put it to sleep from the start menu or by closing the lid it crashes and reboot. I get the following error in the event viewer:

Fault bucket AV_BAD_IP_nt!HalEfiQueryVariableInfo, type 0

Event Name: BlueScreen

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 57e58709-ff66-4353-8838-e9e71aa937c8

Problem signature:

P1: 1000007e

P2: ffffffffc000001d

P3: fffff80012c79405

P4: ffff9d0ff8bbb428

P5: ffff9d0ff8bbac60

P6: 10_0_19041

P7: 0_0

P8: 256_1

P9:

P10:

I'm on the slow ring with version 19041.264 . Nothing was installed on that particular day. I tried to open the associated minidump but it fails inside ntoskrnl.exe with no further informations.

Thanks,

:)

2. Eric Ber Win User

Laptop goes to sleep to quickly

Hi Teri,

Conflicts with the screensaver settings is one of the possible reasons why your laptop goes to sleep quickly. Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue? We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that was provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969. Many community members find their post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 28, 2020
  3. MY LAPTOP GOES INTO SLEEP WHEN WORKING

Hi,

To resolve your concern, you may follow the steps below:

• In Windows, search and open Power options.
    • Click Change plan settings, for the power plan that is selected.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Do one of the following options to navigate to the hybrid sleep settings:

• Click the plus sign (+) next to Sleep.
    • Click the plus sign (+) next to Allow hybrid sleep, then select
      Off from the drop-down menu, and then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, May 28, 2020
  4. BSOD when laptop goes to sleep

Laptop goes to sleep to quickly

My HP Laptop w/ Windows 10 goes to SLEEP mode within a minute.

I have tried changing the settings and I have tried troubleshooting.

and a few other silly suggestions found on line. Nothing works!

Very frustrating. Has anyone found an actual solution?

TeriHardin, May 28, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when laptop goes to sleep

1. BSOD when laptop goes to sleep - Similar Threads - BSOD laptop goes

2. WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep: I have seen many "solutions" to this issue, both on this forum and other websites. Some steps, like disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and running the power troubleshooter, are attempts to fix a Windows issue. Others are workarounds, like not...
  3. google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ??

in Browsers and Email
    google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ??: Very strange issue google chrome closes out when laptop sleeps, and when i wake it up i have to reload it, HP support guy connected said oh its the hard drive turning off that does it, he went in and set the hard drive to turn off at 999999. why not just turn it not to shut...
  4. Laptop goes sleeping randomly

Laptop goes sleeping randomly: My laptop goes sleeping randomly 1. I observed that right before that happens, the Power-LED flashes in yellow color 5 fast flashes. Sometimes when the LEDs flash in that way, I move the mouse to prevent the PC to go to sleep and it appears to work. Because of that...
  5. google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ??

in Windows 10 Support
    google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ??: Very strange issue google chrome closes out when laptop sleeps, and when i wake it up i have to reload it, HP support guy connected said oh its the hard drive turning off that does it, he went in and set the hard drive to turn off at 999999. why not just turn it not to shut...
  6. laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in

laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in: Hi, I just faced a weird issue on my dell laptop where when I plugged in my charger, windows went to sleep. Now interesting thing is, this didn't happened on any previous times when I plug in my charger. So why it happened now? Another interesting story, it doesn't happen...
  7. Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep

Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep: I got a new HP ENVY laptop with the Updated Windows 10. It has worked fine when i first got it, i started to use it for school alot and it started to have issues waking up. Now it won't wake up at all unless I force Shut Down the whole system. What do i do to fix it. So far...
  8. Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep

Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep: So every time my Asus laptop goes to sleep, it shuts down, no matter how little time it is in sleep mode. I have checked the settings available for power and battery and there is nothing that helps in solving this problem. I have updated my Windows 10 to the latest version...
  9. Laptop Freeze After Sleep/Hibernate/Shutdown, Then Goes BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Freeze After Sleep/Hibernate/Shutdown, Then Goes BSOD: I don't know how to fix this, but can you help me please? (Sorry for bad english) after i sleep/hibernate/shutdown my laptop, it freezes and then goes BSOD The only way how to get rid of this is just Hard Shutdown (Long-pressing the power button) Stop Code is:...
  10. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

All applications close when laptop goes to sleep: I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out? Thanks...