Windows 10: BSOD when launching a certain game. all other games work

Discus and support BSOD when launching a certain game. all other games work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; minidump - https://file.io/NmN33R8cPuH8 ive checked my memory ive updated bios updated drivers checked for viruses check for malware dont know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by G RaF PaRka, Mar 2, 2021.

1. BSOD when launching a certain game. all other games work

minidump - https://file.io/NmN33R8cPuH8

ive checked my memory

ive updated bios

updated drivers

checked for viruses

check for malware

dont know what else to do please help

i played this certain game earlier in the day and came back to play and it started doing this. like i said all other games work but this game BSOD after i hit play

:)

G RaF PaRka, Mar 2, 2021

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Frabnkhs Win User
    Certain old Steam games CTD immediately on launch

I installed the Steam version of Bioshock Infinite and it ran great.

Graphics are great and went as far as my first kill (a slicer), saved the game, exited completely and then opened my save

All seems to work okay

If the "Afterburner" is a overclocking program, games can be finicky

Glad you figured out what was wrong...

BTW.... Thanks for the PC Gaming Wiki tip

BSOD when launching a certain game. all other games work [​IMG]

BSOD when launching a certain game. all other games work [​IMG]

Frabnkhs, Mar 2, 2021
  4. sygnus21 Win User

BSOD when launching a certain game. all other games work

sygnus21, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

BSOD when launching a certain game. all other games work

1. BSOD when launching a certain game. all other games work - Similar Threads - BSOD launching certain

2. BSOD when launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when launching games: Recently, I have been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when launching games, I tried to look for the dump files but event viewer gives me the error "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." Any help would be appreciated...
  3. BSOD when launching games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when launching games: Recently, I have been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when launching games, I tried to look for the dump files but event viewer gives me the error "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." Any help would be appreciated...
  4. BSOD when launching games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD when launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when launching a game: Whenever I try to launch a game my laptop becomes unresponsive, and after a while, I get the BSOD with stop code "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION". This has only been happening recently. I have tried running a full virus scan, check for errors in the memory, checked for driver updates...
  6. BSOD when launching a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when launching a game: Whenever I try to launch a game my laptop becomes unresponsive, and after a while, I get the BSOD with stop code "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION". This has only been happening recently. I have tried running a full virus scan, check for errors in the memory, checked for driver updates...
  7. BSOD when launching a game

8. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  9. BSOD when launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when launching games: Team, Need some help with my pc. Since I installed the XBOX app on my windows 10 enterprise PC I have had certain issues with certain games. I can't play as the game will produce a BSOD. There is not enough time to check on the error message but today it has happened...
  10. BSOD when launching games

BSOD when launching games: Hi, yesterday my PC started to BSOD when launching any game. A few weeks ago I would get an occasional unexpected store exception stop code. Yesterday I got this and a Critical Process died message.I think the problem might be hard drive related but I'm trying to make...