Windows 10: BSOD when login as a user account

Discus and support BSOD when login as a user account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all,I stuck on a BSOD screen when I try to login as an User AccountBUTI'm still be able to login as Administrato.No operation has come to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by v.tsepesh, Aug 4, 2021.

1. v.tsepesh Win User

BSOD when login as a user account

Hi all,I stuck on a BSOD screen when I try to login as an User AccountBUTI'm still be able to login as Administrato.No operation has come to a solution:- sfc- dism- chkdskAny other suggestion?

:)

v.tsepesh, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Fyreman Win User
    Want to DELETE second User Account at login

Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe".
    Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login-"John Doe", where I click to enter my password and a second option to use a PIN, both have EXACT name "John Doe". The first option asks for a Password- it does not accept any PW I've associated with the account. When selecting the second option, the PIN box appears. I am then able to get to my desktop screen.

I want to do two things: 1) Delete the account that asks for the PW 2) Automatically login and go to my desktop screen. When I go to Control Panel user settings to delete it, there is only ONE account that shows. I've tried at least 6 solutions suggested, none have worked. Probably need step-by-step instructions. Thanks in advance.

Fyreman, Aug 4, 2021
  4. BSOD when login as a user account

Windows 10 start up user account

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with log-in user account, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to assist you better:

• How many user accounts are there on your computer?
    • Is your computer connect to Domain?
    • Were you able to see your another user account on start-up screen?

If you are able to see another user account on start-up screen, I suggest you to login through that account and enable the built-in admin account.

After enabling the built-in admin account you can login through that account and delete the default account.

Step 1: Steps to enable built-in admin account

Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Steps to delete the account:

• Login with the built-in administrator account.

• Press “Windows key + X" from the keyboard and click on
      Search icon.

• Type Control Panel in the search box, click on “User accounts” and on
      "Manage another account"

• Click the on the default account you want to delete and Delete.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

BSOD when login as a user account

1. BSOD when login as a user account - Similar Threads - BSOD login user

2. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in: I turn the laptop and log in to my account, when I click on accounts, it shows that the other account is signed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-login-to-my-user-account-it-says-that/37597e89-b43e-4961-9888-96c64f77dc6d
  3. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in: I turn the laptop and log in to my account, when I click on accounts, it shows that the other account is signed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-login-to-my-user-account-it-says-that/37597e89-b43e-4961-9888-96c64f77dc6d
  4. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BSOD when creating password for my User Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when creating password for my User Account: When I'm creating a password for my User Account, my Windows 10 gives me a BSOD, sometimes the stop code is: UNEXPECTED_STORE_ECXEPTION, or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or something else. Here are my device specifications: Device name: USER-PC Processor: IntelR...
  6. user account login failed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user account login failed: i try to log into my laptop but could not login. i changed my password and still i cannot login please check to it to use my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-login-failed/292450a3-dafc-493b-bad9-e2572ab43a9c
  7. User accounts / login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  8. User accounts / login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  9. Cannot login when user locks account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot login when user locks account: I've created 3 user accounts on my Windows 10 system. When one user locks his account, the other users cannot login and are shown the message that "Only one user can sign in at a time". Any work around for this issue? submitted by /u/yorozuyaginchan [link] [comments]...
  10. BSOD when switching user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when switching user accounts: I get a BSOD stating dxgmms2.sys failed when switching from one user account to another if I try to play a video. This occurs when the video starts in many apps, including Netflix, Hulu, Edge, etc. This only happens if another user is signed in and we switch users. It does...