Windows 10: BSOD when moving a program from one monitor that's connected to the GPU to another monitor...

Discus and support BSOD when moving a program from one monitor that's connected to the GPU to another monitor... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I keep on having BSOD's when I move a product that's mostly GPU intensive Autodesk Autocad, Autodesk Revit to another monitor especially now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hips_571, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Hips_571 Win User

BSOD when moving a program from one monitor that's connected to the GPU to another monitor...

Hello, I keep on having BSOD's when I move a product that's mostly GPU intensive Autodesk Autocad, Autodesk Revit to another monitor especially now that the latest version of Revit allows another viewport to be moved to another monitor . Even the EPIC Games launcher desktop notification popups causes BSOD's that's why I've temporarily turned them off so that I could be able to use the Epic Games Launcher.Though other programs like a video player or an internet browser or file explorer doesn't cause a BSOD when I move them to another monitor,Here's the dump file from the Revit crash:*********

:)

Hips_571, Jun 22, 2021

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Opening programs on second monitor, not main monitor

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following steps.

1. Right click a free area of the desktop, select "properties"

2. Click the "settings" tab

3. Click the mouse on the seconary monitor grapic,

4. UNCHECK the box "extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor"

5. Click the primary monitor graphic

6. Make sure that "use this device as primary monitor" is CHECKED

If you're not sure which is 1 and which is 2, tap the "identify" button. It should display a huge, gigantic "1" on the primary monitor.

Or if that does not work, right click the application on the Taskbar, click Move, then use the arrow keys to move the program. The mouse cursor locks to the program window and you can use the mouse to position the program
    on your screen, you just have to use the arrow keys initially.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jun 22, 2021
  4. BSOD when moving a program from one monitor that's connected to the GPU to another monitor...

3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

BSOD when moving a program from one monitor that's connected to the GPU to another monitor...

1. BSOD when moving a program from one monitor that's connected to the GPU to another monitor... - Similar Threads - BSOD moving program

2. All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?: Hi, I have a dual monitor setup. One is 27inch 1440p and the other one is 24 1080p. Every time I'm done using my pc I use Windows+L then sleep mode. When I power it back on it moves everything onto the 27inch. Is this normal when I power it I have to type my passcode to log...
  3. All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?: Hi, I have a dual monitor setup. One is 27inch 1440p and the other one is 24 1080p. Every time I'm done using my pc I use Windows+L then sleep mode. When I power it back on it moves everything onto the 27inch. Is this normal when I power it I have to type my passcode to log...
  4. All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BSOD when connecting Sceptre monitor to GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when connecting Sceptre monitor to GPU.: OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? - Windows 10x86 32-bit or x64 ? - x64What OS was originally installed on the system? - Windows 10Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on the system or full retail version YOU purchased it from a retailer? Pre-installedAge of system...
  6. BSOD when connecting Sceptre monitor to GPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when connecting Sceptre monitor to GPU.: OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? - Windows 10x86 32-bit or x64 ? - x64What OS was originally installed on the system? - Windows 10Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on the system or full retail version YOU purchased it from a retailer? Pre-installedAge of system...
  7. BSOD when connecting Sceptre monitor to GPU.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Issue dragging from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue dragging from one monitor to another: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome as my browser. This is an issue that only started today or at least I only noticed it today. I can drag google chrome tabs from one monitor to another but certain other things I can not. For...
  9. All of my desktop icons move by themselves when i move a couple from one monitor to another.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my desktop icons move by themselves when i move a couple from one monitor to another.: Notably, it seems they all move themselves to the exact same spot each time i recreate this, dont know whats going on. submitted by /u/1Freezer1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8cp7e/all_of_my_desktop_icons_move_by_themselves_when_i/
  10. How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors: I have two monitors. One uses dual DVI cable and one uses DisplayPort. When the monitors wake up after a sleep, the apps on the DVI monitor move to the DisplayPort monitor. This probably has to do with the difference when Windows senses which monitor is active first. Is...