Windows 10: BSOD When Not Using Internet Explorer (AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 Drivers)

Discus and support BSOD When Not Using Internet Explorer (AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 Drivers) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am having an extremely strange bug where If I try to use other browsers such as Firefox, Chrome or even Edge. It will either cause "Display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UnknownAK, Sep 15, 2015.

1. UnknownAK Win User

BSOD When Not Using Internet Explorer (AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 Drivers)

Hi,

I am having an extremely strange bug where If I try to use other browsers such as Firefox, Chrome or even Edge. It will either cause "Display Driver Stopped Responding and has recovered" or a BSOD. Chrome will cause these errors no matter what I am doing, Firefox will only cause these errors on certain pages (Pages with lots of images) and internet explorer doesn't seem to cause any of these issues.

My PC specs are on my profile if you need them. If you need any logs/dump files uploading then let me know.

A lot of people seem to be having BSOD issues with 15.7.1 but most of them have seemingly been able to work them out but I have had this issue for 3 weeks and haven't found a fix yet.

Here is a screenshot of the BSOD I get (always seem message)

Attachment 37847

I would try downloading older drivers but they don't support windows 10 and so I am stuck using 15.7.1

:)

UnknownAK, Sep 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 crashes and freezes

Download and update the AMD Chipset drivers version 15.7.1:

Download nicht abgeschlossen

Package Includes:

AMD Chipset Drivers

AMD AHCI Driver

AMD USB 3.0 Driver

AMD SB7xx RAID Drivers

AMD SB8xx RAID Drivers

AMD SB9xx RAID Drivers

AMD A-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers

AMD E-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers​

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - repeated bugcheck and reboot

Yes, there are 4 subfolders

AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-SB-SATA-AHCI-Win10-Win8.1-Win7

AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit

AMD-Catalyst-15.8Beta-64Bit-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-Aug23

WU-CCC2

FredGuyton, Sep 15, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi UnknownAK,

It has no use to open a new thread for the same problem.

The current drivers are also not 100% supporting windows 10, try an older version and see the results.
    Please make first a restore point, backup of important files and rescue media.

5. UnknownAK Win User
    I made a new thread because other people may have had this issue and this is a lot more specific than my other thread which was just about BSODs in general.

Also drivers pre 15.7.1 aren't windows 10 supported so I don't understand how I could use them without them causing more issues?

UnknownAK, Sep 15, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Never used an onder driver where they said it is not compatible, but it solved the problem?

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD When Not Using Internet Explorer (AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 Drivers) - Similar Threads - BSOD Using Internet

2. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  3. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  4. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Omen 15 en0xxx amd 7 driver update issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Omen 15 en0xxx amd 7 driver update issues.: Windows 10 is starting to get on my nerves. Ever since windows 10 added its own windows driver updater included with its own updates, I have experienced the pain and agony of buggy drivers, trying to keep it compatible with my device through amd's own updater, and after...
  6. AMD Catalyst Software Suite

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Catalyst Software Suite: I am being Requested to update this product, is it part of windows 10 ? Is it a driver that Windows 10 already has in it, or something that needs to be added for computer to work. I looked through replies but see no answers!...
  7. AMD Catalyst Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Catalyst Manager: WHERE does this come from? I did NOT install; did it come from Micro Soft when I changed over to Microsoft 10? My personal settings require Micro soft to have auto updates (which it does) Seems like there's nothing but problems ever since this appeared...
  8. AMD Catalyst Control Center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AMD Catalyst Control Center: Hallo liebe Community, Ich habe im Task-Manager den Prozess "Catalyst Control Center" der für den Internet-Zugang Ethernet zuständig ist vermutlich gelöscht ... Was kann ich unternehmen? Vielen vielen Dank Gruß Günther...
  9. amd catalyst and win update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    amd catalyst and win update: hello I am having a problem updating my graphic card .the catalyst manager keeps telling me I have an update so I install the update reboot .but it goes back to the old driver and the manager keeps telling me I have a update . Is there a thread in here for a fix? somethings...
  10. AMD Catalyst and Windows Store

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Catalyst and Windows Store: Hmmm. It seems when I have AMD Dual-Graphics turned on, the Windows Store and other various parts of the operating system doesn't work. The store will just sit there for a few minutes with the swirling dots on the app properties screen and then crash. Likewise, when...