Windows 10: BSOD when open any video in fullscreen

Discus and support BSOD when open any video in fullscreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys. I always encounter the BSOD when open any video in Chrome in full-screen mode. Can you please help? Thanks. 53982 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by M150, Jun 20, 2016.

1. M150 Win User

BSOD when open any video in fullscreen

Hi guys. I always encounter the BSOD when open any video in Chrome in full-screen mode.

Can you please help? Thanks.

:)

2. KB3149135 and KB3163018 causing Youtube (or other videos) unable to play at full screen mode.

Same problem here. Tried same things.

Everything is up to date.

Everytime I install KB3163018 fullscreen stream videos BSOD...

GuillaumeM1986, Jun 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10. Stop code: system service exception

Recently when I changed my computer monitor I've been getting the BSOD. Specifically. Stop code: System Service Exception. What failed: igdkmd64.sys. I've noticed this usually happens whenever I am watching a youtube video in fullscreen and/or have multiple
    tabs open. Other times it happens at random. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

ChristianZuniga, Jun 20, 2016
  4. J4k0 Win User

Hi, i have the exact same problem. Didn't have any problems until recently. I think it started with the latest windows updates. It also seems that i have the same notebook (Asus N56VZ). I just updated all drivers so that's not the issue. Also videos work in edge, so it may is a chrome/latest windows update/driver problem.

5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jun 22, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    All the dumps I looked at point to dxgmms1.sys, which a Microsoft module that supports DIrectx 12. Since it's unlikely it is the actual cause of the problem, we need to try some other things to flush out the real cause.

Does this happen with other browser5s, like IE or Firefox?

First, run sfc /scannow from a Elevated Command Prompt.Seeif that repairs an file problems.

If no help then run through this tutorial: How to Avoid NVIDIA Driver Problems
    This has a high probability of fixing the problem since Directx is connected to your video card/driver.

If that doesn't help then we need to test RAM and your Hard Drive:

Test RAM & Hard Drive:

RAM:

Download Memtest86+ (you want the 2nd one Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)). Unzip it then create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called ImgBurn which will do this easily.

DO NOT burn the .iso file directly to CD. It must be used as input to a program that knows what to do with it, like the one I mentioned above.

You can do this on any computer that has a working CD Burner.

You can also use a Flash drive instead of a CD.

Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*.
    Unzip and run Memtest86+ USB Installer.exe.
    It will format the flash drive if you tell it to. I used a small, 16MB flash drive and it had 8.5GB left when done.

Boot the CD or Flash drive and run Memtest86+ for 8 complete passes unless it shows errors sooner than that. An overnight run, though good, may not be enough time. It depends on how much RAM you have.

You can stop the test after you see the first error appearing *Smile

Follow this tutorial to see how you can find out what exactly is causing the errors.

Hard Drive:

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.

7 Free Hard Drive Testing Programs
    Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
    Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics

Ztruker, Jun 23, 2016
  7. M150 Win User
    Thank you. It only happens on Chrome and IE, and works fine on Firefox. sfc /scannow did not help.

I had to disable Chrome from using GPU and it's working fine now.

8. Ztruker Win User

Strange, but a fix is a fix. Glad you have it working now.

How did you disable Chrome from using GPU?

Ztruker, Jun 25, 2016
  9. M150 Win User
    I guess there is something wrong with the Nvidia driver, but still not have time to rectify it.

About the workaround, I added this parameter in Chrome shorcut: --disable-gpu

10. MilkyTech Win User
    This fix worked for me! *Cool
    My Dell E6530 started crashing with youtube going to full screen after Windows 10 updated itself in the middle of the night!

MilkyTech, Sep 24, 2016
  11. MilkyTech Win User
    I guess I spoke too quickly. While adding that parameter does work, there are a couple of caveats: it only works if chrome is opened from that particular shortcut, so clicking on a link in an email will avoid the parameter and thus if you go to youtube in that window, same issue. Also, in my particular case, the gpu being disabled also disables the audio signal that goes through the hdmi to my HP Envy Monitor with integrated Beats Audio. So now I can watch full screen, but only get sound from my lame laptop speakers.
    This issue needs a better fix and I doubt it will come in a Windows 10 forum since it is clearly an Nvidia driver issue not being compatible with the latest win 10 update.

MilkyTech, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when open any video in fullscreen - Similar Threads - BSOD open video

2. Online Video loses focus when entering fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online Video loses focus when entering fullscreen: Hi thereI recently built a new PC and upgraded to Windows 11 and since have been having this issue.Whenever I fullscreen a video specifically YouTube I am unable to use the arrow keys for adjusting volume unless I click on the video again.I usually use Firefox as my primary...
  3. Online Video loses focus when entering fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online Video loses focus when entering fullscreen: Hi thereI recently built a new PC and upgraded to Windows 11 and since have been having this issue.Whenever I fullscreen a video specifically YouTube I am unable to use the arrow keys for adjusting volume unless I click on the video again.I usually use Firefox as my primary...
  4. any ways to open fullscreen apps on a part of the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any ways to open fullscreen apps on a part of the screen?: i have a portrait monitar and i want to make apps get to full screen in a part of the monster monitar submitted by /u/mountainro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hio9pv/any_ways_to_open_fullscreen_apps_on_a_part_of_the/
  5. Browser Unmaximizes when I fullscreen on a video on youtube, or any other site.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser Unmaximizes when I fullscreen on a video on youtube, or any other site.: This is weird, and I have no fix for this, but for some reason whenever I fullscreen on Opera GX and it happens on any other browsers too, my question is, is there a way to fix this?...
  6. BSOD in fullscreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD in fullscreen.: Hello. So recently I have been having a problem with my laptop. Whenever I put an application in fullscreen mode, it gives me a bluescreen. List of applications that do this: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Terraria Steam (Big Picture mode) Dolphin (Emulator) Probably a...
  7. Video not Completely Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video not Completely Fullscreen: So the only way i can explain this is through pics. please see attached the video does not go completely fullscreen, there is a border on top and left but not right and bottom. IT is the same with all videos, all websites all apps Imgur: The magic of the Internet 110706
  8. BSOD when anything is in fullscreen

BSOD when anything is in fullscreen: Hello, i have been experiencing error for quite some time now. Whenever i try to play a game in fullscreen or play a video in fullscreen on my other screen while editing videos this BSOD error comes: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. I cannot play a single game on my PC due to...
  9. BSOD when opening video files

BSOD when opening video files: Attachment 124011 Can someone take a look at this and help me? Trying to figure out how to do my video transcription work and I get the Video TDR Failure BSOD each time I try to open my video files. Thanks! 78789
  10. BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome

BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome: I recently made the switch to windows and I get BSOD very often while trying to full screen a video in Chrome. I tried reinstalling windows and I still get the error. I tried letting windows install the video drivers, it BSODs, i tried letting the lenovo update tool...