Windows 10: BSOD when open games in full screen mode

Discus and support BSOD when open games in full screen mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, yesterday I just update my windows 10 from 1809 to 1909 due to Xbox Game Pass BETA program for PC. Now I'm not able to run any game in full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LSasounian, Jun 3, 2020.

1. BSOD when open games in full screen mode

Hey guys, yesterday I just update my windows 10 from 1809 to 1909 due to Xbox Game Pass BETA program for PC. Now I'm not able to run any game in full screen mode from steam, blizzard, riot and minecraft also. I got the BSOD with a failure on ddkmd.sys, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I make a clean install of my video card driver using DDU to remove all and installing again from NVIDEA website and also from Intel website. My notebook has 2 graphic cards, a NVIDEA GTX 1050 and a Intel Graphic 630. If I disable the Intel card, I can play some games but other still not working.

I have a second screen used via HDMI, on this screen the NVIDEA runs and on my notebook screen, the Intel runs Don't know why but that is the config. On a past, I have an issue running games only on my notebook screen, that's why I use the second screen as my main screen

OBS: There's no software like DuetDisplay ou LinkDisplay as I searched on this community

Attached, I have the minidump file, msinfo32, AIDA report and a picture: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlHp5t4DTTwega8uwizHrNsOUcvpMA?e=YddiSr

:)

LSasounian, Jun 3, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 3, 2020
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 3, 2020
  4. BSOD when open games in full screen mode

Black Screen when opening games

Hi Brendon,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, then suggest you to check with the game developers if they have released any updates for the game and install the same and check.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

BSOD when open games in full screen mode

1. BSOD when open games in full screen mode - Similar Threads - BSOD open games

2. My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...: My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the full screen, I can see the start at and use it with the mouse, note the screen is not windowed it's full screen but it is smaller than the size of the screen yeah and I can see half of my...
  3. My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...: My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the full screen, I can see the start at and use it with the mouse, note the screen is not windowed it's full screen but it is smaller than the size of the screen yeah and I can see half of my...
  4. Monitor Switches to 30Hz when games are opened in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Switches to 30Hz when games are opened in full screen: I am currently using a Asus Tuf Gaming fx504GD laptop with an i5 8th gen and gtx 1050 graphics with 16 gb memory. when ever i try to use my acer 165hz monitor with the laptop it works fine untill i open any games in full screen. for some reason the refresh rate switches to...
  5. Monitor Switches to 30Hz when games are opened in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Switches to 30Hz when games are opened in full screen: I am currently using a Asus Tuf Gaming fx504GD laptop with an i5 8th gen and gtx 1050 graphics with 16 gb memory. when ever i try to use my acer 165hz monitor with the laptop it works fine untill i open any games in full screen. for some reason the refresh rate switches to...
  6. Monitor Switches to 30Hz when games are opened in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Full screen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen mode: When im playing fifa my windows randomly exits full screen mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-mode/86d6b229-11ed-4bd3-b518-c92a0dc90bc2
  8. BSOD when open games in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when open games in full screen mode: Hey guys, yesterday I just update my windows 10 from 1809 to 1909 due to Xbox Game Pass program for PC. Now I'm not able to run any game in full screen mode from steam, blizzard, riot and minecraft also. I got the BSOD with a failure on ddkmd.sys, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION I...
  9. BSoD when YouTube on full screen

BSoD when YouTube on full screen: Hello, In the last time I had some Blues Screens with UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION error code. It is annoying But what did I noticed is that I receive BSoD when I was watching on YouTube on full screen mode. So it is probably a problem with some drivers. Another thing is...
  10. BSOD when games are open.

BSOD when games are open.: Hi, I'm getting BSOD a few times each week, only when I'm inside a game. I've ran the dump program Attachment 139328 . I also got memory.dmp files from the last crash. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e) This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address...