Windows 10: BSOD when opening an specific Windows Store App (EarTrumpet)

Discus and support BSOD when opening an specific Windows Store App (EarTrumpet) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm with this strange problem of BSOD "kernel security check failure". It always happens when I try to use "EarTrumpet" App from Windows Store.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by renk23, Sep 26, 2016.

1. renk23 Win User

BSOD when opening an specific Windows Store App (EarTrumpet)

So I'm with this strange problem of BSOD "kernel security check failure".

It always happens when I try to use "EarTrumpet" App from Windows Store.

I try with Windows 10 RTM 14393 up to date, and now with preview build 14931... Both had the problem.

PC:
    AMD fx6300
    8gb RAM
    r9 280
    All drivers up to date

zip file attached = Attachment 103442

:)

renk23, Sep 26, 2016

2. Unexpected store exception and critical process died (random)

My windows 10 Aus pc is showing me two BSOD unexpected store exception and critical process dies. It is very frustrating and is random. There is no specific app that leads to the blue screen death. Please help me. I have tried opening some dump files but
    I haven't been able to decipher them correctly.

MuhammadRafiqueVW, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Store Apps Not Opening on Specific Profile

Hi Andre.

Have you tried to run the Windows Store app troubleshooter? This is used to solve any app related issue. Follow the steps on this

link.

If the issue still persists, try to clear the Windows Store cache. Follow the steps below:

1. Press windows key + R key and open the Run dialog box.

2. In there, type “Wsreset.exe” and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Sep 26, 2016
  4. BSOD when opening an specific Windows Store App (EarTrumpet)

Thanks for the report. We're seeing a small number of users with the same problem and have looped in Microsoft to figure out what's going on. Seems Centennial related.

Looking at your ZIP now, thanks for that!

Update: Microsoft has confirmed the issue (John Sheehan on Twitter: )

WithinRafael, Sep 26, 2016
Thema:

BSOD when opening an specific Windows Store App (EarTrumpet)

1. BSOD when opening an specific Windows Store App (EarTrumpet) - Similar Threads - BSOD opening specific

2. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when opening discord app!: Hello,Yesterday I was doing some clean on my gf pc, removing dust and all the components. She has a R5 340 amd radeon 2gb GPU but I wanted to change it to a GTX 750 4gb.I replaced the GPU and start the pc again when suddenly I got a lot of BSOD,I managed to solve some of the...
  3. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when opening discord app!: Hello,Yesterday I was doing some clean on my gf pc, removing dust and all the components. She has a R5 340 amd radeon 2gb GPU but I wanted to change it to a GTX 750 4gb.I replaced the GPU and start the pc again when suddenly I got a lot of BSOD,I managed to solve some of the...
  4. when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...: here is the problemi had used my gta 5 mod remover as an example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-certain-app-it-asks-for-selecting-a/9856de1e-2854-4187-b57d-8e99ab84a796
  5. when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...: here is the problemi had used my gta 5 mod remover as an example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-certain-app-it-asks-for-selecting-a/9856de1e-2854-4187-b57d-8e99ab84a796
  6. Opening a file with a specific app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening a file with a specific app: Is there any way to open a specific file with a specific app? I' d like to automatically open a file with a certain pdf reader, but, at the same time, I need all the other pdf on my computer to open in Chrome. Is there any way to do that automatically without needing to right...
  7. Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens

Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens: Hello everyone, I'm trying to make it so some apps close when a specific app opens because the apps running in background take an accessive amount of memory on my computer and affect the performance of my computer. I'm thinking of a program that may be on Powershell or a...
  8. Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes: I have some apps that run some background activity and that have a serious toll on how my games perform, and I was wondering if I could automate them closing when I open a certain game and possibly reopen. Thanks submitted by /u/randomnewskills [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Store - Will not download specific apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store - Will not download specific apps: Hello All... I'm sure this issue has been brought up... I have scoured Microsoft forums. Tried every fix, including a Factory Hard Reset. I'm at my wit's end. Windows will not download and install at all Gears of war 4. Just won't do it. Sits on the download. The store will...
  10. BSOD when opening certain Specific apps

BSOD when opening certain Specific apps: Hi! I have a relatively new PC I built less than 90 days ago. I have been building PCs and such for ages now so am pretty versed with Windows shenanigans but at this point, I am simply stumped! ATM it seems every time I open my torrent client (Qbittorrent) I get a BSOD...